• Published 12th Jun 2015
  • 1,103 Views, 6 Comments

Like it was Yesterday... - Sparkler-iFIC



King Sombra poses a threat to Equestria once more! And it was not long after the recent defeat either. Twilight the Unicorn, has many challenges to face, will she be able to pass this test and save Equestria?

  • ...
3
 6
 1,103

A Not-So Vintage Librarian

She spun around to see two guards standing there. "Halt! Who goes there?!" They both held their spears towards her. Twilight's eyes went wide. "I'm so sorry sirs!" She quickly said, "You see- I... I'm the Canterlot Librarian. I was... I was jut here to discuss about my next shipment. I know I hadn't made an appointment so that's why... I am here. To make an appointment."

They put their spears down. "We are sorry ma'am- Go right ahead."

Twilight Sparkle just remembered, 'Shoot! I forgot I can't talk to Celestia and Luna at this moment... Wait a minute! They don't live in Canterlot at this time! Celestia moved here when her castle in the Everfree Forest. This must be when Queen Solaria and King Nebular were in power. Their parents... I have to get out of here!' She gave an awkward smile, "I forgot my forms! Silly me... Oh I have to go back to my library and sort a few things out. I am so unorganized sometimes..." She said with a smile.

They gave a nod, folding their wings making room for her to exit. As she left she then quickly raced out afterwards. "... The Crystal Empire is miles away! And they don't have proper functioning trains at this moment. I'm going to have to take a carriage aren't I?" She told herself as she trotted along the roads. Strange, everyone didn't seem as... Saturated as she is used to. This made her look more "beautiful" then most of the ponies. She could see some stallions giving her the googly eyes. Quite disturbing really.

It was when Fancy Pants... No- It must be like his... Great great great great great great great great... And so on- Grandfather! "I say, you look rather fine for a unicorn. What is your secret?"

She blinked, "I was.. Uh- Born this way?"

"Oh, a rare find you'd be. I'd watch yourself in Canterlot dearie." He said with a grin.

"Creep." She murmured under her breath trotting away. "I need to get out of here... Why does everyone in the background look like the same ponies in Equestria- But... Less saturated and with hats or facial hair?" She asked herself noting that as she tried to find the exit to Canterlot.

At last she arrived at the Carriage. "Do you mind if I get a ride to the Crystal Empire?" Twilight asked the driver kindly.

He nodded, "Sure! Don't worry 'bout bit'z, I can make an exception for a purty pony like yar'self!" He gave a small laugh as he fixed his hat.

She smiled with an unsure expression plastered on her face, "Uh... Thanks." Getting up onto the carriage she sat down, now waiting for the long drive ahead. To the Crystal Empire.

It was at least three days... When at last the beauteous Empire came into view. This was the most colorful thing she saw her entire time being here. That and the flower beds they had sometime passed by on the road there. It was like the whole world was in some sort of... Cheap camera filter. Rarity would have called it "Vintage". Once he came to a stop, she sighed happily. "Thank you." She said before leaving him with a ten bit tip. She forgot that things were a lot cheaper back in these days of Equestria... So she kinda just made him rich. His eyes were wide, looking completely shocked. She didn't take any note to it, she probably just thought he was happy or something. Now trotting down the streets of the Crystal Empire she was on the look out for the pony whom she is in need to find...