• Published 9th Oct 2015
  • 213 Views, 0 Comments

The Cherry Tree - Woody Willows



Hearts 'n Hooves day is a beautiful time of the year! Ponies are always so happy. Seriously, who could hate this holiday. Nopony, right. Well, one does. His name is Light-Heart and he's jealous of his brother....

  • ...
 0
 213

Chapter 2

Author's Note:

This chapter contains one of the hottest burns and worst rejections of all time (at least in my opinion). Also, on a more serious note, I consider this a more well written chapter. So please, give this chapter its due respects, even though it's pretty short. Thank you very much for reading this story and I love all of you readers. Thank you.

"How are you feeling, Sky?"

"You think I'm feeling good, Light-Heart?"

"Well, I just heard that my baby brother isn't feeling well and wanted to come check on him. Is that a crime?"

"Well...I guess not. But, knowing you like I do, you got something else in mind... But I appreciate the visit nonetheless. I just wish I knew who casted such a spell on me..."

"Well," his horn glows and a nearby flower in a vase dies. "Let's just say you're living proof of the effectiveness of my new spell..."

"Wait, you did this to me?! Why!?"

"Well, I figured if I could incapacitate you for a while, it'd give me time to take Cherry-Blossom back."

"Is that what this load of maneure is about?! I understand that you wanted her, but she chose me! I didn't steal her from you, straw-for-brains! And by the way, you can forget it! I already asked her to marry me and she said yes. She has the ring and everything. You. Lost."

"What?! You -- no matter. The few months will be enough for me to get her to change her mind."

"HA! No way she'd change her mind! I don't have anything to worry about!"

"And why is that?"

"Because if she left you once, she isn't going to take you back. But look on the bright side! One mare's trash is another's treasure."

"Think you're so slick, huh?"

"Nope. I'm just confident that I KNOW I am better than you are. You may as well back off now before I call someone in here...you poor excuse for a brother."

Light-Heart turns and moves towards the doorway sporting a sly smile. "Thanks for that compliment... Oh hello! I was just leaving," as Cherry-Blossom comes in the door.

Cherry-Blossom comes up beside her fiancée. "What was that all about?"

Sky lets out a heavy sigh. "Nothing. Just...ignore him from now on..."

"Is he still on about the thing of you 'stealing' me from him?" Sky nods. "Oh, rubbish! Well, anyway, I just came by to see how things are going."

"Not too bad, all things considered. Just...waiting it out...like always..."

"Now don't you worry, you WILL be fine in the end. Just grin and bear it until then, okie-dokie?"

"Mmm, I guess so."

"Awesome! Cause I have some ideas concerning our weeding!"


"And that's that. So we are going to get married just a day or two after your hospital release. Just to get things kicked off as soon as possible. Sound good to you?"

"Of course! I'm looking forward to it, Cherry!"

"Oh! I almost forgot! I got you a little something!" She takes a blue necklace with a white cloud pendant out of her saddlebag and puts it around his neck. "I hope you like it."

"Oh, don't be a silly filly. Of course I love it. Anything you give me, I will treasure." He sits up and reaches aout and embraces his lover. "You know what?" he says, after a few seconds of the hug.

"What's that?"

"One of thise changelings would love to be here right now."

Cherry laughs lightheartedly and pulls from the hug. "Don't I know it!" She gives him a soft kiss on the cheek before looking at the wall clock. "Oh no! I really must be going, sadly. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Heh. I'm not going anywhere. Oh, and remember; just ignore Light-Heart from here on out."

"Gotcha! Farewell!" Cherry blossom leaves the room.


Cherry-Blossom sits back under the cherry tree in her front yard and lays back on the grass.

"How's it going, beautiful?" she hears a voice say.

"Light-Heart, get out of the tree before I throw you down!"

Light-Heart looks down feom the tree. "Now why'd you wanna go and do a thing like that, baby?" He suddenly feels a tingling sensation around he leg which he recognizes as the feeling of magic gripping his shin. "Crap!" is all he is able to say before he forcefully ejected from his perch, slamming onto the ground. "Ouch!"

"Why'd I do a thing like that? Well, because you won't leave the past how it is! What's done is done and that can't be changed! And hou aren't changing my ming either! This golden band around my horn says I'm already spoken for and not by you! So how about you get your sorry carcass off my property before I throw clear across Equestria! There, the buzzards would hopefully find you as a snack! That's all you're good for, after all! Now git!"

"But--" He suddenly feels that same tingling feeling around his torso. "Alright, I'm going!" He literally runs off of the land.

"And don't come back!" Cherry-Blossom goes back to lying under the big tree she adores so dearly.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment