• Published 6th Feb 2016
  • 10,994 Views, 459 Comments

The Dragon King of Equestria - Ausbrony



In a world filled with monsters and cities hiding behind magical barriers, a powerful entity awakes from a thousand year slumber. And the first thing he does? Give three little fillies unfathomable magical power!

  • ...
52
 459
 10,994

Chapter One

Celestia sighed as her horn powered down. She had been casting almost non-stop since they arrived at the castle and even the powerful alicorn was beginning to feel a little drained.

“Well?” Luna asked, staring at the small drake. “Is it truly him?”

“Seems to be,” Celestia nodded. “Everything points to this being Bahamut, but his magic is almost non-existent. Even a weak unicorn foal could out-cast him now.”

“Well isn’t that just the fucking bees knees!” Bahamut frowned. “And quit talking like I’m not in the room. It’s rude and annoying!”

“You are hardly one to comment on our etiquette demon!” Luna turned and snapped at him. “Be grateful we haven’t obliterated you yet!”

“Oh? So go ahead then,” Bahamut said with a sharklike grin. “Come on Moonbutt. I fucking dare you!”

“Gladly!” The princess roared as her horn flared to life, only to be stopped by Celestia putting a hoof against her chest. “Sister? Do not try to stop us!”

“I can and will,” Celestia said. “If you kill him—”

“Yup,” Bahamut smirked widely and finished her sentence. “I’m connected to the little purple pony.”

“What does that even mean?” Luna spat and the dragon chuckled.

“Good to see you’re as bright as a sack of moonrocks!” Bahamut doubled over and laughed. Luna growled and fired up her horn again, only to have Celestia stop her.

“Luna, they share some kind of… soul bond. If you kill him, you kill young Twilight Sparkle as well.”

Luna paused and looked at her sister, her incredulous expression caused Bahamut to laugh again.

“It’s true,” Celestia nodded. “I do not know the details, but somehow, Twilight was able to not only release Bahamut from his seal, but command his power.”

“No-one commanded me,” Bahamut replied, his joyful demeanor gone. “I did as I wanted, for the first time…”

“Discord,” Luna spoke and Bahamut clapped his hands.

“Well, look who brushed the moondust out of her head,” he said. “Yes, for the very first time, my mind is my own. A thousand years is a long time to ponder the meaning of a great many things. You’d be surprised what I have remembered… and what I have learned.”

“You were conscious?” Celestia asked and Bahamut gave a sharp, barking laugh.

“You bet your sweet flanks I have been,” he replied. “I have heard every single word in this castle ever since we moved here. I like this place… and I miss Starswirl. He was delightfully snarky.”

“That he was,” Celestia chuckled, before catching herself and coughing daintily.

“And now she’s making friends with it,” Luna muttered and sighed. “Honestly, can’t we just seal him up again and pretend he doesn’t exist?”

“Ouch, that really hurts my feelings Moonie,” Bahamut clutched at his chest and groaned. “I thought we were the bestest of friends now.”

“Sister, if I can’t kill him, can I at least maim him a little?” Luna pleaded, but Celestia shook her head, causing the lunar mare to scoff and pout.

“So, how long do you intend to keep one of my students hostage?” Celestia asked, her stony expression didn’t faze Bahamut all that much though.

“Who knows,” the small dragon shrugged. “I mean, there are several outcomes to all of this.”

He took Celestia’s raised eyebrow as a sign to continue.

“Well for one. I could simply wait until enough of my strength naturally returns, siphon the rest from the cute little unicorn and retake my former glory,” he said, holding up one claw.

Luna’s horn shone dangerously. “We are considering that the needs of the many outweigh the few. I will be despised for it, but if I must sacrifice one unicorn for the sake of Equestria—”

“And that’s why I like you Moonshine. Always there to make the tough calls when Tia can’t. Heck, remember when Sombra attacked Equestria? Invoking a little Dark Magic yourself?”

“Do. Not. Speak of it!” Luna’s magic grew brighter, but Bahamut raised his claws in surrender.

“Hey now, don’t get me wrong. I was really proud that you fought it and returned to your little Loonie self. You’re much more fun that Angstmare Moon.”

Luna’s eye twitched as the glow died down a little. “...And enough of those bloody nicknames!”

Bahamut chuckled and looked at Celestia. “Isn’t she just the cutest when she’s all mad like that?”

Celestia had to admit. Luna really was adorable when she was angry. But still…

“And the second?” she asked, remembering Bahamut’s words.

