• Published 19th Aug 2015
  • 550 Views, 11 Comments

Velvet Temptation - T W Hoof



Beware the temptations lest they lead you astray. For one mare that might not be enough.

  • ...
1
 11
 550

The Smoothest Escape

I felt sticky, then I finished peeling myself off the floor and admitted I might be passed such base denials. Looking around the room and squinting I could almost imagine I was outside under the stars with all the tiny specs of white frosting covering every visible surface. Actually now that I looked again, even the underside of the table hadn't been spared. I would have to do something nice for the night staff. First, though I had to get out of here without any of the troupe seeing my crime.

Stepping up to the door I concentrated, trying to make out any sounds and promptly realized my ears were more sugar than flesh. Sugar ears, might be an idea for the shop but that was neither ear nor there for now. After a minute of spinning in circles trying to reach the delicious vanilla bliss with my tongue, I sadly resorted to a few shakes of the head adding a new constellation to the wall. With my new and improved bat-like hearing, I immediately heard giggling further down the hall headed this way.

With no time to lose, I bolted out the door heading for the side entrance before I could be spotted. I made it to the door with plenty of time to spare and promptly slammed right into leaving a mouth watering Velvet shaped outline on it. Of course, the night crew would pick this evening to lock up early. My only chance was to get back to my room and wait to be the last one to leave. Turns out that wasn't in the cards either as a soft cantering was approaching from the rear.

Ponies before me, ponies behind, all while my secret shame was on display for all to see. This called for drastic measures, this called for a level of flexibility and strength that would make a grown stallion swoon or run away screaming. One bounce, two bounces, and away I went kicking left then right then left again until I was positioned above the hall in a double splits.

Okay, Velvet, this isn't too bad, all I have to do is hold this incredibly revealing position above the heads of who knows how many ponies while they passed below, all while covered with sugary bliss. I tensed up as Gentle Breeze stopped right below me with three other mares. They were having a heated discussion about leg wraps of all things but all I could focus on was a blob of frosting beginning to droop from my body. I held my breath as it ever so slowly detached from my coat and fell beside Golden Aurora. Gentle Breeze abruptly stopped talking looked down at the splatter on the floor and asked the girls in an incredulous tone if they smelled vanilla.

Panicking I squeezed my way into the nearby duct work flailing my hind legs as I pulled myself in. Luckily the large amount of frosting I was covered with acted as an excellent lubricant. Score one for Velvet!

"Was that..." is all I could make out as I made my way to safety leaving the stunned mares behind.

Wriggling my way forward provided a master class in the use of leverage and flexibility. Every time I thought the game was up my good friends sugar and vanilla had my back, chest, legs, my everywhere, everywhere. Ugh, when I got home I was going to soak in the tub for a week.

Upon reaching the roof I was so exhausted I closed my eyes and seriously considered just laying down and sleeping, but decided I didn't fancy being caramelized by the morning sun. I wearily got back to my hooves only sticking to the roof twice before standing.

Okay Velvet, all you have to do is get home without being seen.

I opened my ey-, nope, they aren't opening.

"Oh no, oh no, oh no no no no"

Don't panic.

I panicked.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

After a few minutes when I definitely wasn't trying with all my might to pry my eyelids open and certainly wasn't spinning around in circles faster than mama Sunbeams candy mixer I stopped. Deep breaths. Just because you aren't in costume Velvet doesn't mean you can't still do it. I sat down and relaxed becoming one with the sugar which wasn't that difficult at this point.

My nostrils flared as I sampled the night air, and I knew. Two blocks west of me was the old hayburger joint they used too much garlic in their fries. Straight ahead was the Berry Bar, Home of Everything Juice. Behind me was...best not to say, but I knew.

I took off at a gallop hurtling myself through the crisp night air. One roof, two roofs, three, and I smelled the familiar scent of Sunridge Sweets to my right. I leapt across the empty space soaring over what must have been at least one pony judging by the gasps I heard below. Touching down I didn't pause for a moment.

"I know you had something to do with this mom", I yelled as I raced over the roof.

A few buildings later I came down right in front of my condo. I carefully made my way up the stairs leaving a tasty trail marking my progress. Once I reach the door I pathetically pawed at it before cautiously calling out.

"Crystal, Crystal, I'm in a bit of a sticky situation"

The door swung open and as I walked in Crystal ever so sweetly told me to go hop in the waiting bath. Just before I got in the bathroom I paused. By the spotted stars of the sugar nebula, how did she know?

As I was shoved through the door toward the steaming waters Crystal giggled, "Now Ms Red Velvet Cupcakes we've both been covered with frosting".

Author's Note:

I can neither confirm nor deneigh who I am.