• Published 16th Sep 2015
  • 535 Views, 5 Comments

Anim's Adventures in Equestria - Animatorsnake



What would happen if a being with limitless power regenerates into a pony. Well this happened to Anim, with fragmented memories of the past, he lives in the town of Ponyville and sees what it's like being a pony, or could it all be a lie.

  • ...
13
 5
 535

Awkward Moments & More Surprises

Author's Note:

A four-part chapter, with two journal entries from two different characters, and two view points from two different characters... this is going to be fun.

This chapter is focusing on a journal entry written by, Anim.

(On another note, the first part and second part of this chapter are short, but I'll repay that by making the other two more longer.)

(P.S.S, had to change some parts of the story, nothing major but to make the next chapter make sense.)

“WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?” shouted Trixie.

The month is April; it’s a few weeks after the events that occurred on April Foal’s Day. Now I was just taking a trot down town, a “normal” day as usual… but an unexpected, a REALLY unexpected factor has happened. It started the morning I woke up; I stretched my limbs and relaxed my neck. Nothing special was today but that was about to all change…

“Good morning me,” said Anim.

“Anim, are you up!? I need your help with something!” shouted Twilight.

I got off my bed and went to see what she needed. As usual it was something simple, nothing hard or important but, I considered everything to be “important”.

“You needed something Twilight?” asked Anim.

“I need you to help with some strange anomalies that been going on around Ponyville recently. It started out small, like a leaf… but began growing into a sort of fungus. I have no idea what exactly it is, but no matter what was, it seems to slowed down,” said Twilight, explaining her situation. “That’s why I need you to check these areas for me; they’re where the strange anomalies have been popping up at random.”

“Sure, I’ll go right away,” said Anim, heading off.

But before I could leave, Twilight stopped me to tell me something. “Wait Anim, before you go… there’s something I need to tell you,” said Twilight.

“Yes, what is it?” asked Anim.

“Well… we’ve been friends for a while and… I was wondering that, if there are things bothering you… or maybe you want to talk about your past… we’re always there for you to talk to,” said Twilight, who felt worried for Anim.

I knew what Twilight was trying; since we’ve been friends for nearly a year… well to be exact it's been seven or eight months but who’s counting. I know I’ve been friends with them all, to the princesses, from Discord, then the Doctor and Derpy, from the CMC, to the Mane 6 and Spike… and finally Trixie… but, there are some things that aren’t meant to be told. I lived a treacherously life, and even before I was born, my past regenerations never had it easy… but I guess my only hope was my future regeneration… Minalia Xis, the 4th regeneration of The Guide… I wonder how she is, I do miss her, and yes she can be annoying but… I love her as much as the sister I never had… yet our relationship may be considered “weird”, my love for her is true and honest… as well as my memory of her, distant yet calming. But I’m being sidetracked from the story, after Twilight’s little talk, I simply nod and patted her on the head and went off. The first location of many was a fountain located in the park.

“Now, the list here says that an odd amount of magic energy was felt here. Believed to be some sort of… locator's spell? Who would use a locator spell this powerful… something like this would had to be used to find a powerful artifact or relic… or maybe, a certain being… nah!” thought Anim, continuing to search.

I found nothing of interest but I bumped into the CMC who were continuing on the search for their cutie marks… oh speaking of which, I haven’t gain mine either yet funny enough. “Hey Anim, what are you doing here?” asked Applebloom, who went up to Anim.

“Doing a favor for Twilight… say have you seen anypony odd or use a powerful spell?” Anim asked.

“Nope, sorry Anim,” said Scootaloo.

“We haven’t seen anypony doing something like that, but we’ll help to look too… maybe we can be good at discovering things!” said Sweetie Belle.

“YEAH, CUTIE MARK CRUSADER LOCATORS!” shouted the three, who went off.

I wonder how they’ll be when they grow up. Now, onto the second location, I was heading off to the Carousal Boutique. Inside was Rarity, working on her next design as always but, with her was Spike… who was helping getting snacks and drinks. “Oh Anim, now what gives me the pleasure of seeing you here?” said Rarity, taking a sip of tea.

“Well I noticed an odd energy reading coming here… has anypony odd ever come here recently this past month?” asked Anim.

“Well… no, the month’s been slow and, business has been a steady pace but nopony new though. It would be nice to see a new face now and then,” said Rarity.

“I see… well I guess I better go now, but if you do see something or remember anything, come tell me,” said Anim.

“I will, have a good day Anim!” said Rarity, as Anim left. “Now… Spike, would you give me that spool of cloth.”

“Of course Rarity, coming right up,” said Spike, handing Rarity the spool.

I continued to the next location, which was surprisingly Sweet Apple Acres. It’s been awhile since I’ve been here… I should visit more often. There I spotted Rainbow and Applejack, who were having a discussion… or more like an argument to be exact. “No Rainbow, you can’t just sleep here whenever you want to. This here is my family’s apple trees, not your personal sleeping grounds,” said Applejack.

“Hey, I sleep where I want to sleep. And besides, I need somewhere to rest after work,” said Rainbow.

“By work, do you mean when you try to show the Wonderbolts your skills?” said Applejack.

“Yeah... I mean, no!” said Rainbow, who crossed her hooves. “I have other things than that you know.”

