• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 4,034 Views, 120 Comments

Equestria Fortress 2 - nightelf37



The Mane Cast (Mane Six + Spike), Derpy Hooves, and an OC are sent to the Team Fortress 2 universe.

  • ...
16
 120
 4,034

PreviousChapters Next
The Bond of RED Team (a.k.a. A Moment of Hiatus)

The RED Spy, followed by his EqU counterpart, rounded the last corner with a scream. "Scout!"

The little boy was curled up in a little ball against the wall, head buried in his knees and sobs wracking his tiny frame. The Spy got an adrenaline rush, reaching the Scout before Rarity…and saw the culprit; a Mini-Sentry, which had been programmed to not target ponies (and baby dragons) and target humans clad in red or blue. The Spy scooped it up and smashed it against the wall with an adrenaline-aided rush of fury.

He then glared down at the sparking bits of smashed technology before wheeling around and heading to the Scout, who was 'picked up' by Rarity.

"DON'T TOUCH HIM!", he yelled at her. She nearly 'dropped' him and only 'let go' after he managed to catch the Scout. "It's all right, petit. It cannot 'urt you.", he said to him.

The Scout raised his head up a bit, eyes wide and full of tears. "Spoi…". he whimpered.

"What is it, petit?"

"O-ow-owies…" Scout tried to uncurl himself, but froze, as if afraid to show something.

The Spy leaned forward and Rarity did likewise. "Where are the owies, Scout?", he asked as he reached forward, stroking the Scout's hair. "Show me."

The Scout's face was rapidly losing color as he eased his legs back, revealing his blood-soaked shirt. The Spy's hand froze on his head.

"B-bu-bug.", the Scout stammered. His tears fell freely now, his breath coming in short spurts, and he was shivering violently as his blood-soaked little hands wrapped themselves around the wound again. "B-bu-bug bit."

It wasn't a bug, but a Mini-Sentry's bullet. Rarity gasped in horror as she turned to her RED counterpart and scolded, "How could you let the Scout go off on his own?! This is precisely why I took him!"

"He was wearing my invisibility watch.", the Spy found himself answering as he looked around frantically for it. "It should've kept him safe."

"You mean this?" Rarity levitated the watch, which had lay some feet away.

Before the Spy could answer, the boy's whimpers began anew. He immediately leaped into action as he cried out through his communication system. "ENGINEER! MEDIC! ANSWER ME, PLEASE!"

"Vhat is it? Vhere are you und Scout?", Rarity could hear the doctor's voice from the Spy's earpiece.

"We are by the sewers! Medic, hurry, please, Scout is—" In his rising panic, he fell into his native tongue as the Scout went slack in his arms.

From what she could hear next through the din of the Scout's yell (whom she tried to calm down), the Medic assured the Spy that he was on his way, with the rest of the team providing cover. All the Spy had to do was remain composed and keep pressure on the wound.

The Spy nodded and requested, "Come quickly."

"I'll do my best." He turned back to the Scout. "It's all right, petit.", he assured, forcing himself to smile. "It's going to be all right." He brushed the tears off of Scout's cheeks with his thumb. By this point, he had figured out that the EqU Spy was just as concerned as he was.

Just as he began to look for something to use as a means to staunch the wound, before he could place a hand on his balaclava, one was offered to him, along with his watch. He turned to face Rarity, who had taken off her own mask and revealed her beautiful face, which was only marred by the mess of a mane that had been done thanks to him.

"Thank you.", he said to her before pressing the cloth into the little bullet wound. Scout whimpered at the pressure, trying and failing to move away. "Hush, Scout. This will make it better. I promise." All of Spy's focus zeroed in on Scout's abdomen, while Rarity backed up so that they could spend a few moments alone.

She then whispered in her comms system. "Fluttershy, are you there? I need some assistance."

"Sorry, Rarity. But I'm currently in the limbo room. I was sent away after the RED Demoman almost…cut me in half with his scary sword."