“And that’s why you’re the big mare in charge,” Bahamut smiled. “The second. Is that I’ve only been up and about for an hour now. But as I’ve said, I’ve heard everything that goes on around here. And I know that ever since I showed up, Equestria has had something of a little monster problem.”

“So, is that your fault then?” Luna spat and Bahamut turned to face her.

“Yes.”

That… That honestly threw the sisters for a loop. They’d expected a rebuttal, but an admission of guilt like that?

“Explain,” Celestia said.

Bahamut sighed, he was still feeling tired after that filly sealed his power. Note to self, find out how the hell she did that. “I, when Discord called me. I don’t know what happened. I have thought about that day for a thousand years, and yet I can’t remember a thing before being sealed away, aside from who I used to be.”

“‘Used to be’?” Celestia echoed.

“Not important. But when I arrived… something changed. Equestria was set down a path it wasn’t supposed to take.”

“You mean, time was altered?” Luna spoke up this time.

“More like fate itself,” Bahamut said. “I do not know how Equestria was supposed to end up. But when I appeared, these monsters did as well.”

“So,” Luna said as her horn shone once more. “Does that mean if we destroy you, the monsters will vanish as well?”

“Maybe,” Bahamut sighed, causing the sisters to falter again. “But then again, they have been a part of Equestria’s eco system for a millenia. You may end up destroying Equestria as you know it. Maybe the monsters will vanish. Maybe only I and the filly will die, and you will be left without any hope at all.”

“Hope?” Luna stepped forward and lifted the tiny dragon with her magic and slammed him into the floor. “You think you’re hope!?”

“No,” Bahamut wheezed. That had hurt a little. “But those three fillies I gave power to? They are!”

Celestia put a hoof on Luna’s shoulder and shook her head. “Lulu. Go and check on those three please? I want to talk with him alone.”

Luna frowned and cast a small spell. “I will still hear everything in this room,” she said, before turning heel and walking out. Bahamut waited until the door closed and counted down from five.

“Moonlight has a pretty nice flank huh?”

He snickered when he heard a surprised shout and vase break from out in the hall.

“That was mean,” Celestia said, a faint smile tugging at her lips. “I want to ask. Why those three? Why give them strange powers. And how?”

“Well, in order then,” the dragon replied as he sat down. “One. The little purple one was able to hear me. I don’t know how. I have a lot of questions about her, and yet, I feel as though it will be a long time before I get answers. Two, the others just happened to be with her. I felt… something from them. I can’t explain it really.” Bahamut sighed as he rocked back and forth. “I’m going to level with you Tia. My powers are coming mostly from instinct right now. My memories are… scrambled, from whatever Discord did, or perhaps even before that. So I don’t know how I did it, only that I can.”

“So then, could you give them to anypony?” she asked, laying down on the rug.

“Maybe, but I won’t. This power could be misused. Greatly. And for some reason… I trust those three. They’re young, but that just means they have time to train. And…” He paused and wondered how best to word this. “There is one more I’d like to have along with them.”

“Oh?”

“You know her quite well… but seeing as how she’s off doing her own sort of training…”

“You mean…” Celestia’s eyes widened and Bahamut smiled.

“There must be at least Four. I don’t know why, but that’s how it must be.” Bahamut stretched his arms and sighed. “Your wayward niece will be their partner.”

“Cadence…” Celestia’s thoughts drifted to the mare and the reasonings behind her current sabbatical. “I’m going to have to disagree with you.”

Bahamut just shrugged and looked out a nearby window. It had been a long time since he’d seen the sky… or anything for that matter. “We’ll see…” he simply replied. “Now, I think I should speak with those filly’s, before the orange one learns how to burn things-”

There was another shout, before a maid practically bucked the door in.

“Princess! There’s a fire in the gardens!!”

“Called it,” Bahamut smirked as Celestia just groaned and shook her head.


It had a while since that strange monster had been defeated by the big dragon that Twilight somehow summoned. Once the purple unicorn awoke, the three new friends decided to get some fresh air in the gardens.

“So… how long do you think the princesses will be with that dragon?” Moondancer asked them as she looked at some flowers.

“Beats me,” Sunset shrugged. She was pacing around in a small circle as a multitude of thoughts ran through her mind. The foremost being the strange magicks conferred upon them. And more so, how could she make them more powerful.

Twilight was still feeling a little spaced out, and then suddenly winced a little as she felt some minor pain, like she’d just fallen out of bed with the gravity doubled. This didn’t go unnoticed by Moondancer, the filly running over to Twilight.

“Hey, you feeling okay?” she asked, placing a hoof on her withers. Her horn shone as Twilight’s body begun to glow with an emerald hue and she felt her pain vanish as the light soon faded.

