• Published 7th Aug 2015
  • 1,579 Views, 26 Comments

Hysteria - MidnightRun



After losing their powers, Adagio and her sisters find comfort in the home of a new student named Midnight Rider, A student from Australia who out of the kindness of his heart takes them in. At the same time Adagio is starting to feel strange

  • ...
11
 26
 1,579

movie pickpocketing and admittance of feelings

The smell of bacon and eggs wafted through the apartment, and the sound of sausages were sizzling such a delectable smell could not be ignored, least of all adagio, the sensational smell of cooking bacon was something she always enjoyed in the morning but who was the one cooking? Aria hated cooking, and Sonata certainly wasn't the best at it, Art was probably a good cook but her heart was hoping that it was Midnight making the breakfast, maybe for her but she didn't raise her hopes up. Adagio put on something a bit more casual, she put on a black tank top and put her bushy hair up in her usual look, she slipped into a pair of jeans with a tear in one of the areas where her knee cap was showing. then to complete the look she tied a flannel jacket around her waist. after admiring herself in the mirror, she walked downstairs and to her delight Midnight was cooking the whole group bacon and scrambled eggs on toast, drizzled over it slightly, was smokey barbecue sauce. "morning sleepy head, nice look" said Art with a smile.

"Same to you, bed head." said Adagio in a snarky way and pulled up a chair as she waited to be served, bacon and eggs was a breakfast she liked and the fact that Midnight was cooking it was a trait she really admired. Sonata was quick to point out to Adagio that she was staring at Midnights bum to which she quickly averted her gaze and Sonata gave her a school notice, it was an invite to a formal at the school spring fling dance next week everyone had gotten their invites giving a picture of her big sister dancing with their savior Aria on the other hand may not admit it to anyone but she absolutely was grateful to Midnights gesture of kindness and friendship. On one hand Midnight wanted to ask Adagio to the spring fling next week. As much as he could to talk to girls, asking one out was a whole different story.

Midnight then served the food with cups of orange juice. "Here you go girls, bon appetite." as he served each one he sat down and served himself last since any good host would do with the exception of Art since she is the one in charge of the apartments. Sonata was stuffing her face with the delectable dish, there was sauce all around her face. Midnight could only chuckle at the very sight as adagio quietly observed him while taking small bites, like she was a cat observing her surroundings from a high place, what will she tell him, what could she tell him, the thought of it just put butterflies in her stomach but one thing she knew for certain, she needed to have courage. That night where he let her sleep with him and cuddle up to him on the sofa she felt loved, not through force but genuinely loved and little by little she felt more and more guilt at using him for her own selfish needs she had never felt this way about anyone.

Adagio then broke her silence "midnight?" Midnight turned to face the pale yellow beauty.

"Yeah?" he asked

"Have you found out about who might have the key to our, special problem?" Midnight chuckled.

"i think I know who, Sunset Shimmer, she Rainbow Dash and I are gonna go see a movie i'll bet she has what your looking for. I used to be a very slick pickpocket down under." Midnight boasted puffing out his chest, causing Aria to roll her eyes and Sonata to chuckle at his lack of modesty. "well in that case, good luck to you. Anyway Midnight I need to tell you something." Adagio told him nervously while playing with her hair

"Yes? what is it?" Asked Midnight.

"I was wondering-"

"Yes?" he asked again looking into her violet gaze. Adagio simply lost her nerve and wussed out of telling him how she feels about him. "Never mind, its nothing." Midnight wondered if maybe she was feeling for him what he is feeling for her "are you sure?" He asked once more

"Yes Midnight, I'm sure, stop asking." she snapped back at him, causing him to flinch slightly at her tone . "I'm sorry, Midnight, i had trouble sleeping last night." Midnight waved it off with a smile telling her that its all good "its okay Adagio, these things happen." Rubbing the back of his head, midnight decided to take the plunge and ask Adagio out to the dance. What did he have to lose?

"Hey, Dagi?" he began nervously. "I was wondering, do you wanna go to the dance with me? I mean its okay if you don't want to. I thought it might be okay, with you and..."

"Oh shut up and let me say yes you naughty man." Adagio quipped at him.

"Really?" he asked "You really want to?" Adagio smiled and nodded making Sonata squeal that her big sister got a date. Midnights heart was racing, although he had sworn off love, here he was feeling differently about Adagio nothing motivated him more than to get those shards back, to see her smile at him, this, was a dream come true for him but he would have to play his cards right. "Anyway, I'm going to the movies with Sunset and Rainbow, with they're eyes glued to the screen, it'll be easy to pick the shards from their pockets."

Adagio was counting on him, as were her two sisters, he was their savior to them. "Good luck, Midi." She said to him with complete sincerity, which earned a smile from the orange Aussie in return.

"Thanks, Dagi, I appreciate it. "

"calling each other pet names now? Gag." Aria sneered with her dry remarks.

"Oh stop it." midnight said in response. "Now Rainbow and Sunset will be at the movies at nine thirty am this morning, I'll be back quicker than a dingo with its tail on fire." After eating breakfast, Midnight went to see the girls at the movie cinema at the exact time and the movie in question was a re release of Kokoda, the suspense on screen was all according to Midnights plan, with they're eyes stuck watching the Japanese soldiers stalking their prey. Midnight caught a glimpse of the remaining red shards and with the light fingers from his days as a pick pocket,after a few unsuccessful attempts where he casually just offered pop corn, he successfully swiped them from Sunset without her or rainbow noticing as they were too enthralled by the movie. With his task complete Midnight watched the rest of the movie sharing the popcorn with the two girls.