"Oh." Rarity was on her own for the moment. And unfortunately, she wasn't too knowledgeable on first aid.

"S-Sp-Spoi…", the baby Scout tried to speak before he fell forward onto the Spy's chest, burying his face into his Spy's suit, breathing slow and uneven.

The Spy raised a trembling hand to Scout's back, rubbing it in small circles. "Don't cry, Scout…", he whispered, "I'm right here." He buried his face in the Scout's hair.

A while later, he forced back a rattling sob as he pressed a finger to his earpiece. "Medic," he croaked, "Medic…"

"We are in ze base, Spy! We're coming!"

"Non…" The Spy didn't bother to hide the crack in his voice. "Non…there's no medical assistance needed."

Rarity did not know the meaning behind the words, but the tone gave it away; the Scout has… has… She immediately burst into tears and threw herself at the Spy's side. He made no effort to push her away as he broke down in frustrated and furious sobs.

They stayed like this for the good portion of a minute, ignoring the furious cries of RED and the panicked cries of EqU above. The Spy then let go of Rarity, not noticing that the Scout's body had mysteriously disappeared. "You should leave. The rest of my team won't be too happy to see you."

The EqU Spy nodded as she vanished from sight and made to leave, even as the RED Sniper located his teammate and made his way to him.

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

As it was, the rest of the RED Team had gone totally ballistic when they heard the news from their Medic that their Scout had died. And as they cried out his name (whether or not his name actually is Scout nopony could tell), EqU knew they were in very deep trouble. Even as the others were respawned, the odds were completely against their favor.

In the end, the BLU base nearly crumbled to the ground as the REDs also managed to take the time to steal the intelligence. By the time they took it for the second time, just before it was returned to their Intelligence room, good news came from the resting RED Heavy; the RED Scout had respawned…and was back to normal if only unconscious.

The second RED claimed victory, both bases in 2Fort were inexplicably restored to their normal condition. Then, as a means of condolence and consolation, EqU decided to give RED every new weapon and accessory they had (except for the Element of Harmony replicas, any accessories that cannot be catered to human bodies, and 'redundant' items like the Ironbuckers and Hero's Lance).

As for the RED Team, they delivered something in return…

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

"Let this be lesson for you! Wizard once said to Soldier that he will kill everyone he cares about. Soldier has no family left, and wizard attack us. That means Soldier care for us. We may be killers, but we are team. We look out for one another. We. Are. Friends! I do not know if our friendship is stronger than yours, but it is strong! You'll do well not to underestimate us next time!"

It was a message that was recited by the Heavy from the RED Team. Tasic replayed this message as he gave a weary sigh. A while later, Chronicle came over.

"Tasic?", he called.

"Yes?"

"My friends have been talking for a while now with this lesson in account and…uhh…they're in no condition to continue battling. They're also quite homesick."

"I see. I intended to send you guys home after accomplishing our mission. We didn't foresee this this sort of situation. I mean, how often is it that reincarnation system glitches and results in the target's regression, huh?"

"Very slim, I'l admit. RED admitted that it was unforeseen to them as well."

"Yeah. I guess I'll get the return process ready. You do know we'll have to use the Mem-Edit, right?"

"Of course I do. And you know I'll keep all this secret from them, right?"

"I Pinkie Promise."

"Okay."

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

And that's it for now.

"I…I don't know what to make of this."

If you're talking about the crossover ship between Rarity and the RED Spy, it's completely coincidental and unintentional. Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye. I'm not really experienced in developing them.

"Not a good speech from the Heavy, huh?"

Yeah. I know he's not dumb, but I can't think of any better speech.

"Not gonna reveal how we're brought back?"

No more than I'm gonna reveal how you guys were brought over. Sorry.

"This one's a bit short, huh?"

Yeah. Man, I'm running out of inspirations. See ya on Third!

PreviousChapters Next