• Published 4th Jun 2015
  • 2,462 Views, 27 Comments

Discussions About a Human - FriendlyTwo3



A human has appeared in Equestria. Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and the Element bearers must discuss what do with him.

  • ...
10
 27
 2,462

"What am I doing here?"

“Well? How bad was it?” asked Rainbow Dash, flying beside Fluttershy as the two walked toward Ponyville square. The blue Pegasus had a look of anticipation on her face not unlike that which Rarity dons when she engages in gossip. Fluttershy, however, had a look of gentle content present on her face. It was a rather nice day out.

“Oh, not bad at all,” spoke Fluttershy, a slight bounce in her step, “It was actually quite lovely.” Rainbow Dash was stricken with surprise. She had expected the hoo-man to wolf down all of her food and poop on the carpet.

“You can’t be serious,” she said, planting a hoof firmly on her snout.

“I am. Mr Wolfe engages in some very nice conversation, once you get him out if his shell.”

“He didn’t clear out your whole kitchen? The guy looked starved to the bone!” Rainbow landed in front of Fluttershy, causing her to halt her stride.

“He actually ate very little. Even when I offered him some meat.”

“He’s probably biding his time to eat it all when you’re asleep,” said Rainbow, flapping her wings and hovering above the ground once again.

“Rainbow? Aren’t you the Element of Loyalty--” began Fluttershy, but Rainbow cut her off.

“Loyalty is earned, Shy. Not handed out.”

“No offense,” whispered Fluttershy, “B-but you’re the only one of us who doesn’t like Robert.”

“Only one?!” shouted Rainbow, “Did you even hear Luna yesterday?!”

“Actually,” said Fluttershy with newfound confidence, “We received a letter from Luna last night. She apologized for how she acted and was very mature about the matter.”

“And you’re saying I’m not mature?” asked Rainbow, flying close to Fluttershy’s face. The timid Pegasus’ confident demeanor vanished as she shrunk under Dash’s glare.

“I-I-I never said that. . . I was just saying--”

“What? What were you saying?”

“That. . . u-um. . . That you should give Robert a chance. . .”

“You take care of the animals, Shy, not me,” said Rainbow, turning away slightly. With a sideways glance at Fluttershy, she continued, “I seem to be the only one that sees the risks here. I’m looking out for you girls here.” And with that, she took off into the sky. Fluttershy watched as her friend flapped into the distant sky and out of sight. With a long sigh, she continued her trek toward Ponyville, only now with a darker demeanor.

---

A soft chime echoed throughout the empty boutique as Rarity worked on an article of clothing. She glanced through a pair of red glasses at a recently finished sketch on a large table, then back to her work, marking a future cut line. The sketch was that of a purple jacket designed for a certain bipedal alien. She glanced back at the sketch, then to her half-finished jacket, and up into her thoughts. Tapping her chin with the pencil and glaring back at her work, she finally spoke.

“Yes, violet is definitely his color,” she mumbled, and went back to work. A knock was heard at the door. “One moment, please!” Rarity called out. Tying off her current string, she stepped back and looked at the jacket. A large emblemized “R” on the front pocket. Nodding at her work, she discarded her glasses on the table and scurried toward the front door. She opened it with her magic to find one of her best friends standing there, Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy, dear!” said Rarity, stepping aside to allow her friend in, “You haven’t dropped by in a while!”

“I haven’t had the chance,” muttered Fluttershy, stepping in, “I’m sorry.”

“Think nothing of it, darling. So,” Rarity said, laying on her large red sofa as Fluttershy sat in a velvet chair, “What brings you by this lovely morning?”

“I wanted to talk to you about Robert.”

“Oh, how is he? I must say, his human form is a very interesting one to work around. I hope he didn’t mind my measuring last night. It did get ghastly awkward.”

“He’s fine. He said he didn’t mind too much as long as he didn’t have to walk around in a blanket.”

“So, dear, what is it you wanted to discuss?”

“What do you think of him? Of Robert?”

“Well,” said Rarity slowly. The Unicorn looked to the wall, then at the floor. “It’s a tad early to tell. I did just meet him yesterday. He certainly seemed very nice, if a bit quiet. What do you think of him?”

“He’s extremely distraught. It took me hours to get him to talk.”

“That’s fairly understandable. He was ripped from his homeworld.”

“He’s very sweet. Angel only tried to beat him up a little.”