Man I must have been a little out of practice He thought to himself

After that, the trio exit the movie theater. Rainbow was absolutely excited after seeing the aussie soldiers going to hell and back " That was totally awesome, " said rainbow with her usual enthusiasm. "seeing it on the big screen and the final fight, bang, it was so epic." Midnight chucked at this "Yeah, thanks for the movie invite girls this movie is one of my all time favorites films are some of my favorites, see you both at school." Sunset gave him a wink in return. "you bet, midnight." with the shards in hand, Midnight was dropped off back to his apartment ready to give the girls whats rightfully theirs and hoping that hes not too late. "see ya later girls" And with a wave Sunset and rainbow drove off not even knowing they had been robbed blind. Midnight then opens the door and goes upstairs to the apartment he shared with the sisters he had come to love like family and in Adagios case, hopefully a girlfriend. Inside the room Adagio, Sonata and Aria are nearly at deaths door

Adagio was wheezing, struggling to breath. Her hair had become frazzled and dull as was her skin and her sisters were even worse, Midnight called art to quickly reassemble the pieces. Fortunately the latent magic that the sirens had leftover began to resonate with them and as soon as they did art and midnight managed to save the girls who were slipped into an unconscious state. Breathing a heavy sigh of relief, Midnight tucked the sirens in. He had never panicked in such a way before nearly losing the three girls he had let into his heart after checking his message from flash for band practice tomorrow He decided he would practice a love song for her on the night of the spring fling and tenderly kisses Adagios forehead.

"Your going to be okay, Adagio. You and your sisters are fighters, otherworldly creatures made human flesh and I promise I will always be there for you, no matter what." Midnight tenderly caressed her cheek as she slept while art tended to the other two tears streaming from her eyes. "Midnight," Art said wiping her face "I'm so glad these girls came into our lives you know you don't really need to put yourself out there for others but you putting your heart out there was the best thing you ever did it lead you and I to meet them."

"I know" Said midnight with a tender smile and a slow nod.

"You know, I'm gonna ask Rarity to make some dresses for us, you should probably get something tailor made for the band I hear your in" Midnight looks somewhat surprised that Art found out so quickly.

"Well," he began " I guess word travels fast around here huh" He said with a slight chuckle and gives her a picture of what would look good on him for the spring fling performance. "Give Rarity that because tomorrow i need to practice with Flash and the others for next week." With a salute Art gave Midnight her assurances that it would be done.

"No need to worry bro, I got you covered."

"Thats what I like to hear." Said Midnight thankfully. "In the meantime stay here with me to watch over our guests they have been through a lot "

"I think they are more than guests now Midi." Normally Midnight didn't like it when his sister called him by his pet name she made for him but this was different the five of them were now practically family in every sense of the word Art had three new sister figures and Midnight had a beautiful date to look forward to.

"Goodnight Adagio, I don't know if you can hear me but I need to tell you this anyway, I love you. You mean all the world to me and I just can't live without you. No matter what you do, I'll be here for you," Midnight said tenderly while caressing her head. "Because, your the love of my life and you mean so much. Coming to America was the best decision of my life, it led me to you." Midnight then held the sleeping siren by her hand. As the minutes turned into hours and the moon came out to greet the night sky outside Midnight drifted off to sleep holding Adagios slender hand while Art went downstairs after putting a blanket on her big brother.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The dawn rays of the sun peeked into the apartment window shining on adagios face her body now pristine and very healthy again. Am I dead? She though to herself. Fortunately she didn't have to look very far, her sisters had their pendents around the necks of they're peaceful slumbering forms. Feeling around her neck, Adagio could feel that she too had her pendent restored and saw that midnight was still sleeping beside her holding her hand and with a gentle nudge woke up the orange Aussie his eyes lighting up in happiness that she was awake "Dagi? your alive? Adagio nodded happily as she embraced him lovingly* damn right I'm alive you silly man thank you so much I think you deserve a reward." With that she and Midnight shared a kiss of lovers as he held onto her like he never wanted to let go like they both wanted this moment to last forever. what ever would come next could wait as they kissed for at least a minute or two

"Adagio," Midnight began " I know you may not have heard anything last night so I will say it again," staring into those violet eyes he admitted those three little words that made all the difference. " I love you Adagio Dazzle and I will always be there for you.

"Midnight, I love you too thank you," Adagio said starting to tear up "Thank you for everything". and with that a brand new relationship was forged and the two lovers would greet the dawn together.

Author's Note:

Sorry to keep you all waiting guys its been hectic in the past few years anyway this is just a short one compared to the others I've done so far but hopefully I'll have enough to make the next chapter around roughly 4000 words at least, but I can't promise anything I'm sorry its taken so long to make this chapter lots of things have been happening. Naturally I hope you like it, thank you for your support, you the readers are my strength. If ya like this story give it a like a comment and share the story around and I'll see ya when I see ya

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment