• Published 30th Jul 2015
  • 762 Views, 3 Comments

Power, War, and Chaos - KidatHeart5



When the universe acts wonky, Discord jumps from one dimension to the next in search of Aku's missing powers. To their surprise, Aku's magic is in the grasp of General Grievous!

  • ...
4
 3
 762

"It's Not Me!"

In his cottage in Chaosville, Discord was humming merrily while vacuuming the…ceiling. He was wearing his usual cleaning attire: a red handkerchief with yellow polka dots on his head, a cream-colored shirt underneath a blue-green apron with one orange patch and a yellow patch, blue rubber gloves, and purple slippers with crumpled socks. He thought he’d spend the day catching up on his “cleaning”.

YAAAAAGGGHH!!!

Discord heard the familiar scream and face-palmed while he grumbled, “Oh, not him again.” Parcel Post was flailing about in the otherworldly dimension, having no gravity to keep him on the ground- whatever ground was there. Suddenly, he was caught in a giant butterfly net and looked up at his rescuer, who was wearing square glasses, a white shirt with a red tie, and brown pants. Discord smiled, “My, this is certainly the biggest catch I’ve made today!”

Parcel Post shakily pulled out a letter from his bag and stammered, “M-m-m-m-m-Mr. Discord? Urgent letter from Princess Celestia.” Discord didn’t like the sound of that when he telekinetically retrieved the letter. “Urgent, huh?” he said. “That’s almost never good.” The envelope opened by itself and when Discord read the letter, he was in instant shock.

The mail pony asked, “Is there something wrong?” Discord immediately let go of the butterfly net and conjured up traveling attire as he rapidly said, “No time to talk! Princess Celestia needs to see me at once!” He teleported out of Chaosville just as Parcel Post began floating in midair again. The creature that had grabbed him before did so again.

“NOT AGAAAAIIINN!!!”

******

Discord slammed open the doors to the throne room and instantly cried, “Whatever it was, I didn’t do it!” He made an expression of surprise when he saw the royal sisters, the Mane Six, and Spike all staring at him. He waved his paw and nervously uttered, “Hi.” Fluttershy flew up to him and asked in a worried voice, “Discord, what’s going on out there?” He asked, “What?” Rainbow Dash scowled, “I think you know what!” She turned and pointed to her tail, which was now a rainbow was connected to a cloud on one end and her rear on the other.

Discord chuckled, “Oh, that’s too funny!” Luna scowled, “We fail to see how this is funny.” Spike nodded, “Yeah! That’s nothing compared to what’s going on outside!” Discord stood in confusion and asked, “Outside?” Celestia rose from her throne and said, “Follow us.”

When they got to the bridge between towers, Discord was shocked by what he saw outside. Trees were uprooted and floating upside-down, the grass was now a darker color, the water near Canterlot seemed to be reversing the water cycle – with large droplets now rising to the sky – and the most disturbing thing of all was that the sun was changing colors! Discord said, “Whoa. I did not do this. I mean, if it was up to me, the trees would be growing pickled fruit, the grass would be feathers, and…” He stopped as soon as he looked at the gang, who were glaring at him. He then realized that his suggestions were making him look guilty.

He differed, “But it’s not me! I didn’t do this!” Spike peered out from the bridge and his eyes shrunk. He pointed while saying in a scared tone, “Like…that?” The others looked in the direction Spike was facing and were shocked to see an impossibly high tsunami headed for them. While the others shrieked, Discord snapped his fingers and teleported them to the throne room…barely. He pointed out, “Okay, I definitely didn’t do that.”

Celestia said, “It seems we have a mystery on our hands. Someone, or something, is disrupting the natural order of things.” Rainbow suggested, “Wanna bet it’s another draconequus causing more trouble than Discord does?” Discord humphed, “I resent that remark.” Luna said, “I think our problem lies not with another creature, but in the stars themselves. I can feel that something has disturbed the universe. I do not know what, but our best option is to search all of the places where different kinds of magic originate.”

Discord beamed, “You mean ‘hotspots’?” He chuckled and continued, “Well, you’re in luck, because I happen to know them all, north to south and east to west.” Twilight looked at the Royal Sisters and exchanged smirks with them. She turned to Discord and declared, “Congratulations, Discord. You’ve just become our new search scout!” Discord smiled, “Well, thank you. I…”

He soon realized what she just said and asked, “What?!” Twilight explained, “Discord, you may be the only one who knows where the hotspots are. If someone is tampering with any one of them, you have to alert us of it.” Celestia asked, “Do you understand what we’re asking of you?” Discord looked at the gang for a few moments, and then straightened and said, “Princesses, you can count on me.”


Discord was packing his travel bag when he heard knocking on the door. That’s strange, he thought. No pony’s knocked on my door before. He opened the front door and saw nothing. “Hello?” he asked. “Any pony out there?”

“We’re right here, Discord!”

He turned to see Twilight hanging to the doorknob to keep from drifting away and the rest of the Mane Six held tightly on to each other’s legs for the same reason. The sight of a pony chain almost cracked Discord up, but he merely smiled, “Hold on.” He grabbed Twilight’s front leg and pulled her and the others inside within a second before he closed the door. When they recovered, Rainbow Dash said, “I’d never thought I’d say this, but…” She then embraced the carpet and continued, “Ground! Sweet, sweet ground!”

Discord tried hard not to chuckle out loud, but a small snicker or two escaped his lips. Rainbow Dash glared up at him and retorted, “Hey, no pony can fly with zero gravity here!” When the Mane Six stood up, Twilight asked, “So are you ready for your quest?” In a flash, Discord was in his general attire and saluted while saying, “Ready, willing, and able, Princess.” As soon as he disposed of the clothes, Fluttershy walked up to him with a small basket. She said, “Here, I made these for you for your trip.”

He took the basket and said, “Thank you, my dear. It’s nice to know somepony cares about my well-being and nourishment.” He then whispered to her, “Oh, do take care of Q for me while I’m gone.” In another white flash, a fishbowl appeared in his paw and it had a clownfish swimming in it. Fluttershy took the fishbowl and cooed at the fish, “Hello, Quincy. You’re a cute little fish, aren’t you?”

Q swam to the side of the bowl closet to Fluttershy and pressed its lips against the glass. Discord said, “Isn’t that sweet? It means he likes you already.” Fluttershy blushed and chuckled before she asked, “Q, do you want to say ‘good-bye’ to your papa before he has to go?” Discord placed both hands on the bowl and said to his fish, “Listen, Q. I need you to be on your best behavior for dear, sweet Fluttershy. She’s an excellent caretaker of animals and she’ll know what’s… *sniff* best for you.”

Discord blinked back tears and handed Q back to Fluttershy while saying, “Oh, I hate these long good-byes. Please take him before I start crying.” When the Pegasus held the fishbowl again, Discord turned his back towards the ponies as he put his arm against his face and sniffled a few more times. It only took a few seconds before Discord turned to face them again with the same cheery face as if he wasn’t near tears just moments before. He flashed on traveling clothes and said, “Well, I must be on my way.” He conjured up his bag and a magnifying glass as he continued, “I’m sure I’ll get to the bottom of this mystery in no time.”

He opened the front door and he waved to the Mane Six, “Allez-vous! Until we meet again!” He then shot out of the door like a rocket and by the time the ponies went to look out, he was out of sight. After a few moments in silence, Rarity wondered, “I hope we can get back to Ponyville in an easier way.”

Author's Note:

To those of you who have not read "Discord and the Ponyville Players Dramarama", Quincy (or "Q", as his owner likes to call him) is Discord's pet clownfish.