• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 739 Views, 10 Comments

Return of Destruction - bethliza123



Princess Celstia and the elements of harmony are turned to stone

  • ...
 10
 739

Chapter 1

(Warning, this story may suck beyond all! This is after all my first time writing something like this!)

The sky was grey as the train screeched to a stop at the Ponyville train depot. There was no pony to welcome the six mares as they exited the last cart of the relatively short train. They had all been raised here, and grew to be friends with few other ponies before being recruited by Princess Celestia. They had planed to return to visit, but as fate would have it, it would have been a lost cause.

Not a friendly face in sight as they made their way through the town, and flew to "Sweet Apple Acres". Where they were met by three grim ponies, each looked like all the happiness that once surrounded them was swept away by what waited inside their barn.

One of the Pegici pulled open the large doors, to reveal why they had come.

Six stone ponies. Each that had, at one time, saved Equistria with the Elements of Harmony. Smiles on their ice cold faces, as though they were celebrating something. Their frozen smiles were all that remained of happiness, as they were transported by the six pegici to Canterlot.

***

The same six pegici mares were now back in Canterlot, in the same room they had shared sense they first arrived about three years ago. One of them was an orange furred with a purple and bright blue mane, her cutie mark was a flame in two purple clouds. "Of all the things to go wrong! This is the worst!" she leaned back onto her bed crossing her hooves; "First, Princess Celstia gets turned to stone! Then the only ponies that can save her are turned to stone! Then Princess Luna gets blamed for the whole thing!"

"Well you have to think, it does make sense why everyone thinks it's her Sunset Burst." a yellow pony, sketch pad in front of her, layed on her bed just across from Sunset's, "Argh!" she through her sketch pad to the ground, "How about adding 'lack of artistic creativity' to your list of what's gone wrong so far?"

Sunset Burst stared at her for a moment, Why? was all that came to mind. The group sat in silence for a minute or two, they had all been relatively close to those ponies at one time or another.

There was a knock on the door, and Princess Luna entered. The six mares jumped to their hooves, facing her. "I need you six to go back to Ponyville." Sunset was shocked, not by the task, but by the fact that pegici belonging to this alliance as it was called, tended to be sent out alone. "I need you to find out what has happened to these ponies, under any means necessary." with a sigh she added, "What ever caused this; my magic can not fix it. So we need to find out why this happened in the first place." she made her way back toward the door, opening it she added to the group, "I wish you the best of luck, for I fear Equistria may depend on it."

As the door closed, the ponies turned to each other again, "Well... Looks like we will get to see Ponyville after all... Heheh?" the angry glares of her friends were paused by a loud gong like bang from outside.

The ponies were submerged into a trance it would seem, as they filled out the door in such single file that any pony would think impossible. They continued along at an organized trot, there were several other groups of pegici in sight; they all seemed so syrconized with each other that they might as well have shared the same heart beat.

Ahead the gong grew louder as they all approached a large metal building with four sets of double doors for each side. That was where the synchronization ended, and the battles to be first in began. Sunset Burst, knowing that most ponies would forget they can fly, lifted herself into the air above their heads, and rocketed inside. The walls were lined with tables, some for one, some for large groups. In the center, were square buffet lines one on top of the other, over flowing with chefs and food. More ponies had come in, some flying like Sunset had, most walking or more like racing to the center. Not trying to get caught up in the excitement, the light orange pegicis flew up to the top. With out stoping, she grasped a plate, and continued to the top. Pausing at last, to grab some cake and pie. "Why not eat something else first?" the cook questioned, somewhat offended.

She just laughed, "What? And wait for all of this to be gone? No thank you!" without waiting to be caught in a mob of more pegici, Sunset landed, and balanced her hard earned food on her back. She serviced the area, spotting her friends at one of the larger booth tables waiting for her. Weaving her way through the crowd now gathering on the ground, she set her pace at a gallop and made her way to the table.

"Really? Pie and cake? I thought you were trying to stay fit."

"I am Stitch Work, that’s why I flew all the way up there." she laughed at her friend, realizing that none of them had plates, "Where in the name of Celestia is your food anyway?"

Rain Sketch turned to her, "We're waiting for the crowd to die down first so we could get to the food easier." she explained. Sunset rolled her eyes lazy!

"Well all of the good food will be gone by the time you get there so I win!" Sunset boasted as the others set of for the buffet, "Ha!" she turned back to her deserts, eyes wide as she felt their delicious already like goasts floating in her mouth. "Your mine!" the creamy and fluffy cake was of no comparison to the crunchy and soft apple pie. Still not as good as the Apple family's though. It's been agreed by every pony that the family of Sweet Apple Acres had the best apple, well everything! She allowed her mind to drift off as she thought about all of the good times every pony used to have on that little farm. It's kind of sad that that's where they were found I guess...