• Published 27th May 2015
  • 372 Views, 0 Comments

Luna's Descent - X3n0heart



What really happened between Luna and Celestia and how the birth of Nightmare Moon came forth. Told by the Princess of the Night herself.

  • ...
0
 0
 372

Chapter 6

It was strange being trapped inside another pony only able to look out through their eyes, not having the feeling of hunger or sleep but pain was very real in this unreal place I find myself in. It seemed like an eternity as I watched her go about with royal assertiveness all the time the other ponies being to afraid to stand up to her or say anything back to her. She didn't seem to tire or even falter as the day or should I say night carried on as she enjoyed her new role more and more.

Only about a day passed before the first rays of hope arrived as Nightmare Moon watched the Princess of the Sun stride her way through the main gates and into the main hall before leaving her line of sight. I never felt more happier in my life than I did at that moment when I watched Celestia arrive but at the same time feeling anger and disgust for all the times she brushed me off or ignored me when I needed her. As Nightmare Moon made her way back into the throne room and sat upon Celestia's chair as she carefully watched the doors waiting for the Princess to walk through them at any moment.

She didn't have to wait for long as I watched that recognizable yellow glow surround both doors as they casually opened before my sister as she strode through the room stopping right at the steps that led up to the throne. I noticed she had a serious look in her eyes as she silently stared at the alicorn sitting in front of her. I could feel Nightmare Moon start to get bored with her as she finally spoke breaking the silence that filled the room.

"Good evening, Celestia." she said smiling down at my sister. When Celestia didn't reply she went on, "What? No: hi, hello, how are you?" Nightmare Moon teased as the look on Celestia's face hardened as she finally spoke.

"Where is my sister? What have you done with Luna?" I have never seen her like this. It was almost scary at how serious my sister could be when she puts her whole heart into something.

"What?" Nightmare Moon gave a mock gasp before continuing, "you don't even recognize your own sister?" She got to her hooves and slowly walked down the stairs and past Celestia, rubbing her tail across her face. Pushing it away in annoyance, Celestia understood what she meant as her eyes caught her cutie mark. It was similar to Luna's but slightly different in shape and position. Quickly turning her attention back to Nightmare Moon's face she growled between clenched teeth.

"Give me back my sister."

"She's right here in front of you." she waved a hoof casually back at Celestia.

"Luna! I'm here now. Luna can you hear me?" she called out staring at Nightmare Moon. Yes, yes I can hear you! I shouted as I tried to force myself to say but to no avail. I tried everything in my power to get anything out to my sister but it was useless. Nightmare Moon had complete control now and there was nothing I could do.

"Ahahahaha! Give it up Celestia. Luna is gone and it's all thanks to you." she said as she started to circle Celestia.

"What do you mean by that?" she asked as she watched the dark alicorn carefully. I kept shouting that it wasn't her fault and to not listen to her but it was like I had no voice.

"YOU are the one that wouldn't listen. YOU are the one that would always push her away when she tried to talk to her. YOU are the one that always received the love and praise from every pony." I watched as the words drove home and Celestia's face softened slightly as Nightmare Moon was speaking the truth. She continued to circle my sister as she continued, driving each and every point deeper and harder into her that she was at the point of breaking. Yet the only thing I could still do was watch.

"And YOU are the one that created me when Luna had no pony to turn to." Nightmare Moon stopped in front of Celestia almost muzzle to muzzle as I could see sadness and pain in Celestia's eyes as she sat back onto her haunches not really knowing what to say for everything that was just said was true. Yes, my sister got all the ponies' worship and praise and not a second thought was given to the Princess of the Night as she watched over every pony in their sleep. I could see that it hurt my sister deeply as she looked into my eyes searching for something to say as if the words hung just on the edge of her tongue yet not a sound came forth.

"Now that the Princess of the Night is gone and soon the Princess of the Day," Nightmare Moon continued as she turned away from Celestia taking a few steps towards the throne, "I shall rule over all of Equestria and there will be eternal night forever."

"No!"

"Excuse me?" Nightmare Moon stopped suddenly and looked over her shoulder at the now composed Celestia getting back on all four hooves.

"No!" she repeated which made her clench her jaw as she turned to completely face the white alicorn glaring deadly at her. "I believe Luna is still in there somewhere and I WILL save her from you." Celestia stated as she stomped a hoof into the ground.

"You think you can beat me?" Nightmare Moon challenged as she slowly stepped towards my sister. There was a glimmer of hope in her eyes which made me cheer for her as she stood her ground.

"I will beat you, no matter what." she stated once again and this seemed to push Nightmare Moon over the edge as she charged up magical energy into her horn and shot a solid beam at my sister. Celestia was quicker though and flew out of the way as the beam struck a pillar destroying part of it which caused it to fall to the ground. As i watched my sister turn gracefully in the air she had her own magic powered up and shot her own beam back. Nightmare Moon was able to get out of the way as it stuck the ground right behind her leaving a nasty scorch mark.

The magic my sister wielded was incredible. Yeah I know she raised the sun every morning but to see it like this, in the heat of battle, defending what she believes in...it was simply amazing. Around and around they few barely missing each other as the throne room took a beating. It wasn't until the last supporting pillar was destroyed and the roof started to come down on both of them that they finally took the fight outside.

"You are pathetic, Celestia." Nightmare Moon called down at her as she hovered above catching her breath. "Is this all the power the mighty Princess of the Sun has?" I felt her laughter shake her body as she was smiling down upon my sister who seemed to look slightly worried about something. Is it true? Is this all that she has? I echoed the questions as Nightmare Moon fired off another beam of magic as she flew towards my sister.

I could see that Celestia was getting slower and slower by the minute as if she was running out of energy as Nightmare Moon continued her relentless assault. I knew that if she didn't do something soon that the next blast from her would hit my sister and I feared the worst. It was not long before I was right and as Nightmare moon fired off a quick volley of magical beams two of them hit her and sent her spinning down towards the ruined castle leaving a big dust cloud as she hit a nearby wall which crumbled on top of her. Oh no! I gasped as I could hear Nightmare Moon's laughter ring out over the mostly destroyed castle. There was no pony left for they all fled, half due to Celestia's warning and the other half when the fighting had started.

As the smoke and dust started to clear there was a slight movement as Celestia pushed some rocks off of her before looking up with a sadness that wasn't there before. What is she doing? I thought as I yelled for her to run out of there. Nightmare Moon continued to laugh as she watched Celestia slowly get to her hooves all the time never taking her eyes off of her. As the dark alicorn began to charge one last final blast she spoke loudly down to my sister.

"It is time, Celestia. Time to say good bye!" I knew that this much magical energy stored up and released would surely finish off Celestia and I screamed and begged at Nightmare Moon to stop and spare my sister as all I could do is watch in horror as she released every bit of her magic in a huge beam which covered that whole area that Celestia was standing in with such a force that everything turned white and all sound seemed to just fade away.

Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion. Nightmare Moon hovered there, wings barely moving as the beam of magic continued to rain down on Celestia but she wasn't there. She was hovering just right below Nightmare Moon with that same sad look in her eyes as I noticed that she also had the Elements of Harmony with her. Only one thought crossed my mind as she closed her eyes and softly said, "Good bye..." before everything went completely dark.

The last images I saw was Celestia laying on the ground with the Elements scattered around her before being thrust far from home out of Equestria and into an unknown darkness that not even my thoughts made a sound. I was cold and couldn't see anything as it just felt like I was drifting, no control of my body or where I was headed in this everlasting darkness.