• Published 22nd Aug 2015
  • 325 Views, 3 Comments

An Unknown Savior - FlyboyMuffins



All hope was lost. All of Equestria's heroes were defeated. The royal guard was being overwhelmed by the weight of the changelings.... Thus ends the reign of Celestia, and starts the changeling rule. In a small corner of Canterlot, the last of the Gu

  • ...
 3
 325

A strange arrival

"Keep them back! For Celestia!"

Their officer was attempting to rally his troops, but they kept losing ground. Suddenly, a strange portal opened nearby, causing both parties to spin and look to assess this new arrival.

Out emerged a strange pony. The pony had a light brown coat, gold rimmed sunglasses, and a cutie mark resembling a nuclear fallout symbol. Looking harder, and as the light faded, they saw it was a unicorn. The strange pony instantly assessed the situation, and threw off his cloak, previously hiding a metal hoof, seemingly made of scrap parts, but still well built. The pony took a few seconds to regain his balance, almost seeming to not be used to having four legs, but the imbalance didn't last. Looking at the changelings, then to the Guard, he came to a decision.

"Changelings, huh? Come on then, come fight a Quin."

Then, picking up a spear from a fallen Guard, he charged the changelings. The changelings, not expecting the attack, quickly responded in kind. The Guard, now seeing their enemy was flanked and distracted, formed a wedge and galloped into the fray. However, the changelings still heavily outnumbered them, and they were pushed back into a defensive circle. However, with strength in their hearts, for every one of them that fell, 10 changelings fell as well. But the changelings still outnumbered them, and some had infiltrated the line. The strange pony decided to play his trump card.

Stepping out of line for a second, he pulled off his pack, and pulled out an assortment of items. Then, concentrating on his horn, he was engulfed in a bright green light, darker however than that of the changelings. He started to morph into a creature that was taller, much taller. After fully transforming, he was wearing full clothing: a leather jacket and a white shirt, jeans and fighting military boots.

"That's better," the human said. "Now I can do what I came to do."

Only few noticed, the rest fighting for their lives. Walking over to the components on the ground, the pony, now a tall human, quickly pieced them together, leaving him with a shotgun and two pistols. Quickly loading them, he rejoined the battle line, where everyone finally noticed him.

"Cool trick, Quin! How'd you pull it off?" Looking over, Quin saw a Guard marvelling at him.

"You'd be surprised at what I can do. Now, I've got some changelings to kill."

"Ditto." They jumped back into the battle line, but this time Quin blasting 2, 3, even 5 changelings into oblivion using his shotgun at a time. The changelings, trying to adapt to this new creature, could only change into his pony form, and missing their front left leg. Quin, smiling, led a charge until the guard was free to do as they wished, and the changelings began to flee. Their commander walked up to Quin, saying, "You did well back there. What's your name?"

"John. John Quin."

"Well, John, what's your plan?"

"You all protect as many civilians as you can."

"What about you?"

"I'm going to rush the castle."

"On your own?" the Guard exclaimed, "That's suicide! Take my men with you."

"No, you need them with you. I'll be fine. Trust me."

"Fine. Until we meet again."

"Ditto."

John started his walk towards the castle, and the Guard reorganized and went to gather more remnants. John transformed back into a pony, and snuck his way into the castle. Upon arriving, he transformed into his human form.

Author's Note:

Well, here's my first chapter. I'd love input, and I want to know if anyone's interested in more. Feel free to leave comments, questions, suggestions, and criticism.