“Wow, that magic is really something” the purple filly smiled. “Thanks Moondancer.”

“How can you use it so easily?” Sunset said, her tone hinting at jealousy. “I can barely get off a few sparks of it, yet my Unicorn magic is just fine.”

“I don’t know what to say,” Moondancer blushed and shied away from the fiery filly. “I just wanted to help Twilight…”

“Perhaps emotion is a factor,” Twilight said, already taking a book from her bag to write down notes. “Or maybe yours and my abilities need vocal incantations?”

“Why don’t we just ask that dragon?” Sunset frowned as she gave up for now. “He’s the one that gave us these powers. he should be able to tell us how to use them as well right?”

“I’d thought about that,” Twilight sighed as she lay down on the grass. “But he’s with the Princesses right now. And they looked pretty mad…”

“Yeah, I didn’t think Princess Celestia even got angry,” Moondancer added, then shivered a little. “Princess Luna’s pretty scary though.”

“No way,” Sunset scoffed. “Princess Luna’s totally cool, and awesome!”

“They’re the same thing,” Twilight giggled as Sunset shook her head.

“Nuh uh! They’re totally different. It’s cause you're not cool Sparkle. You wouldn’t understand.” Sunset crossed her front hooves as she stared up at the sky. “So uh… what do you think will happen with us now? Is one of us still going to become the Princesses protégé?”

The other two fell silent. In all the excitement that had passed, they hadn’t thought about that.

“Uhh, you don’t think she’s gonna be mad at us as well?” Moondancer asked hesitantly. “I mean… we did kinda run out there like that.”

The other two fillies fell silent. They only wanted to help ponies, but if they made the princesses angry…

“Y-Yeah, well, it’s all that stupid dragon’s fault!” Sunset stomped a hoof and frowned. “We wouldn’t be in this mess if it wasn’t for him. We wouldn’t have some freaky magic to work out. We wouldn’t be in trouble with the Princesses and one of us would have been their student!!”

“Well, aren’t you quick to blame everyone else for your problems, trite as they may be.” The new voice caused the filly’s the squeal in surprise as they turned around. Princess Celestia stood there, along with the diminutive form of Bahamut. The dragon smirked and folded his arms.

“Yes, I gave you three powers that nopony else has, so yes, your current predicament is my fault. But I believe a certain filly sealing away my powers and leaving me weaker than you lot is fair payment.”

Twilight’s face was flushed with embarrassment as she rubbed one foreleg with the other.

“And you are not in trouble,” Celestia said with a soft smile. “While it was extremely foolish to run off into that situation. You could have been hurt, or worse! But a lot more ponies went uninjured, because of the actions you three took. For that, I am most grateful.”

“W-Wow… the Princess thanked us,” Moondancer whispered to the other two.

“That said,” Celestia continued. “There is still the matter of selecting an apprentice…”

“Wait, you still want to do that?” Twilight blurted out as Sunset rolled her eyes and nudged her shoulder.

“Yes, somehow a monster got inside the Barrier. But it will not disrupt our way of life,” Celestia said. “And so it is decided that Luna and I shall instruct…”

The three fillies leant forward.

“That our decision is…”

Their ears perked up as they leaned closer…

“Our student will be…”

“Get on with it!” Bahamut yelled as the three fillies faceplanted out of shock.

Celestia giggled and lifted them up with her magic. “All three of you shall be taught.”

“All…” Twilight started.

“Three…” Moondancer added.

“Seriously?” Sunset said, ruining the train of thought.

“You three have such amazing potential, even before Bahamut intervened the way he did, this was the decision that Luna and I had come to.” Celestia knelt down so she could look them in the eye. “Honestly, each year we see so much potential in our students, but only select one. So… why not change that up a bit hmm? I’m pretty sure we could handle a few more students.”

“Famous last words,” Bahamut muttered under his breath. He looked at the cutie marks of the three and groaned.

“So we have Sunbutt Jr., Moonbutt Jr., and Starswirl Jr. Oh joy…”

“That is not the reason!” Celestia admonished him.

“Never said it was,” Bahamut smirked and narrowed his eyes. “You just did~”

Celestia just snorted and rolled her eyes. “Well, the last few days have been quite hectic. I shall arrange some Guards to escort you three home. Your studies will start next week, so feel free to spend the time with your friends and family. You’ll be getting rather busy in the future.”

“Yes Princess Celestia!” they echoed.

“Oh, and Twilight Sparkle?” Celestia turned her attention towards the purple filly.

“Y-Yes princess?” she asked in a timid tone. She wasn’t used to being the centre of attention like this.

