• Published 19th Jun 2015
  • 426 Views, 1 Comments

A Crystal Heart - Magic Cupcakes



When a sudden surge of memories come to a pony with amnesia, forgotten memories those she had missed and those she wanted to stay forgotten all come back.

  • ...
 1
 426

Amnesia and Crystals

A Crystal Heart

My name is Corrah, I am a crystal pony and resident of the Crystal Empire, but I can’t remember anything else... that is anything else before King Sombra enslaved us (shudder). The last thing I remember happening was when Princess Celestia and Princess Luna came to free us from King Sombra. Some Ponyvillians came asking us about what happened and what it was like. It felt like being trapped in a nightmare and to be awoken only to find your world in shambles unknowing of how it got that way. Apparently when Sombra…. something about that name makes me want to cry and hide every time I say and hear it…. anyway they told us that when “he” was defeated, our empire mysteriously disappeared with him and now after hundreds of years we are back miraculously, although everypony here seems rather dour for such good news and everypony is just like me, can’t remember anything before ‘him’.

A Few Days Later

A royal festival was announced for today and everypony seems to be quite a buzz. Some Ponyvillians set up the festival just like the Crystal Fair. Everypony in the showed up. As I began to entered the festival with my friend Sapphire Rose, I saw something very strange. Ponies manes and coats transformed. It sounds crazy but they went from dull rock to sparkly crystal. I trotted in to figure out why. As I walked, I glanced at the tents on either side of me. Crystal berry pies, crystal goblets, flugelhorns, Crystal corn on the cob, and even an ewe petting zoo. Suddenly, like a refreshing wave, memory sprung back into my mind. It was back! From my job as a royal gardener to my childhood birthdays my memories had returned. As I looked down at my hooves I saw glittering pink shimmer back at me. Rushing to a mirror I nearly jumped with joy at seeing my purpley blue hair shining again and so neatly arranged with the green leafy ribbons I wore everyday. Gleefully, I galloped from tent to tent to see the different wares. As I looked, I couldn't help feeling as though I had forgotten something... Sapphire! Oh no I must of abandoned her at the entrance when I saw all the ponies coats changing. I rushed toward the entrance but before I got there I saw Sapphire Rose, who was already crystal. I ran over to her and apologized about leaving and then we went to enjoy what the festival had to offer. We both continued into the fair, thoroughly enjoying the activities, stands, and food, mostly the food though. Eventually we reached the old library, being a sucker for books, Sapphire Rose insisted we went in. Passing through the large crystal doors away from the festival's havick, the world seemed to slow down around us as a quietness fell between us and all around the dusty building. Sapphire suddenly disappeared from my side as she scanned for the perfect piece of literature up and down the great rows and rows of books, scrolls, and parchment. Not knowing what to read or look for, I drifted over to the gardening section. Topiary 101, sounded promising enough, so I cracked open the book and began. Most of the techniques and tricks I had already conquered but I kept reading. Then one particular technique, I already knew, stood out to me, “How to cut topiary into ponies”, it wasn’t the technique itself rather the day I had achieved it that made the impactful nostalgia. Hidden and castaway memories began to flow to my head of that day.