• Published 17th Nov 2011
  • 1,232 Views, 0 Comments

A Dream With Sharp Teeth: The New Nightmare - Henry Hatsworth



Richard thought that he had won the battle. Turns out the war was just beginning...

  • ...
 0
 1,232

Power

The flat was exactly how Richard had left it. Half eaten pizza on the table, Jeremy Clarkson books placed messily on the shelf, Monty Pythons Meaning of Life playing on the TV, everything was as it was on that fateful night. Richard took a while to remember everything that he had before he gave it away for ponies, but then got back to the task at hand. He had a vendetta, and he was going to carry it out one way or another. He thought for a moment about where the Princess might be, but then he had an idea. Where was the best place to get information, no matter where you were? The local pub.

He stood outside the door of his local pub, The Shaftesbury, and prepared for his first drink back on earth.
"Well mate, welcome to your own kind." He said to himself as he entered the pub. To his surprise, there weren't that many people inside. To find out why, he went up to the bartender and began his search for information.
"Oi mate, gimme two beers and a sausage roll." He said to the bartender
"Sure." He replied as he poured the beer."You new around 'ere?"
"Sort of, I've been gone for a while." Richard replied."When I left this country was an almighty shithole. How'd things get turned around like this?"
"Simple. The eco nuts got their way and managed to somehow change everything back." The bartender told him.
"You mean that woman who shoved a pie in Jezza's face was right? Jeez." Richard said, shocked.
"I know, here's your food, by the way." The bartender said as he placed a sausage roll in front of Richard.
"Thanks." He said as he took a bite out of it."Listen, you wouldn't happen to know anything about....Molestia, would you?"
"Molestia? Oh god, I thought you all went away a year ago." The bartender said in sudden frustration.
"What?" Richard asked.
"Oi lads! It's one of them brony fucktards!"

All the men in the room put down their drinks and started walking towards Richard."So, how does it feel being twenty percent gayer?" One of them asked him mockingly.
"Easy now, I don't want any trouble." Richard said as he pulled out his katana in self defense
"What? You wanna bring arms to me now? You wanna merk me? Well fine then!" Shouted the same man, obviously the leader, as he grabbed his glass and threw it at Richard. It shattered and cut him in a number of places, one of those places being just above his mouth. Richard waited, suddenly stricken with fear, as blood slowly dripped down his face and entered his mouth. As the crimson liquid hit his tongue, he felt a strange sense of euphoria. He smiled menacingly as his ipod began playing We Are Finally Cowboys Golden Brown Mix.
"That's......Good." He said as his eyes took on a familiar green glow.

Before the man had time to react, he had Richard's katana straight through his stomach. Richard gave him a moment to let this fact sink in before he did a backflip, slicing the man upwards. Richard placed his head in between the two segments and swallowed some of the blood that now flowed copiously from the man.
"BLOOOOOOOOD!" He shouted in twisted delight. he then turned towards the others, struck dumb by what they had just seen, and decapitated all of them in one fell swoop. Focusing one one head, he pulled out his gun and shot it during it's last five seconds of consciousness. To his surprise, it fired an energy blast which seemed to suck the very life out of it and then cause it to die in a bloody explosion. In all the chaos it was impossible to say who's blood was who's. Satisfied at a good kill, Richard turned on the bartender.
"Right, do you know something, or don't you? Because if you don't then you're of no use to me, and if you're of no use to me then you die!" He shouted as he held the bartender at swordpoint.
"Okay, I'll tell you. All I know is that there's been some weird shit going on at The Gherkin, okay? Now please don't kill me!" The bartender told him in fear.
"Alright then, but take this to remember me by." Richard said as he whipped the bartender's shirt off and carved an R into his chest. The bartender cried out in pain as Richard's katana cut into his skin. Once Richard had finished this act he threw the bartender to the ground and set off in search of Molestia.