“As you were the one that released, and sealed Bahamut here…” She nudged the dragon over to her and smiled. “I shall deem it your responsibility to look after him.”

“WHAT!?” Both Bahamut and Twilight echoed as they stared at one another.

“As it stands right now, Bahamut is quite harmless,” Celestia said, that enigmatic grin still plastered on her face. “He cannot hurt you without injuring himself. And after our talk, I feel as though we have misunderstood a great deal about one another. However…” Her horn shone and Bahamut was enveloped in a golden glow. “A little spell, that will allow me to listen in should I desire. And teleport Bahamut to his chamber if the need arises.”

“A bloody breach of privacy is what it is,” Bahamut muttered. “Well, whatever. At least Starswirl here looks like she could be amusing to hang around. At least until she returns my power.”

“Ah, that’s the other thing,” Celestia said. “Twilight Sparkle. Until Luna and I deem it safe. Under no circumstances are you to release even a single iota of Bahamut’s power.”

“AW WHAT!?” Bahamut yelled and glared at the mare. “What makes you think—”

“Yes Princess,” Twilight nodded as the dragon turned his glare on her.

“Oh aren’t you just the obedient little puppy Starswirl? Who’s a good little girl, yes you are~”

“I am not a puppy! And my name is Twilight Sparkle. TWI-LIGHT!”

“Whatever, Twibright Sparkleswirl.”

“GAH!” Twilight groaned.

“Princess, although this is hilarious, is it a good idea to leave those two alone?” Sunset asked.

“Worry not Miss Shimmer, I believe this is the correct course to take. After all, you will require Bahamut’s help in understanding your new magic.” Celestia reached over and ruffled her mane. “Now, you three head home. Luna and I shall await your arrival next week alright?”

“Yes Princess,” Moondancer and Sunset said. Twilight and Bahamut were too busy glaring at one another to answer.


During the ride home, Twilight and Bahamut opted not to talk to one another. The carriage ride was so silent, you could hear the small squeaks of the axle, the clicking of the wheels against the cobblestone…

For Twilight, all she needed was a book and this would be perfect- Oh! She opened up her saddlebag and pulled one out. Ahh, so much better~

For Bahamut, this was like being sealed up all over again.

“Starswirl, hey, Starswirl?” he poked at the filly as she tried her best to ignore him. The increasing depth of her frown and flicking ear said she could hear him just fine though.

“My. Name. Is. TWILIGHT!” She finally yelled at him, throwing her book at his head. They both groaned in pain when it connected.

“Yeah, well then stop reminding me of Starswirl,” he muttered and rubbed his head. “You are seriously so much like him it’s scary.”

“And how would you know?” she said. “Haven’t you been sealed up for like—” she waved her hooves around. “—a million years?”

“A thousand, but let’s not get technical…” Bahamut would eventually come to learn that one must always be technical around Twilight Sparkle. “And yes, I was sealed away. But I could still hear and see everything within the castle.”

“How?” Twilight asked, setting her book down. “What kind of state did the seal leave you in? You didn’t appear to have a physical body…”

“No, the Elements destroyed those. I wasn’t quite as lucky as Discord there. He was just sealed in stone, I was obliterated and contained to an astral form.” Bahamut frowned and stared at his claws. “In hindsight, when you unsealed me… I probably could have become any form I desired. But after spending a thousand years thinking I was Bahamut, I guess the idea stuck.”

Twilight listened and nodded. “Waht! What do you mean think—?”

The carriage pulled to a stop and the door swung open. “Milady Twilight, we have arri-Guh!” The Guard was shoved aside as a mare with a light grey coat and a striped purple and grey mane. She really just looked like an older Twilight Sparkle.

“My little Sparkle-fairy!” she exclaimed as she pulled the filly into a bonecrushing embrace. “I was so worried about you!”

“L-Let… go… gaaaah!” Bahamut rolled around on the floor as he was suffocated along with Twilight.

Velvet set her filly down as kissed her head before looking at the dragon. “What… is that?”

“An annoying, disrespectful little imp!” Twilight exclaimed.

“The most powerful Dragon King in the universe,” Bahamut corrected her.

“I think I’m lost here,” Velvet said flatly as the now-recovered guard handed her a letter. She unfurled it and read over it. “Ah, I see now. Well if it’s a request from Tia, I can’t rightly refuse now can I?” She looked at Bahamut and smiled. “Well then, guess we’ll be putting up with you for a while then. Mr. Imp.”

“Alright, what the hell did Sunflanks write in that letter?” Bahamut asked, making a grab for it. Velvet held it out of reach and looked at Twilight.

