• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 1,999 Views, 72 Comments

The New Adventures of Sonata Dusk - The Forgotten Siren



Sonata Dusk and Pinkie Pie live together as just friends. That is until feeling start to grow.

  • ...
7
 72
 1,999

Time for Work Pinkie pie

Author's Note:

Ok this chapter is pretty "real" but at the same time still sweet. I am not gay, so I don't understand what the LGBT community goes through as teens and kids. I can only guess the pain and suffering. I didn't really want to make this chapter because I wanted this entire series to be sweet and happy, but in fairness I believe I should put some "realness" in it. I hope I hope I portrayed the emotion right. Granted, I did rush because I didn't want the entire series to revolve around this right here.

And to my LGBT followers, don't give up hope, you were meant to be loved regardless of what anyone says.

Monday morning had rolled around and Pinkie Pie walked through the door, getting ready for work. The pink girl had a lot on her mind all weekend about her and Sonata's relationship. Ever since her friends asked about her feelings toward the blue siren, she hadn’t stop thinking about it. However, she did not want to worry Sonata and instead just acted as if nothing was wrong. They still held hands and took baths together as always, but when it was time to sleep, Pinkie would stay up and watch Sonata drift into slumber. She would smile at how cute her friend was sleeping, but a tear also escaped her eye. Pinkie's heart was confused and wanted an answer. Pinkie was told by her parents that homosexuality was an evil act and was no better than killing a baby. She knew Adagio and Sunset were lesbian, but she didn't really see them as evil and thought maybe they weren't affected by it or something. Pinkie didn’t have a full understanding on just why and how such an act was considered evil. Pinkie sighed as Mr. and Ms. Cake came in and greeted her. "Good morning Pinkie Pie." Ms. Cake said as she smiled.

"Morning." Pinkie said with a sad tone in her voice.

Both Mr. and Ms. Cake looked at each other with a concern look on their faces. "Is everything ok Pinkie?" Mr. Cake asked.

"No.." Pinkie responded. She knew she couldn't lie to the cakes. They had known her for years and could tell if something was the matter.

"Aw what's wrong dearie?" Ms. Cake asked.

Pinkie looked up at her and sighed. "Well.. what is love?" Pinkie asked innocently. "I mean, my friends tell me that it’s a sweet wonderful feeling and that it gives you butterflies in your stomach and you never ever want to be apart from that person way to long because you will miss them so much and I'm scared because I might love someone, but...I don' know if I can love her."

The cakes looked at her with a sympathetic expression on their faces as they caught the hint when she said "her." They walked toward the sad pink girl and smiled. "Pinkie, Love knows no gender, love is as pure as a mountain spring." Mr. Cakes told her.

"Who you love dearie, is up to you and your heart." Ms. Cake added. "Nobody can take that away from you. You should not be ashamed of who you love. It doesn't matter if they are the same gender or not, your heart belongs to the one You and you alone love."

Pinkie looked at the cakes with tears in her eyes. "Really?" Pinkie sniffed. "You mean, I'm not a bad person?"

“No sweetie, loving someone doesn't make you a bad person." Mr. Cake replied. "It makes you a good person to love someone for who they are, not what they are. Gender means nothing."

Pinkie started crying as she hugged both the Cakes tightly. "Thank you."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 3:00 and Pinkie had two hours left till she went home. She felt much better after the pep talk with the Cakes. But the only issue was, if she was gay, how would her parents react to the news. As she pondered the question, the door rang as two customers came in. It was Lyra and Bon Bon. They were holding hands and smiled as they walked to the counter. "Hi, welcome to sugarcube Corner, would you like to try are double chocolate cupcakes? They are only limited time and $3.99." She smiled.

"Oh no thanks." Bon Bon responded with a smile. "We are hoping to get a cake?"

"Oh we have tons of those." Pinkie said hyperly. "We got, chocolate, coconut, lemon, strawberry, German chocolate-" She trailed on.

"We are hoping for a wedding cake please." Lyra said.

"Oh, who’s getting married?" Pinkie asked.

"We are!" Both Bon Bon and Lyra said as they held up their engagement rings for Pinkie to see.

"Oh my gosh, you guys are lesbians?" Pinkie asked with great shock. "I always thought you were good friends?"

"ha-ha oh we haven't been "good friends" since middle school." Bon Bon replied.

"Yeah, during high school we finally found out we complete each other." Lyra said holding onto Bon Bon.

"And we couldn't be happier." Bon Bon added, kissing Lyra on the cheek.

"Wow, that's totally great, but um...can I ask a question?" Pinkie said nervously.

"Sure." Bon Bon responded.

"Um.. how did your parents act?" Pinkie asked. "You know, when they found out?"

Both Lyra and Bon Bon had uneasy looks expressions. “Um.. why do you want to know?” Bon Bon asked.

“Yeah.. that’s kind of personal.” Lrya mentioned.

“Oh sorry, its just.. well I really like this girl and think I am in love with her, but my parents are kinda old timey and might not approve of this.” Pinkie said.

“Oh, well listen Pinkie.” Bon Bon said looking at the pink girl with a serious look. “First you got to make sure you ARE lesbian first and that it isn’t just a random thing.”

“Yeah, me and Bon Bon here were never attracted to guys.” Lyra added. “We only liked females and during high school we really loved each other.”

“Yes, it’s a commitment.” Bon Bon said. “Are you sure you really love her and are you sure you are that way?

Pinkie thought for a moment and never recalled liking boys in her life. She did remember the time she had a serious crush on Rainbow Dash, but just threw it off as puppy love. However, when she became a teenager she remembered having a pool party for Rarity and liking the girls more, but again never acted on it. “Well.. I really think so, I mean, I do like girls more than guys.” Pinkie finally answered.

“Well if you are lesbian than fine, but be warned.” Bon Bon said with a stern look. “Some… Parents aren’t as understanding and will even go as far as to hurt you.” She said looked at Lyra while rubbing her back. Lyra closed her eyes as she remembered what her dad did to her when she found out. She soon open her eyes again and looked at Pinkie.

“Yeah, and others would just disown you as if you were a dog.” Lyra added as she held Bon Bon’s hand tight.

“You gotta make sure its what you are and know that it can have some negative consequences.” Bon Bon stated. “And to be sure you have people there for you in your time of need.”

Pinkie looked down and thought for a moment. If her parents did disown her, she knew that she had her friends, her sister Maud, and even the Cakes. She would not be alone, but it was the fact that her mom and dad would disown her if they were to find out.