• Published 29th May 2015
  • 694 Views, 15 Comments

Captain Obvious - Ross Grimm



Ross Grimm is nervous over a specific girl he bumps into in the hallways of Canterlot High.

  • ...
5
 15
 694

Mr. Friendly

"Make some friends? In a primarily female setting." Ross paused to collect himself, pulling his long hair into a ponytail, "Mom must be insane." He quickly shook it off and headed down the street.

On sight of him, Rarity smiled. And Ross immediately panicked, "Words Ross. Use words." He thought in a desperate attempt to keep calm. To no avail.

"Good morning, darling!" She greeted with her personal style. The sound of "Darling" made Ross even more nervous.

Ross stuttered and sputtered like an old car on it's last legs. Rarity laughed at his feeble attempt to speak, she was quick to urge him against speaking and "Let his actions do his talking". Ross loved the sound of that.

"I simply love the ponytail, darling." She smiled and gave it a slight swat, watching it sway like a willow in the wind.

The rest of the day was monotonous for the both of them. Class, Lunch, More Class, Go Home. Until Ross was almost out the door that is.

"Hey, Lover boy!" One of the girls Rarity was with spoke and laughed aloud at his quick blush. Her remark was met with a quick slap on her bicep by Rarity.

"Rainbow Dash!" Rarity called the girl's name as Ross nearly tripped over himself to get out of the door.

Upon arriving on his street a familiar voice greeted him, "Wait, Ross!" Rarity called after him.

Ross winced and stopped dead in his tracks, he knew what that blush of his told her. Rainbow Dash was right. And now she knew it as much as he did. Ross turned on a dime, hiding behind the mountain of hair on his head. "Y-yes?" He stuttered and looked away.

"Ross." She said now face-to-face with him, "Look at me." He did as she ordered. "Okay. I need you to listen to me." She stopped and caught her breath before speaking again. "You like me?" She said and he froze, he slowly nodded, looking away again. "Well. If you're not going to listen, then you don't deserve good news." She said faking a huff and crossing her arms, grabbing his attention. "Now that you're listening. You're a sweet guy, Ross," He winced internally, normally the word "sweet" is the opposite of good with a girl, "And I'm willing to give you a shot, Ross. If what Rainbow Dash said is true."

"It is!" Ross spoke without thinking, he began to speak from his heart. But it felt different, like he wasn't piloting his body. He felt himself say that he loved her and stopped himself, snapping back into control.

"Well then, Ross Grimm. You're a cutie. And you know how to speak to a lady." She paused and laughed again, "Sometimes."

Ross excitedly jumped from bed the next morning, slicking his hair back and watching it immediately go back to it's normal position. "Ugh... I hate my hair." He flicked the lights on in his room and had an idea. "Why not braid it?" He quickly braided his hair and walked outside, taking a deep breath. "I don't know how that all happened, but I'm excited!" He rushed to meet Rarity at the spot they normally bump into each other. When he saw her he spoke again to her without his nerves interfering. "Rarity! Hello! How're you?" He smiled widely.

"Hello, Ross. I'm fine, Darling. How are you?" For some reason that "Darling" felt different. In a good way.

"I am lovely. Not as much as you of course." He complemented her, watching her be the one to blush for a change.

"Aren't you just Mr. Friendly today?" Rarity smiled and they continued their walk a bit closer to each other than usual.

Author's Note:

This is most DEFINITELY a test chapter... I still have no clue how fast this stuff should progress... I hope you like it.

Comments ( 8 )

For one, you spelt Friend wrong. And....it's a test chapter that's for sure...

6210810
Oi...I have no idea what I'm doing here. A touch of guidance would be nice. No need to just hash out judgement, bro.

6210819 I wasn't trying to. Sorry if I was harsh......

Dick I am.

Will you forgive me?

6210876
Of course! I wrote that LATE last night. I am GOING to write that chapter off. I have a few ideas how.

6211963 I am sorry. I wasn't trying to be harsh or make you look bad.

I was just trying to say that you spelt Friendly wrong. That's all. *facepalms* :facehoof:

Idiot I am.

great chapter, even if it is a test chapter. I think it's progressing nicely, a little fast, but still good

6214490 yes, I mean it's still better than what can do.

Login or register to comment