“Still, becoming Princess Celestia’s student, I knew you could do it Sparklefairy~”

“Urgh, Moooom! Stop calling me that,” she pouted and folded her legs. “I’m a grown mare now.”

“Aww, but Sparklefairy is such an adowable name~” Bahamut cooed and Twilight threw another book at him, causing them both to yelp.

“Oh dear…” Velvet sighed. This was going to be a looooong weekend.


Bahamut didn’t even resist the urge to facepalm when he saw the filly’s room.

Books. Books everywhere!

All four walls were ceiling high bookshelves, save for the windows, one of which had a writing desk under it. But aside from that, he saw no other furniture.

Which only begged the question…

“Where… do you even sleep?’ he asked. Twilight’s horn glowed as the bottom row of one shelf slid out like a drawer, showing that a bed was hidden inside.

“Of course,” the dragon groaned and looked at her. “You realise you have a problem right? You realise that there’s a magical place called outside where all the other little fillies and colts play? Don’t you have friends, toys? Something?”

“Why?” Twilight asked. “Mom and dad are always busy with work. And my foalsitter just sits on the couch watching TV.”

“You could try playing with kids your own age. Or maybe a brother or sister…”

“I’m an only child,” Twilight said as she put her bed away.

Aaaand now the ‘mighty’ Bahamut felt like an ass.

“Sorry,” he said. “Well… hey. You have friends now right? Tia and Luna Jr. I’m sure they’ll…”

“I don’t need friends.” Twilight said flatly and left the room. Bahamut frowned and scratched his head. Then he smiled and poked his leg with a claw. Now, he had scales that masked the sensation.

Twilight did not.

“Ow!’ she yelped and turned around. “What are you—”

He poked again.

“Ow! Quit it!” she yelled louder.

He just smirked and poked once more. “Make me.”

It wasn’t long before the little unicorn was chasing him through the house, hurling books at him with her magic, then cushions when she ran out of those.

“What on Equus…” Velvet yelped when they tore past the kitchen and blinked. Twilight was… smiling? “Well I’ll be…”

An hour later, both dragon and pony were laying on their backs in the living room, panting heavily from exertion.

“God… damn…” Bahamut wheezed. “Why… am I so… tired…”

“I’m… tired… too…” Twilight retorted. “Stupid imp.”

“Sparklefairy.”

“Gah!” Twilight flung herself at him as the two wrestled, before Velvet stepped in to break them up, holding them in the air with her magic.

“Okay you two, that’s enough,” she scolded them lightly. “Twilight, your father will be home soon. So let’s get you a bath and we’ll go out to eat to celebrate your success.”

“Yes Moooom,” Twilight whined. She hated baths.

“Yes Moooom,” Bahamut echoed, earning a glare from Twilight and a bemused look from Velvet. The mare just shook her head and carried them both upstairs.

“And you as well Bahamut, you haven’t had a bath in a thousand years after all.”

“Eewww,” Twilight giggled and wrinkled her nose.

Bahamut just opened his mouth and exhaled, you could almost see his breath.

“Urgh, and we’re brushing your teeth too,” Velvet gagged. She opened the door with a little more magic and stepped inside.

This room was so… clean. Bahamut could see his reflection in the tiles and everything smelled like lemon or lavender. “Yeesh, someone likes cleaning a little too much.”

“It happens,” Velvet shrugged as she closed the door and set the two down. Reaching over, she turned on the faucet for the bath and filled the sink with some cold water.

“Mom’s a writer,” Twilight explained as she got her toothbrush. “And when she gets stuck or get Writer’s Brick…

“Block dear, Writer’s Block.”

“Ah, well that. Anyway, when she gets stuck, she just starts cleaning. Everything. I once had three baths…”

“And now I know where you get your crazy from,” Bahamut snarked. He yelped when Velvet lifted him with her magic and took a toothbrush.

“This will only hurt for a second,” she said with a gleam in her eyes.

“Brushing hurts?” he blinked before she began her assault on him.

[Scene Redacted for viewer safety]

“That was… that was…” Bahamut rocked back and forth in the corner of the room, wrapped in a fetal position as he glared at the toothbrush he’d just incinerated. Never again could that weapon of evil be used against anyone.

“Mom… that… that was just cruel,” Twilight shuddered, rocking in the opposite corner.

“So melodramatic,” Velvet sighed as she held up a bottle. “Bubbles or no bubbles?” She saw the raised eyebrow of her daughter and chuckled as she poured the mix in. “Of course, bubbles it is.”

