• Published 25th Aug 2015
  • 312 Views, 2 Comments

The Mistake. - Changeling-101



Rainbow Dash experiences bad dreams which end with a mistake, something she regrets and would give up anything to change but what if it's too much for the element of Loyalty to handle?

  • ...
 2
 312

Part One: Mistakes.

Rainbow Dash looked around, "Where am i?" She asked, Puzzled before standing up and walking around, trying to figure out where she is. Confused, Rainbow spoke outwardly, "Hello Anypony?", A metallic clang is heard, Rainbow looks around for the noise, it happened again, but louder. She began to panic, "Who's there? Show yourself", The sound became even loud, and she jumped to the side as something crashed right next to her.



She looked to where the sound had came from and she saw a gleaming blade with a colorful handle and a purple tail attached to it, "I didn't see you there Dash. Sorry I scared you!", The voice was soft and apologetic. Rainbow recognised the voice almost instantly, but still asked in a puzzled tone, "Twilight?", The lavender pony stepped out of the shadows, speaking in a more confident tone now, "Hello Dash"



The cyan pony looked at twilight, who looks like she hasn't slept in days. "Umm... Twilight?! Do you know where we are?", She tried so hard to sound calm, but her voice was crackling from the Scare burrowed in to her voice. Twilight shook her head, well, Dash thought she did, Twilight began walking towards the knife, but Dash didn't pay any attention, she was too busy looking for a way out of their predicament.



The sound of metal scraping against the ground is heard, Dash quickly turned back to where the noise came from, and saw twilight holding the knife, Dash asked in a worried tone, "Uhh... Twilight? Could you put that down... Your umm... freaking me out a little!", Twilight didn't say anything at all and started to walk towards the cyan pony, "Twilight?" Dash Squeaked out. Dash didn't need a second before Twilight was standing right in front of her, Twilight thrusted the forward with the knife.



Dash moved out of the way and bucked towards her, Twilight was caught off guard and was knocked down. A snap bellowed throughout the room coming from twilight, There was silence after that but it was shortly broken by a scream coming from Twilight Dash opened her eyes and saw a crying twilight on the ground, Fluttershy was picking her up. "What happened?", asked the cyan pony, confused.



Rainbow got knocked over by something hard, "Why did ya' do it, Dash?!" screamed Applejack, who was sitting on top of Rainbow, Angry. Dash looked over at twilight, her face was covered in blood, Fluttershy slowly dragged Twilight out of the room, "I'll take her to the hospital...", Said Fluttershy. Applejack got off Rainbow and walked over to the two ponies. "I want to help?" Dash called out walking to the others.
AJ's answer was to buck Rainbow in the stomach which sent her rolling over and she hit her head on the wall, The 2 ponies carried the hurt Lavender pony out. Dash started to tear up from the pain, but then the realisation then hit her, She tried holding back the tears but she failed. She hurt twilight, her friend.



"But it was an accident", Dash started saying to herself, "An accident", she repeated a couple more times, she looked around and she saw a horrible sight, "oh my... What have i done?", she got up and picked up the object, "Twilight's horn.....", then she stared at it in shock, before dropping the horn and flying out off into the sky, Rainbow didn't know where she was flying to, she didn't even care. "I'm sorry twilight I really am...", she closed her eyes in an attempt to hold back more tears.



Pinkie Pie was walking through ponyville doing what Pinkie Pie normally does, begin happy and cheerful. Pinkie looked up she saw a rainbow line pass through the sky, She clapped looking on as her friend flew through the sky. Then Pinkie stopped clapping. Her smile fell and her eyes widened in shock, awe and fear. The Pink pony watched as her friend fell closer and closer to the ground, She started to sprint towards where rainbow was falling to, Pinkie saw where the rainbow line ended.



Pinkie's eyes widened when she saw her friend laying in a pile of broken wood and glass, "Dashie!" Pinkie called out and went to run up to her friend she reached out but stopped. She looked at the cyan ponies leg and covered her mouth not from shock but to stop herself from being sick. A bone was sticking out of rainbows left back leg, Pinkie couldn't hold her tears anymore, She got up and ran to go get help.