“Well, that’s. . . something, I suppose.”

“Robert told me about his life. He lived in a city called Binghamton in a place called New York.”

“Did he have a job?”

“Oh yes. He worked at a children’s restaurant called. . . um, I think it was called Chester Cheese. He was a security guard. But he quit for some reason.”

“A security guard, eh? Interesting,” said Rarity, peeking into her work room, the door of which was slightly ajar. She could see the unfinished jacket.

“By the way, um, did you finish his clothes?”

“Oh yes,” said Rarity, lighting her horn in a blue aura. A neatly folded stack of clothes floated toward Fluttershy. “Here they are.” Each article floated into the Pegasus’ lap as Rarity called them out. “One white cotton shirt with short sleeves, one black cotton shirt with long sleeves. One blue cotton shirt with long sleeves, one red silk shirt, three pairs of cotton underwear, three pairs of polyester leggings. One pair of red silk leggings. Two pairs of leather shoes.”

“Um, Rarity? This is all very lovely, but Robert didn’t ask for most of this.”

“And let him walk around in one clothing set for weeks? Pishaw! You tell Mr Wolfe he can expect another set in just a few more days.” With a soft giggle, Fluttershy stood up and placed the clothing on her back, unfurling her wings a bit to steady the stack.

“I should go. It was wonderful to drop by again.”

“And it was lovely to have you again. We really should visit the spa again soon.” Rarity kissed her friend on both of her cheeks and escorted her out. Fluttershy trotted toward her cottage as Rarity waved to her.

---

Fluttershy was in front of the stream in front of her cottage when she was stopped suddenly by a force landing in front of her at a high velocity. The wind that followed the entity knocked the stack of clothes clean off her back and all over the ground, unfolded, wrinkled, and muddy. Some even went in the stream. Fluttershy gasped as she reached for the clothes. A familiar voice called out to her.

“Hey Fluttershy! I just thought of something that’ll really freak ponies out. Double. Sonic Rainboom,” Rainbow Dash said with a brash smile. She watched as her friend didn’t respond, but fumbled with the clothes on the ground. “Oh jeez,” Rainbow muttered, looking away, “Really sorry ‘bout that. Need some help?”

Fluttershy continued to pick up the now dirty and wet clothes. She sighed very quietly.

“No, no. I-I can get it.”

“Cool,” said Rainbow, flapping into the air, “So like I was sayin’. . . Say, who’s clothes are those? Sorry for getting ‘em wet.”

“They’re, um. . . Robert’s. . .”

“Oh,” said Rainbow, floating into a lounged position, “So it’s no big deal.”

Fluttershy froze a bit. For whatever reason, that remark made her blood run cold. The fact that Rainbow was flat out bullying Robert now was striking to her. She couldn’t help but feel betrayed by Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy couldn’t bring herself to respond.

“Why are we giving that thing clothes anyway? It’s an ape, right?”

“He,” Fluttershy said, picking up the last article of clothing, “Is a human. And humans require clothes.”

“Isn’t evolution supposed to make you better in the wild? Not worse?”

“It’s complicated, Rainbow.” Fluttershy was beginning to feel incredibly agitated by Rainbow’s stubbornness.

“Jeez, Fluttershy,” said Rainbow, tapping Fluttershy’s wing, “What’s the big deal? That thing’s only been here a day.” Fluttershy had had enough. In a flash, the clothes were on the ground again and Fluttershy’s wings were flapping. She was in Rainbow’s face, but was flying above the ground.

Enough!!” Fluttershy yelled, “Robert is not a ‘thing!’ He is not an ‘it!’ He is a living breathing species, just like you and me! So stop treating him like an animal!” Fluttershy landed firmly on the ground and was walking toward Rainbow. Rainbow had a look of fright on her face, and was backing up slowly. “Maybe if you actually talked to him instead of judging him because of how he looks, you might learn something!” Fluttershy stopped walking. Rainbow’s ears were flat against her head. After a few moments of silence, Fluttershy took another step forward.

“Rainbow. . . I’m sorry. . .” Before she could say anything else, Rainbow Dash flew into the sky towards her home. Fluttershy could only watch as her friend disappeared into the blue afternoon sky. Fluttershy plopped onto her rear, hung her head, and began to cry softly.

What she didn’t see was a figure standing behind a slightly open door. The figure sighed, ducked his head, and closed the door, muttering a single, solitary question to himself. . .