Soon, both filly and dragon were seated in the warm water as Velvet worked the shampoo through Twilight’s mane and tail as Bahamut just reclined in the warm water and sighed. It had been far too long and this felt heavenly…

Then some water splashed in his face and he coughed and spluttered. He looked up as Twilight wore the most guilty ‘innocent’ face she could muster, whistling as Velvet rolled her eyes.

Bahamut stared at her for a moment longer, before closing his eyes and leaning back.

*Splash*

Bahamut sat up quickly as he saw Twilight’s hooves ready for another attack.

“Oh… you wanna fight?’ he growled as he mustered what minute power he had as the water started to swirl. “Then, let’s go to war~”

“Twilight! Bahamut! Nooooooo!” Velvet’s cries fell on deaf ears…


Night Light was a simple stallion. An astrologer for the Canterlot Observatory and magitech inventor, he’d just spent the last three days straight investigating how that monster got inside the city. No faults lie with the Barrier, and that beast had been far to big to smuggle in any othr way.

As he lifted his keys to the door, he heard his wife shout from within the house. She sounded… angry.

“Oh boy… I hope the couch is comfy,” he muttered as he turned the key and stepped inside.

He saw a sight… that he could honestly, without a doubt say that he hadn’t seen before.

He saw his wife, Twilight Velvet, soaked to the bone as she held two squabbling somethings in her magic. As the bubbles that encased them flew away, he was greeted with an equally soaked Twilight Sparkle, as well as a little black dragon.

“Uh… do I dare ask?” he finally said as Velvet looked up and sighed.

“No Night, no you do not want to ask as I may just explode.” She set the two down and wrapped them with towels. “Now. Do you two think you could at least dry yourselves while Mommy goes and has a mental breakdown.”

“Sorry Mommy,” Twilight replied with huge puppy-dog eyes.

“In my defense, she started it,” Bahamut waved a hand was he toweled himself. he suddenly withered under velvets gaze. “Heh… b-but of course, I escalated it…”

“Oh boy,” Night Light sighed. “You two be good for a moment. “I’m going to help Mommy and be right back…” Well, maybe a few minutes.

What, Velvet rocked the wet mane look~

He trotted upstairs after her as Twilight rubbed her head with the towel.

“So…” Bahamut asked as he finished. Scales dried so much easier. “Having fun yet?”

“What do you…” Twilight paused as her eyes widened. She… she was having fun.

“Having friends is pretty neat right?”

“You… you tricked me!”

“No, I just showed you that having friends can be fun. And,” he smirked and booped her nose. “It’s not my fault that you're easily tricked Starswirlsparklefariy.”

“Gaaaaah!” Twilight flung her wet towel at him and stomped off, leaving wet hoofprints in the carpet as she did.

Bahamut smiled as he pulled the towel off of him. ‘Okay, note to self. Acting like a kid again is a lot of fun.’


He had no idea what was taking Twilight’s parents so long, but it took a little over a half hour for them to return.

“Moooom, I’m hungry,” Twilight pouted, flopping over the dining table with a low groan. Bahamut was leaning against the doorframe, but his own stomach gave a loud rumble in response.

“Of course, sorry Mommy took so long,” Velvet said as she rubbed her head.

“Though she’d have liked to have taken longer,” Night said as he put the bags he’d left at the door on the table.

Bahamut stumbled and stared with wide eyes. Oh for fucks sake, he did not need to hear that.

“What?” Twilight tilted her head as Velvet cuffed her husband upside the head.

“Daddy says silly things to ensure they won’t happen again for a very long time,” she said in a low tone that just served to confuse Twilight even further.

“Wow, you want a collar to match that doghouse?” Bahamut chuckled, causing both ponies to blush. “Oh yeah, subtle nuances like that? I get them.”

“R-Righto,” Night Light coughed. “Since it’s Twilight’s night. Where would you like to go for dinner little lady?”

“Burger Princess!!” Twilight hollered, throwing her hooves up in the air.

“You don’t want to go somewhere… nicer?” Velvet asked.

“Nope. Burger Princess is totally yummy! And they have Princess Celestia dolls there right now!”

“Of course dear,” Velvet smiled. She fetched her bag and the family headed out, though they noticed Bahamut wasn’t following them.

“Hurry up dear,” Velvet turned around. “We don’t want to be out too late.”

“You… want me to come?” He blinked. “Uh, this is a family thing right? Just go. I’ll stay here and catch up on a thousand years worth of history.”

“Nonsense boy, we’re all family here,” Night said as he picked Bahamut up with his magic.

“Getting real sick of being treated like the family pet,” the dragon groaned as he was levitated.

“Ah, sorry about that. You’re right of course. I should have asked.” The stallion set him down and pat him off. “Righto. Shall we go. Together?”

Bahamut sighed and shook his head. “Well, I’m stuck here thanks to Tia. Might as well make the most of it.”

Twilight giggled as Velvet flagged down a taxi and they climbed aboard. This was gonna be great, like a second birthday all over again.


“Oh my, that is just the most precious thing,” Celestia giggled as she lay on a large plush pillow. She stared into a crystal ball, showing the events playing out half a city away. “First they played chasies, then the bath and now this. I don’t think I’ll survive the cuteness when they come back to the castle.”

She chuckled as an afterthought occurred. “Or Bahamut’s rage if I called him cute~”

A knock on the door jostled her and she turned her head as the ball dimmed. “Enter.”

The heavy door swung open and a guard entered. “Your Highness,” he bowed his head. “We have received a message from the Mountain Temple.”

“Cadenza,” Celestia whispered, before clearing her throat. “Of course. Please relay it now.”

The guard shifted uncomfortably and started to sweat. It was his job to relay messages. Word for word.

But this message…

“It’s alright,” Celestia smiled and nodded her head. “I’m well aware of how Cadenza is. Whatever you say will not be held against you alright.”

“Y-Yes your Highness. Please forgive me…” He cleared his throat and took a deep breath.

‘The fuck do you want now? First you send me to this little shithole, now demand that I come back!? Well, screw you! I’ll come back when I’m good and Tartarus-damned ready you demanding diva bitch…’

“Well now,” Celestia coughed delicately. “Seems the retreat has done her wonders. She’s so much more polite now.” She snorted and looked at the thoroughly embarrassed guard. “Thank you Stargazer. Take the rest of the night off. And expect a small bonus for keeping this between us.”

“Y-Yes your Highness. Thank you your Highness,” he stammered as he closed the door. Once he left, Celestia turned back to her crystal ball.

“I’ll worry about that in a bit. I need to see this~”


Twilight sat patently at the table while Night Light was getting everyone’s orders. Bahamut was just looking around, this place really reminded him of that other restaurant with a royal name. Right down to the 80’s disco theme decorations and design.

And even better? This place catered to Griffons.

That meant one thing.

“Meeeaaaaaaat~” Bahamut drooled slightly as he awited his chicken burger. Due to cows being sapient, they were off the menu. Chicken, fish and other stuff? That was all game~

“Righto, here we are!” Night said as he put the tray down. “For my lovely Velvet, one Prench salad and a side of fries with sparkling soda.” He placed the food in front of her. “One hayburger for me and for the dragon of the house…”

He put the monstrous thing in front of the drake. “Ultra deluxe ‘Humongous Carnivorous’.” This this was huge. It had about six whole chicken breast patties, cheese, bacon, eggs, lettuce, tomato, beetroot, onion and barbeque sauce.

“Ohhhh~” he drooled more, now needing a bucket to collect it all. “Thanks~”

“And for the princess,” Night placed a little plastic tiara on her head. “One Super Deluxe Princess Meal. With toy of course.” Twilight squealed with glee as she reached for the box, only to have it pulled away by Velvet.

“Twilight, eat some of your food first,” she said.

“Ergh… fine,” Twilight grumbled as she ate a single prench fry.

Bahamut was already killing his burger with great vengeance. ‘This. Is. DELICIOUS!!’ he mentally cheered as he powered through it with a pace that had a family of Griffons looking on in awe.

“Heh, one would think you haven’t eaten in a week,” Night Light chuckled as he sat down. Bahamut paused just long enough to raise an eyebrow at the bad joke before resuming his attack on the titan burger.

Twilight’s hunger won out over her internal battle with desire for her toy and had now mowed through her fries and was starting on her burger. She looked at Bahamut and out of curiosity, snagged a small piece of chicken with her magic and ate it.

The entire table suddenly fell silent as they stared at the filly.

“Twilight?” Velvet started.

“Did-Did you just…?” Night added.

Twilight made a few odd faces, before she opened her mouth and let out a window-rattling belch. The Griffons all cheered and thumped their tables as Bahamut couldn’t help it. He doubled over and howled with laughter.

“‘Scuse me?” Twilight blushed as Velvet sighed and dabbed the filly’s mouth with a napkin.

“If you get sick, don’t come crying to me,” she chided her.

“As if you’d turn her away,” Night chuckled, internally cheering for his daughter’s awesome display of stallion-y might.

“Well no… but my point stands,” Velvet said as Bahamut recovered and devoured the rest of his food before the newly omnivorous Twilight Sparkle could steal anymore.

