• Published 19th May 2012
  • 12,254 Views, 484 Comments

The Rule of King Cocoon of the Changelings - Hooves Like Jagger



A human finds himself in Equestria as the monarch of a changeling swarm.

  • ...
67
 484
 12,254

To Whomever It May Concern...

Prologue
To Whomever It May Concern...

If you're reading this, it means that you're a human. At least, it means you were once a human, but maybe you still are. One thing is for sure though: you've been displaced. This is not Earth. This is not Kansas. This is not even Sparta. This is Equestria. If you know what that is, I'm sure you're very excited. If you don't know what it is, just know that the sentient beings here are ponies.

Your current location is just below the city of Canterlot, capitol city of Equestria and home of their monarch Princess Celestia. It's just a short hike from here to the main road that takes you right into the city. The city is huge, so you really can't miss it. If you are a species of creature that isn't terribly threatening looking, i.e. pony, unicorn, pegasus, gryphon, diamond dog, minotaur, or human, feel free to visit. Unfortunately, I've been changed into a creature that would make stepping into pony society in Celestia's broad daylight tantamount to suicide.

However, if you choose to forgo the big city, there are plenty other options out there. You could follow the river and train tracks south to Ponyville, travel due west for several days and end up in Appleloosa, or head to Manehattan in the north-east. I've chiseled signposts like this in different places across Equestria, hoping to help anybody who ends up in my situation. English is spoken here, but the written language is way different. I was surprised to find that out, but there are far more surprising things in this world than the difference in writing.

If you're reading this, I urge you to seek me out. We don't belong here, and we should not continue to dwell here. If we combine our efforts, I'm sure we'll be able to find a way back to our homes. I've been here for quite some time, but I haven't been successful thus far. Granted, I've been a bit distracted, but survival is as necessary as escape. It would be good to have help, so I am constantly on the lookout for humans as well.

If a changeling swarm attacks or captures you, tell them you are a human. Your safety will be guaranteed and they will bring you to me. Together we will find a way out of this place. If the thought of teaming up with changelings is not desirable to you, I issue this warning:

Abandon any foolish ambitions or fancies you have for this world. Do not seek out the Elements of Harmony. Do not seek out Princess Celestia. If you step forth to oppose me, knowing I am a human, I will not hesitate to devour your being.

Sincerely,

Cocoon, King of the Changelings