• Published 31st Jul 2015
  • 411 Views, 4 Comments

A Princess in Danger - Skyress1



"Something is out there. Something dark, deadly and dangerous, something that won't hesitate to kill you, Twilight Sparkle," Princess Celestia spoke, the alicorn's voice filled with grief. "And no-one is safe from it."

  • ...
 4
 411

A guard for Twilight

Ponyville was just a quiet, lovely and peaceful place, until the night when things changed.

That night, an announced made about a dead pony. That's not that strange, old ponies die all the time, but this was no old pony. He was almost a colt, but the doctors found that he had been stabbed to death. Poor foal was conscious when he had been killed making it seem even more gruesome.

The multiple stabs, scratches and bruises, sure made it seem like a murder, unless of course it was a suicide - which it could have been. The boys psychologist said he had led a life of depression and sadness, but when Twilight had seen the dead body she immediately doubted that there was such a possibility.

However, none of the clues found on the scene helped with anything. For one, the pony who had murdered the foal, could have been a male or female, earth pony, pegas, unicorn or even an alicorn. And besides, no-one could guess how powerful the pony was, if it was a pony.

"Twilight," Spike interrupted her thoughts. Twilight turned around to see Spike holding a scroll with a royal stamp on it.

"Yes, Spike?" she asked him.

"Princess Celestia wishes to speak to you. She said she would meet you are Sugar Cube Corner. And it's almost time," he replied, showing her the scroll. Twilight waited no longer and rushed up to Sugar Cube Corner.

Celestia was already there, alongside Luna and Cadance. They were all sitting round a table, looking rather concerned. Round them stood four guards.

"Are you Princess Twilight," one of them asked, looking serious.

"Of course I am," she replied.

The guards let her past and she sat down next to the three princesses. "Spike told me that you needed to speak to me, Princess Celestia," Twilight started.

"Of course," Celestia replied nodding. "I am glad that he informed you. I needed to speak to you about the murder."

"You already know?" she asked. She had hoped that the princess had not heard of such a depressing news.

"Of course I do. As does princess Luna and princess Cadance. It is a truly upsetting fact and that is in fact the reason why I decided to step in and help solve this problem. However, there has been several disappearances in Canterlot, a few robberies and another murder," Princess Celestia continued. Twilight gulped. Never before has Equestria experienced murder, kidnapping or even robbery at such a scale. After all, Canterlot was a town where no pony could steal anything without a witness that would give the criminal away. Nonetheless it happened and that was something none had expected. "And so we decided to get each princess, including you, a guard. Princess are the ones that are the most powerful, but if their powers failed then all of Equestria would be in danger."

"It's good to know you decided to do something... wait... a guard.. for me... no, no no no, in my respect to you, princess Celestia, I don't think it would be a good idea," Twilight sparkle said.

"It would also protect your friends if you told your guard so. Both you and the elements of harmony need someone to warn them when danger's coming or someone to protect you all if your own power weakens. And there is no way that I would allow you, my faithful student come to any harm unless I know you will manage to win. Something is out there. Something dark, deadly and dangerous, something that won't hesitate to kill you, Twilight Sparkle," Princess Celestia spoken, the alicorn's voice filled with grief," and no-one is safe from it."

The last words sank into Twilight's mind until she was silenced. Then the other princesses looked at her and nodded to one of the four guards. "Midnight Wish, you will protect Twilight and her friends from this day till the day the danger disappears," Luna commanded the least serious-looking of the guards. "You will not back off, but you shall also keep the distance that Twilight thinks necessary for her daily routine."

"We're sorry Twilight, but it's for your safety and now, if you wish you can leave," Luna said. Twilight nodded and headed outside. Midnight Wish followed her, trying to look as serious as possible.

Once they were outside, Twilight turned to him and spoke," since you're meant 'guard' me, there's a few things you need to know. Don't wreck the books, don't be nearer than two meters away from me, no need to act all serious, don't offend my friends and do not even try to solve this mystery, that's for me and my friends. End of." The guard just nodded. "You know, it's not going to help to be silent, Rainbow and Pinkie will get the words out of you anyway."

And with that she walked inside her new house, well castle, where she met her friends. She could not wait to be with her friends and she knew they'd be on her side.

As for the guard, she did not trust him or care if he was even there, she just did not want to disappoint Celestia, Luna and her sister-in-law Cadance.

She trotted off, the guard following her, much to her disappointment, as she headed of to Pinkie Pies house. When most of her friends looked at her guard they were shocked. Rarity seemed to agree with the Princess' orders, but the three others were somewhat doubtful. Pinkie Pie seemed to have expected something like that.

"Let me guess, some murders, kidnaps and robberies have happened in Canterlot too so the princess' decided to get themselves and you too a guard for each of you to protect you from this sudden evil that neither the other princess' and you can protect yourselves from it. So now you're angry, the guard is too and we all have to stick with this too as we too are to be protected, which means that we will all sort of have to be on one place and that for now seems to be the castle, because we're the elements of harmony," she guessed. Twilight gaped at her, before nodding. "Take it that way, we can check out how much hilarity guards can withstand without laughing!"

"Awesome! Not the guard part, but the hilarious part," Rainbow Dash said. "But I hope we don't always have to be close to the guard, what about my training?"

"Not my problem, but if you want to get killed, just go on," Midnight wish replied, shrugging, before Twilight Sparkle glared at him.

Author's Note:

I can't wait for your review, better not be some egghead, precision comment though, the major things yes, but complaints like oh she has relatives and oh even though he appeared only for a second in one episode he's still already a character...

Comments ( 4 )

6269546 Thanks... I'm glad you liked the story... ( I think that's what you mean by Kool)

6272317 Yeah, that's what I meant :twilightblush: :rainbowlaugh:

6272321 Wow.... :facehoof: that reply was fast...

Login or register to comment