• Published 26th Jul 2015
  • 2,927 Views, 75 Comments

The Sparity Family - Zexoguy



An anthology of stories about Spike and Rarity's kids, based on the concepts created by TheFlimFlamBros and Pia-Sama.

  • ...
11
 75
 2,927

Dragon Ponies: Part 3

It was early morning. Rarity was sitting at the table, enjoying her breakfast and glancing through a magazine when her personal phone rang. It showed that it was her assistant, Coco Pommel, so she answered it.

"Good morning, Coco, darling."

"Good morning, Miss Rarity," replied the mare on the other end, sounding a little distressed. "I'm afraid I have some bad news."

"What is it?" Rarity inquired.

Spike observed his wife from the seat right next to her. He knew being a big shot fashionista tended to take its toll on her peace and sanity, so he made it a second job to help reign her in whenever she got too stressed. And from the looks of how her phone call was going, he felt like he should be on standby just in case.

"What?!" The white mare exclaimed. "Two?! Now?!.... Oh, alright, fine, but what do we do now?.... You're right, Coco. Get to it and I'll see you in a bit. Bye now." She hung up and moaned in despair, holding her head in her hand.

"What's wrong?" Spike asked.

"Two of my models for the show next week canceled on us and now we have to find ponies to replace them." Rarity responded. "Where in Equestria are we going to find two new models on such short notice?"

"Hey. Don't worry, Rare." Spike laid a hand on her shoulder to try and settle her. "You're smart. I'm sure you'll find somepony in no time."

Just then, she perked up as a thought occurred to her. "I believe I know just the ponies to ask," she exclaimed. The upcoming show was to show off her new line of Spring attire for teens and, fortunately, she just happened to have two lovely and photogenic teenage daughters who would look perfect in her outfits. She was almost certain that Citrine would be willing to help, but Jade on the other hand may require a little more persuasion.

-----

"No! Freakin'! Way!"

That was Jade's immediate reply. "Like I'd ever wanna do some stupid fashion show." Her mom was standing over her in the middle of her room as she laid down on her bed.

"I thought you might say that," her mom replied. "...but what if I told you you wouldn't be grounded for walking out on us the other night after we specifically told you not to?" Now Jade was really intrigued.

"Really, Mom? Blackmail? Are you really that desperate to have me model for you? Because this is pretty low, what you're doing now."

"I know, but the show is next week and I need two more teenage girls to wear the last two outfits and I simply don't have time to look elsewhere."

"I see. So you come to me when you need a last resort, huh?" the young half-dragoness reasoned. "That's real flattering."

Rarity blushed, realizing what she had said. "No, that is not what I meant," she said defensively. "I...I've always thought you were photogenic, dear."

"Uh huh." Jade was not very convinced.

"No, honestly," her mom continued. "And I have just the outfit which I know would suit you perfectly."

"Yeeeaaahh, still not interested."

Rarity didn't want to have to do this, but she was running out of options. Reluctantly, she was forced to resort back to her original threat. "Very well, then," she said. "Enjoy a whole week of no television, no music, and no band practice."

"What?!" That got Jade's attention, causing her to spring up from her bed. "You're not serious, are you?"

"I'm sorry, but you've left me no choice."

The young mare groaned. "Fine," she declared. "I'll do your dumb fashion show."

"Splendid," Rarity elated. Her daughter shot her a deathly glare.

"Manipulating your own kids. How do you sleep at night?"

-----

Rarity, Citrine and Jade arrived at the headquarters of the Carousel Boutique fashion company. The building was enormous with the logo displayed proudly near the top. The girls had each been here at least once before, but not since they were little. Their mother was one of the chief designers of the whole company and highly respected within the fashion community. As soon as they walked through the door, they were greeted by busy workers walking back and fourth all over the place. The office was absolutely buzzing with ponies rushing to get work done and many of them turned to the white unicorn mare to greet her.

"Good morning, Miss Rarity."

"Hello, Miss Rarity."

"Welcome back, Miss Rarity."

They were met with greetings like that all over the office. As they entered the elevator and the doors shut, one mare said to another "She looks incredible!"

"I know!" The other responded. "You'd never guess that she's had five kids!"

The elevator reached the top floor where Rarity's office was and waiting behind a desk, typing furiously and wearing a big purple and red flower in her hair was Coco.

"Good morning, Coco, dear," Rarity greeted her assistant.

"Oh, hello, Miss Rarity," Coco replied. "I'm still searching around to find those new models. Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find the perfect replacements in no time." Her voice indicated a twinge of panic.

"That won't be necessary, dear, for I have our perfect replacements right here."

"Oh?"

"Yes. Allow me to introduce my very own daughters, Citrine and Jade." The former smiled shyly and waved hello while the latter just glanced at over as if to say 'hey.'

"Oh, so these are your daughters," the assistant reiterated as she shook their hands. "It's so nice to meet you. Your mother's told me all about you."

"Thanks," Citrine said. "She's talked about you a lot, too."

Coco went to shake Jade's hand and felt something lightly scratch her wrist. "Ooh, those are some sharp nails."

"They're claws," Jade corrected flatly, turning Coco's smile into more of an awkward grin.

Coco was suddenly having concerns about her boss's decision, so she pulled her aside and whispered to her.

"Um, Miss Rarity? You know I hate to question your judgement and I'm sure you know what you're doing, but..."

"What exactly are you trying to say, Coco?" Rarity asked, starting to feel offense for her children.

"Oh, no! Don't get me wrong!" Coco pleaded. "Citrine is absolutely gorgeous and she seems very sweet. I'm not worried about her. Jade is... cute in a grungy sort of way, but do you really think she's the modeling type?"

"Are you insinuating that she doesn't look like she could be a model?"

"No, no, of course not! I'm just saying that she doesn't seem to be into it."

They both glanced back and saw Jade laying back in a chair and picking her teeth with her claw.

"Well, to tell you the truth she's not," Rarity confessed. "I had to persuade her to do this because, frankly, we don't have many options at this point."

"Mmm... I guess that's true."

"Just wait until you see her in the outfit I have in mind for her. And don't worry. Everything's going to turn out just fine. Trust me."

Coco hesitated for half a second, but she realized that Rarity had never steered her wrong before, so she told herself she had nothing to worry about. "Okay," she said. "I trust you."

"Excellent!" Rarity exclaimed as she turned back to her daughters. "Come along, girls. We have to get you both fitted." They both followed her back downstairs as Coco took a deep breath to calm herself.