• Published 7th Jul 2015
  • 350 Views, 3 Comments

Life in ponyville: Back from Manehattan - Lightning Crystal



Back from Manehattan Lightning Crystal is ready to surprise his friends

  • ...
14
 3
 350

3. A party to remember

I woke up the next day to knocking on my door, so I decided to go check it out. when I opened the door I got a face full of confetti. A pink pony with a puffy mane and tail jumped into my house and started setting up party decorations.

"Umm excuse me, but what are you doing?" I asked while looking at the odd mare.

"Setting up decorations for your party silly billy." She replied She then went back to setting up decorations.

"No I mean why did you just barge into my house." I asked angrily.

"I do that with everypony, and nopony seems to question it." She said.

"Well I do, and what do you mean party?" I asked.

"It's your welcome to ponyville party." She replied.

"Sorry to break it to you but i'm not new to ponyville." I said.

"What?" She said sadly.

"Yeah, infact I have some friends here, Bon Bon, Lyra Heartstrings, Octavia Melody, and Vinyl Scratch." I said while trying to remember the name of that other mare I met just yesterday.

"Oh, but I was told by Scootaloo applebloom and sweetiebelle that you were new here." She said while fiddling with her mane.

"Maybe three months ago when I first saw them, but i'm not new to ponyville, officially i'm a resident for three months." I said while leading her out my front door.

"Okay, but come to sugarcube corner later, okay?" She asked.

"Sure whatever, just get out." I said.

"Oh by the way, my name's Pinkie Pie." She said.

"I'm Lightning Crystal, but my friends call me Lightning, Light, or Cry for short." I said as Pinkie bounced away. "What a weird pony." I thought to myself.


I was walking to sugarcube corner as Pinkie asked me to. I was thinking to myself as to why she would just now hear about me and me moving to ponyville if she was going to throw me a party. I bumped into a pony and they knocked me down I looked around to see who did that, and to my surprise it was Shi.

"Oww that hurt" She then turned to me yelling "hey watch where ya goi-" She paused and stared at me for a while not knowing what to say.

"Umm my bad?" I said confused.

"Oh i'm sorry, didn't think i'd run into you on the way to this party."

"Party, oh you must mean the welcome party Pinkie Pie is throwing me."

"That's the exact one i'm talking about."

"Well sorry for running into you Shi."

"It's not a problem." Her stomach growled loud enough for me to hear."umm hey, do you think we can get to that party now?"

"Yeah let's go." I said as we walked to sugarcube corner together, I was kinda worried about Vinyl seeing me with Shi and spreading rumors, "But she wouldn't do that to me, would she?" I thought to myself. Shi and I walked on in silence to sugarcube corner. I could only imagine what she was thinking. We got to sugarcube corner and then We both walked inside, it was very dark inside I couldn't see my hoof infront of my face.

:Surprise!" A bunch of ponies said when the lights turned on and confetti was tossed at me, I was really irritated. I looked around and saw Octavia, Lyra, and Bon Bon but not Vinyl. I walked over to my friends and started to have a good time with them.

"Do any of you know where Vinyl is?" I asked.

"Vinyl had a gig to do." Lyra said.

"Oh well that's fine, so long as I have you guys here it's fine." I said while giving them a goofy smile. It was fun, I didn't expect it to be that fun. But then the lights went out and ponies started screaming, me included.

"Yo Ponies, who's ready for these beats!" I hear vinyl yell. A dj booth came up from the ground and I saw Vinyl standing there ready to play some music. "Know let me show you how you really make a scene."

"Ugh, Vinyl." I heard Octavia say from behind me.

"Let's party!" Vinyl said as she put on some music. The music was awesome I loved it, but when I looked beside me I saw Octavia covering her ears.

"Umm hey Tavi, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I don't care for this unsuitable music as Vinyl calls it." Octavia said while making airquotes when she said music. I laughed because of what Octavia said, she might not have liked it but I did, and I was going to continue to listen to Vinyl's song.

"Time for my BASS CANON!" Vinyl yelled and pulled out a speaker and aimed it to the crowd.

"Oh shi-" I said as Vinyl fired it directly at me launching me through a wall and straight outside. I landed on my back and winced in pain. I was able to feel vibrations all over my body as my vision started fading.

"Oh dude i'm so sorry." I heard Vinyl say.

"Don't worry we'll take you to the hospital." I heard Lyra say. They picked me up and started taking me to the hospital. I heard them check me in and take me to my hospital room.

"Okay i'll just make sure he gets better, you four can go back to your homes now." I heard a familiar voice say. I looked and saw that it was Redheart, she looked at me and gave me a warm comforting smile, then my vision went black.