Moments later Pinkie returned to her friend with a Blue pony, "There she is" Pinkie said, the blue pony walked up to Dash, "We need to get her to the hospital as soon as we can, she is losing a lot of blood" the blue pony said in a caring tone. Pinkie couldn't talk she could barely look at her friend, the blue pony took out a blanket and slowly put Rainbow on it as gently as she could, "Pinkie please help", Pinkie looked over and nodded, they both grabbed two corners each and slowly brought Rainbow to the hospital.



Pinkie didn't want to look at her friend like this but was forced to, they arrived at the hospital as soon as they could and slowly put Dash on the ground and grabbed a Doctor, "Please help, we have a very hurt Pegasus here..." The blue pony yelled, the doctor looked at Rainbow lying in the makeshift Hammock, He then ran to some other doctors and they rushed back and picked up Rainbow, "She needs to go to the ER fast" one doctor said as they carried off Rainbow through a door, Pinkie followed but was stopped by a nurse, "you cant go in there" said the nurse, "But I'm her friend!" Pinkie cried out, "I'm sorry but your going to have to stay out here in the waiting area" the nurse said in a sad tone, Pinkie gave up and sat on a chair not taking her eyes off the door.



AJ walked out of a room and saw Pinkie, she walked up to her, "So you erd' too, sugar?", she said sitting next to Pinkie, "Why did it happen!" pinkie demanded, AJ was about to tell her but was cut off, "Why didn't she pull up!" Pinkie covered her face sobbing, AJ was now confused, "Who are ya' talkin bout hon?" she asked, Pinkie Pie stood up angry, "Rainbow Dash that's who!", She screamed still covering her face, AJ stood up, She has never saw Pinkie this sad, "What happened?" asked AJ.



"I don't know, she was flying and then she just started falling...", Pinkie stopped speaking for a moment as she cried harder, then continued, "She didn't even open her wings.....she didn't even try to stop" Pinkie pie continued to cry. AJ backed away from Pinkie. "S.....s.....she?" asked AJ, Clearly worried, "She didn't do it on purpose i just know something must of happened" Pinkie told herself. AJ couldn't speak, Pinkie got up and went in to the ER, AJ Followed very closely.



The nurse tried to stop Pinkie, but knew no matter what she said or did the two ponies were going to get in. Pinkie pie watched as the nurse stepped out of the way and she opened the door. Various hospital equipment in the room bleeped and buzzed, everything was frantic the doctors were running around, The noise was ear splitting. "Were losing her!" one doctor yelled as the heart monitor flatlined, with a long audible beep that continued. The two ponies looked at the pony in the middle of the room, She didn't have her rainbow mane anymore it was stained red, a tube was in her mouth, Pinkie and Apple felt sick.



"What are they doing in here?! GET THEM OUT OF HERE! NOW!!!" a doctor yelled as he saw the two ponies, Another doctor grabbed Pinkie and Applejack and pushed them out of the room."Quick the Defibrillator paddles" A doctor demanded, "Charged" another answered, "CLEAR" was uttered, followed by the buzzing sound of the Defribblator as it shot electricity in to Rainbow, there was silence from everypony.
The heart monitor continues to flatline, "Try Again!!!!" says a one of the doctors, Pinkie and AJ couldn't hear anything else they were back in the waiting room, "Rainbow.......", AJ and Pinkie said in union.They watched as two more doctors ran into the ER. AJ put her hooves around pinkie and hugged tightly, "She's ganna' be fine sugar.... don't ya' worry!", AJ tried to sound reassuring but her voice cracked.



Pinkie hugged back and buried her face in Apples shoulder crying, they sat down still holding each other, a nurse walked out of the room, AJ and Pinkie both looked at her, the nurse was quiet and walked off without a word, "No..." Pinkie said, AJ thought the same thing. the two didn't say anything or even move, they just looked at the door, waiting for Rainbow Dash to walk out, But she didn't. they knew in there minds that there friend was gone...



-=]TO BE CONTINUED[=-