Before things could get ugly, I intervened. “Now girls, there’s no need for a fight, and besides Rainbow, Applejack has a point you can’t simply sleep here… there are other trees to try out,” said Anim.

“I guess so…” said Rainbow, agreeing.

“At least we had that problem solved. Now what brings you here Anim?” asked Applejack.

“Well, some odd anomalies are coming here and there. You wouldn’t happen to see anypony strange here… would you?” asked Anim.

“No… nothing odd or strange, but I’ll see if Big Mac or Granny Smith seen anypony,” said Applejack.

“Thanks, I owe you. Well I got to go, see yeah,” said Anim.

“Don’t worry Anim, you done enough for me as it is,” said Applejack, waving goodbye. “How did we deserve a friend like Anim?”

“I don’t know, but I always wonder… was Anim always like this?” Rainbow asked.

“Like what?” said Applejack.

“I mean… has he been always… so calm, like nothing can bother him. I’d love to see how he is when his in a tight situation,” said Rainbow.

“I suppose I’d had to agree with you on that,” said Applejack.

I left off to the fourth location, which was Fluttershy’s cottage. When I arrived, I noticed Discord and Fluttershy having a picnic outside, I approached them if they have seen anything odd here.

“Hey you guys,” said Anim.

“Oh hi Anim,” said Fluttershy. “It’s nice to—”

“ANIM MY FRIEND!” shouted Discord, who hugged Anim instantly. “WE SHOULD HANG OUT MORE OFTEN, WOULD YOU LIKE SOME TEA?!”

“No I’m fine… you mind if you could…” said Anim.

“Oh of course,” said Discord, letting go. “What brings you here?”

“Well, have any of you felt an odd presence here, ever?” asked Anim.

I saw Discord thinking back if he saw anything, but he gave a slight no. Fluttershy on the other hoof however had seen something. “Actually, I noticed a strange pony walking through here; she seemed to be casting a spell but left immediately. I couldn’t see her face or cutie mark… sorry Anim,” said Fluttershy.

“No, your help was all I need. Well I got to go, bye,” said Anim.

“It was good to see you,” said Fluttershy.

“We really need to hangout more often,” said Discord, giving thumbs up to me… were his thumbs started floating.

After leaving the cottage, I noticed somepony walking by me to Fluttershy’s, but I was too distracted to notice who it was. My next location was to Sugarcube Corner, surprisingly inside was Twilight, who was with Pinkie, Derpy, and Doctor Whooves. They were having a good time, so I thought to join them. “Hey everypony, how’re you doing today?” Anim asked.

“Fine Anim, it’s good to see you again,” said Doctor Whooves.

“How you been doing Anim?” asked Derpy. “Would you like a muffin?”

“Anim, Twilight told me what she told you and I think I might help!” said Pinkie, who was hopping uncontrollably.

“Really, you do!” said Anim, surprised.

“Uh huh, I saw some strange pony that came to town, I wanted to give them a party… but she disappeared before I could give them one. Ever since then they went missing, or maybe their hiding from me,” said Pinkie. “They must be good hiders.

“But anyway, Anim whoever this pony that Pinkie saw, might know about what these anomalies are all about,” said Twilight.

I was happy that we could find the source of these anomalies. But before I could pile up my information together, Twilight remembered something she completely forgot. Telling me what she remembers, I gave my ear what she had to say. “Oh Anim, I almost forgot. Trixie came here looking for you, she said she needed to ask you something,” said Twilight.

“Really, where is she?” Anim asked.

“She’s at the town square, by the way, the last anomaly is ironically located at the town square too, you can finish both up at once,” said Twilight.

“I suppose so… well better go see Trixie, see yeah everypony,” said Anim, leaving.

As I left, I arrived at the town square to find my special some— I mean, Trixie. When I went there, the square was ominously quiet… not to mention empty. I couldn’t see or find Trixie… but instead I found somepony else. “So… I finally found you.”

I turned to see who was speaking to me. When I turned, I saw a slightly darkish purple pony… her shade of purple seemed too familiar, like I was looking at a photo or memory of somepony… or someone I once knew. The pony moved up to me and gave a warm smile. “Okay… who are you, and do I know you?” Anim asked.

The pony seemed oddly moved by my voice, more than that she seemed much focused on me. She scanned my body for some odd reason… then… she gave me a hug. Weird as it may be, I felt an odd familiar presence when she hugged me… I felt like this only once, and it was with only one person. “I can’t believe your alive… dad.”

That’s when my world finally shook. I slowly moved my gaze to these ponies’ eyes, and saw her eyes… they were the same as that one person I cared for… magenta eyes… “Is that you, Mina?” asked Anim.

“Yes it’s me… Mina,” said Mina, who was crying.

I gave out such a big smile, that I lifted her up, and twirled her around as long as I could. Time froze… and I wanted this moment to last forever, but nothing stays the same. “I can’t believe you’re here!” shouted Anim.

“DADDY!” shouted Mina, who hugged onto Anim.

“WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?” shouted Trixie.

I realized I had a lot to explain… I’m currently hugging somepony from my past. But to Trixie, I was hugging a complete stranger… in a way you wouldn’t greet a stranger… this is going to be one awkward moment, but there’ll be more surprises to come after this, that I’m sure of. Just how exactly am I going to survive this ordeal, from becoming even worse than it is?