• Published 27th Aug 2015
  • 329 Views, 6 Comments

The Manetown Chronicles: A Hidden Heritage - LincolnShanna



Princess Luna and Princess Celestia leave Equestria and their magic with Princess Twilight and Princess Cadence. They teleport to the human world, marry human men who know about their magic, and both royals have daughters. Nightmare Moon may return.

  • ...
 6
 329

Prologue

“Are you quite sure that you can handle this task?” Princess Celestia asked her student.

“Yes,” she replied. “I’m positive.” As Twilight Sparkle nodded, her purple-and-pink mane bounced.

“This is no easy task we are giving you,” Celestia’s younger sister added. She looked worried.

“It’s going to be fine,” Celestia’s niece, Princess Cadence assured. “We can do this.”

“I know you can,” Celestia admitted, “but I’m not sure that every other pony feels the same way.” She fought back a tear as she thought about what she was getting herself into. Giving up their thrones would be worth the loss. Love tugged at Celestia and Luna’s hearts, and they couldn’t ignore it any longer.

Celestia’s dearest student smiled sadly. She returned the smile. Celestia had no idea when she would see Twilight again. She trotted over to her. Teacher and student hugged.

Princess Luna tapped Princess Celestia on the shoulder. “We must get going, sister.”

“I know,” Celestia replied quietly.

Celestia walked toward her student, while her sister approached their niece. Celestia tapped her horn on her student’s horn, and Celestia’s sister did the same thing to Cadence. Celestia felt a tug on she flank, and she looked at her flank. Her sun-shpaed Cutie Mark was gone. So was Luna’s. It didn’t matter. They wouldn’t need them anymore. The sun princess turned to face Twilight Sparkle.

“You are now the sole controller of the sun,” she told Twilight. Twilight nodded solemnly.

“And you now rule the moon,” Celestia’s young sister said to thier loving niece.

Celestia hugged her student one last time.

“Goodbye, Princess Twilight.” Celestia smiled at Twilight Sparkle. She had grown so much since she joined Celestia’s school for gifted unicorns. Now, she was going to be the one to teach the magical race of ponies. The sun princess wiped a single tear from Twilight’s cheek. “I will miss you.”

“Goodbye, Princess,” Twilight said to her teacher.

Celestia turned to look at her niece. “Take care of her, Cadence,” she told her. Cadence didn’t look at her aunt. Celestia lifted her chin with her hoof. Cadence was crying. Celestia wiped the tears from her cheeks.

“It will be all right, my dear niece,” the sun princess assured her.

Cadence smiled and nodded.

Luna and Celestia turned to face the magic mirror.

They walked through the portal. They were going empty-hooved. No magic, no Cutie Marks, no reigning power. Only a small gem on a gold chain and thier crowns. Celestia knew that at the other end of the portal stood their new partners for life. Thier fiancés. Their human fiancés.

As Luna and Celestia entered the portal, Celestia heard Twilight speak to Cadence.

“So, do you want to stay with me in my castle? It would make the whole sun-moon thing easier…”

“Maybe… I’d have to check with Shining Armor…”

As the two princesses spun around and around through the portal, Celestia felt her horn disappear and her wings vanish. Her mane and tail changed drastically. Her mane was now white-blonde, but she found a few pink streaks of mane… hair among the white. Luna was going through the same changes. Her hair was now black, but Celestia noticed a few blue streaks in her hair. At least they would have something to remind them of Equestria.

As Celestia fell out of the portal, she saw a flat hoof outstretched. She had to remind herself that this was called a “hand.” Celestia took the hand and someone pulled her up. Celestia looked up and saw him. Her fiancé. She saw that Luna’s fiance was there, too.

“Hello, Celestia,” Celestia’s fiance said.

“Hello, John,” the sun princess replied. “How are you?”

“Wonderful, now that you’re here.”

Celestia blushed. Luna giggled as she held her fiancé’s hands in hers. “John?” Celestia asked. “Lenny?” Celestia addressed Luna’s fiance.

“Yes?” The two men looked at Celestia.

“I was wondering… the names ‘Luna’ and ‘Celestia’ do not sound like typical human names. What do you think Luna and I should do about that?” Celestia wondered aloud. Luna nodded.

“Well,” John said. “Lenny and I have actually been researching that same subject. We found two names that we think that will suit you just fine.” He handed Celestia a folded slip of parchment… paper. Lenny gave Luna a piece of paper, too. They unfolded the papers. In plain writing, Celestia’s read: Kalissa. Luna walked over to her sister and showed her her paper. It read: Selene.

“Selene means ‘moon,’” Lenny said. “I thought that you would like your name to refer to your… um… previous magical influence.” Celestia saw Luna cringe when Lenny mentioned the fact that they no longer had magic. She knew that Luna already missed their wings and magic.

“And Kalissa means ‘sun.’ I believe that this name fits you perfectly,” John told Celestia as he looked at her. He grinned that lopsided grin she had fallen in love with. Celestia smiled back at him, full of joy. She closed my eyes and raised her face to the sun. So this is what it feels like to be normal, the sun princess thought.

“I love it,” Luna and Celestia said at the same time. Celestia looked at her sister. She had tears in her eyes. Celestia wondered if they were tears of joy or sadness. She looked at John.

“Thank you, John,” Celestia thanked him. She stood on my tiptoes and pecked his cheek with a kiss. At that moment, the sun seemed to get a bit brighter.

Author's Note:

No one, not even me, knows how the Sky Princesses met their husbands. You are the reader. You decide. Shoot me a comment if you have a theory on how they all met.