Soon, the little filly was given her toy and she reached into the box, only to pull out a figure of a very pink Celestia.

“Uh… is-is the Princess… supposed to be so... “ Twilight looked at the toy similar to what one would at something stuck to the bottom of their hoof.

“Oh god, I’m so calling her Pinklestia,” Bahamut snorted as Twilight sniffed.

‘Let’s fly to the castle.’ the toy chirped in a tone that sort of sounded like the Princess.

“It just gets better,” Bahamut laughed. “This is the greatest toy ever!”

“It’s… it’s…” Velvet and Night recognised an incoming ‘Twilight-level’ meltdown when they saw it.

“M-Maybe it’s just a defective batch?” Night said quickly and took the toy. “Let daddy go and see if they have another one.” He hurried away as Twilight sipped her soda, her horn sparking on occasion.

And with her new powers, there’s a good chance a dragon god would sprout up in the middle of the eatery. That’d make a fun night for everyone.

Night Light returned a few moments later, and Bahamut could tell his magic reserves were low. He’d been casting a lot in the last few minutes.

“Haah, da-daddy… got one…” he panted as he placed the toy on the table. It was the same Celestia, only now she was the right colour, and her mane glittered in the light. Her shoes and necklace also shone like gold.

“Ohhh, it’s so pretty~” Twilight giggled and hugged her father’s barrel. “Thank you Daddy~”

“Anything for you,” he smiled and rubbed her head. The filly soon excused herself to go to the bathroom and Bahamut smiled as he poked the Mini-Celestia.

“Not too bad,” he said. “That’s some pretty good transmutation magic. You wouldn’t think it was the same ‘Pinklestia’ abomination a few minutes ago.”

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Night blushed and looked away.

“Hey, no worries,” Bahamut shrugged. “Twilight’s your special princess. I get it. You’re pretty cool parents you know. Even if she is a little coddled.”

Night and Velvet shared a smile as Twilight returned, Bahamut laughing at the toilet paper stuck to her hoof.

All in all… a nice evening.


Bahamut lay on the couch, buried in a nest of sheets and blankets as he sighed comfortably. “Ahhh, this is the life. And this is a comfy couch~”

Then he felt something poke his blankety wall. He shuffled around and poked his head out, only to come muzzle and snout with Twilight Sparkle.

“I… wanted to say thanks,” she said after taking a step back out of surprise. “I guess, you aren’t so bad after all.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re alright as well,” Bahamut replied and yawned. “You know, if you really wanna be friends, you could release my power and—”

“No.”

“Damn…” Bahamut shrugged and sighed. “Come on, just a little bit? I hate being so… powerless. I mean, what if someone took your horn away? And said they could give it back, but only if they felt like it? Well, that’s what it’s like for me.”

Twilight closed her eyes and shuddered. She didn’t like ponies touching her horn. “W-Well… I guess. But, even if I could. I don’t know how…”

“Take out that garnet you have,” he said. Twilight reached into her bag and held the blood-red gem in her hooves.

“This thing?”

“Yes, that’s my Magicite and that’s what’s currently holding my power. If you focus on that, you can release it. Maybe… think of it in percentages. Can you do that?”

“Of course I can, I love math!” Twilight nodded and held the gem. “So how much do you have right now?”

Bahamut closed his own eyes. “I’d say… about 6 percent.”

“T-That little?” she gasped.

“Yeah, well it was at zero when you first did it. I’d have died if Celestia didn’t release at least that much to keep me alive.”

“I nearly… I’m, I’m so sorry. Even after you saved us from that monster I—”

“It’s fine, my spirit would have just returned to the Magicite and I would have had to wait until you had enough magic to summon me back in a physical form.” He didn’t even want to know how a filly her age had enough to summon his true form in the first place. Just how powerful was she?

“Okay… I’ll do this,” she said and the gem begun to glow. Bahamut felt himself get a little stronger, at least until his body started to glow gold.

“Twilight Sparkle! What did I tell you?” Celestia’s voice came out of nowhere and Twilight squeaked and scampered away to her bedroom.

“Dammit Tia!” Bahamut yelled. “Come on! I wasn’t asking for all of it…” He groaned and he looked inside himself. Still, twelve percent wasn’t too bad. Some words floated around in his head and he smiled as he held up a claw, three small balls of Fire. Ice and Lightning orbited his hand.

“Level one magic unlocked,” he smiled. “That’s all I ask for.” He looked at the doorway Twilight ran through and closed his eyes.

“Goodnight. Twilight Sparkle.”