• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 389 Views, 6 Comments

Ekre'als' equestrian adventure. - RC



a bosmer thief named Ekre'al becomes the head of the equestrian crowns assassin guards.

  • ...
30
 6
 389

1 prologue

Author's Note:

rewritten as of 1-10-16.

Queen Twilight Sparkle began her daily ritual, opening the balcony doors to view her kingdom and see the smiling faces of her subjects. As she exited the doors she saw an old friend, and her daughter’s personal guard, sitting on the roof of the observatory watching the sunrise. She had to admit, it looked quite nice.
The way the glass reflected the colors of the dawn, the sparkle of the crystals, the shadow blocking out the sun…

Wait, shadow blocking out the sun?
“Ekre’Al! Get cadence, I’ll hold whatever this is off!” shouted twilight as the guard ran to gather his charge and flee to the bunker outside the kingdom. As he fled twilight gathers her battle robes, to fight for her kingdom.
“So the warrior queen raises to arms after a promise of peace,” Said the shadow as it began to take shape. “Fitting. A liar’s promise broken on a falling throne to a just king for a new dawn. A dawn of DARKNESS!”
He began to weave a spell matrix around him, a spell like none the queen had ever seen before. For this spell seemed to absorb light and spread darkness. As he charged his spell, twilight release her conjuration spell, a bow of pure mana forming in her trained hands.
An arrow of magenta magic flew forth towards the heart of the evil king as the battle began. A shield of darkness blocked the arrow as a similar bow of black released an arrow of shadow back. The arrow missed due to his lack of training but the deed was done, she had been distracted and let her guard down for an unexpected attack.
He released a spell to change her once fair body to that of a youth, her memories to that of a newborn, and her past to that of nonexistence. A spell where her right to rule was stripped from her and bound to her very core.
The guard had seen this as he returned to retrieve his liege, and upon seeing this occur he sped forth and gathered the youth he once called master, and love, to bring her back.
“I know not what you are, beast, nor why you attacked our home. But I will bring a revenge of a thousand suns down upon you.” Said Ekre’Al as he turned away the young filly in his arms “it may not be today, nor tomorrow, but before the day of reckoning, you shall fall by my blade.
“WULD NAH KEST!” he shouted as the wind blew him past the horizon.
“I await your return, fool, I await your return.” said the bastard son of a bastard son, Sombra del represado.


“I beg for your aid, your majesties, your sister has fallen and her kingdom is at risk of falling.” Said the bowed knight as he spoke to the royal sister of day and night, in their castle. Upon a cry from mi amore cadenza, he turned to see that twilight was beginning to stir.

Ekre’Al rushed to the crib next to cadence to check on twilight as he had the whole trip to the castle of two sisters. While he picked up the foal to hold her till she was at ease again. The scene made both sisters smile as they came to a grim decision.

“Sir Ekre’Al, we will aid thy kingdom, but you must let us care for our sister, it is our right to protect her as she did us.” Said, Luna, as Celestia nodded.

“She cared for us. Now it’s our turn to care and help her.” Agreed Celestia.

As Luna called the guard to help regain the crystal empire and its citizens, and bring the beast who did an unspeakable deed to the loved elder sister, Celestia began to look through her books and spells of healing while calling upon the other races to give aid to help her protect the land should the worst occur.


“We cannot help, this spell has her in a trance that is beyond even our reach or the arts.” Said Bena-Tighre, the queen of the flutter ponies, “Whatever did this to your sister has done great damage to her, she shall not awaken for a great many years if the spell is as I believe. But do not fret, her very life-force seems to keep her fed and she will keep herself alive. After all the three of you have done for us, it feels like we haven’t done enough to help you.”

A conversation of the same has been said since the start of the day. Since the creatures had begun to try and heal the eldest of the royal sisters, the same sisters who helped and protected the land from the tyranny of discord. The same sisters who brought the day, night, and the emotions of the world.