• Published 23rd May 2015
  • 5,663 Views, 216 Comments

Somewhere over the Rainbow Dash - SuicidalAngel

  • ...
8
 216
 5,663

Chapter 12

Soarin walked slowly towards Rainbow's house. He honestly had no idea what he was gonna say to her. Despite the fact that he wanted answers, he really didn't want to ask Rainbow if she was going out with Speedy. He would seem desperate or jealous; when he wasn't. A-actually yes...yes he was. But Rainbow couldn't know that, especially if she didn't feel the same way, he would be humiliated. Not to mention crushed completely. He clang on to the idea that maybe Thunderlane was right...maybe she did like him. Still, he tried not to get his hopes up. This was a huge step he was taking. He wasn't sure how to feel about it. Nevertheless, he gulped as he turned the final corner onto Rainbow's street.

He knocked softly on the door, hoping no one was home. It almost seemed like luck was in his favor for a few seconds until, to his dismay, the door opened revealing Blitz. He looked at Soarin suspiciously, making Soarin a bit uncomfortable. "Hello... brother," he said finally. Soarin gulped.

"D-did you mean that as a s-slang or something else?" Soarin asked, shaking in fear. And nerves.

"I'll let you figure that one out on your own..." Blitz replied in a slightly harsh voice. "What are you doing here?"

Soarin's hands trembled as he fit them in his pocket. "I just need to talk to your sister..."

Blitz looked at him for a few seconds, building tension between the two. "About...?" He stared as Soarin looked down at his shoes, hoping that he was joking and hadn't literally asked him what he wants to talk about with Rainbow.

No. He needed to be confident. He wanted Rainbow, he had to ignore all distractions. He glanced at Blitz for a bit, then took a deep breath. "I want to ask her to be my girlfriend." Blitz's eyes widened.

"W-what?"

Soarin looked at Blitz in the eyes. "I want to ask Rainbow Dash to be my girlfriend. Can I come in?"

Biltz shook head a few times, he tried to regain his image and just let him through. "Thanks bro," Soarin said smirking.

"Pfft. Whatever..." Blitz replied. He layed on the couch and watched as Soarin climbed up to his sister's room.

He reached the end of the stairs and knocked happily on her door, some of his anxiety leaving him. Rainbow slowly opened the door and saw him standing there. He couldn't even say hi before she slammed the door on his face. He blinked...had Rainbow really just slammed a door...to him? He felt hurt, but remained there hoping she would open the door again.

Meanwhile, Rainbow was on the other side of the door failing to regain her composure. She felt like crying even though she had no idea what he was gonna say to her. But he was here, that's what was important. He was here trying to talk to her. She couldn't push him away, or their friendship wouldn't be the same. Even though she knew things were probably already different.

She jerked the door open, he was still standing there. Relieved, she stepped aside to let him in. He walked in staring at her as she stared back. "Hey..." She said softly. His eyes widened slightly. He could tell she wanted to say more, she just couldn't find the words. She had the most curious, but scared, expression he had ever seen.

Even then, he couldn't deny feeling the same way. He wanted to be confident but, he couldn't. Not with all of their feelings on the line. "Hey..." Soarin replied. She faked a cough, he chuckled a bit. Both stood in silence for what seemed like an eternity. "Why is this awkward, this isn't supposed to be awkward..." he said chuckling. He had hoped she would find it funny but she remained quiet. Rainbow hid behind her hair in a manner similar to Fluttershy's. "So..." They continued in silence. This wasn't playing out as he had intended it to, but what could he do, he had to do something. Soarin couldn't take it anymore, he had to ask her. At this point, he didn't care if he seemed desperate, he was and he needed answers. "Since when have you and Speedy-"

"SHUT IT!" Dash yelled suddenly. Soarin stepped back a little, slightly taken by her sudden outburst. "Why are you here?" Soarin was now a bit terrified, but nonetheless he walked over to her bed and sat down. He then motioned Dash to sit next to him but she remained standing where she was and it didn't seem like she was moving anytime soon.

Soarin sighed and looked at her with a guilty expression. He shouldn't be springing this on her, yet here he was. "Rainbow...I...I just wanted to make sure you were ok," he answered softly. "I saw you with Speedy earlier and Rarity told me you weren't feeling well so..." he lied.

"I'm fine," she said quietly. Soarin smiled knowingly, confusing her.

"You tend to forget I have a sister, don't you?" She blushed slightly. "What's really wrong?"

Rainbow looked at him for a while before looking away and shielding her face. "Speedy asked me out..." Soarin's eyelids fell as he resisted frowning. A pang of jealousy hit him, he imagined what it would be like for his lifelong crush to be dating another. And he helped. Rainbow quickly sensed his discomfort and smiled a bit . "But I ...declined..." she said looking at him. Immediately, his face lit up. All his negative emotions seemed to wash out of him and were replaced almost instantly with joy.

"YES!" He said jumping up. Rainbow smiled and walked over to where he was. Meanwhile he was jumping up and down in excitement. He took a mere look at the rainbow haired girl in front on him and picked her up, placing his lips on hers. Rainbow Dash's eyes widened, she was wrapped in his arms as he kissed her, she felt as if she was going to explode. She closed her eyes and kissed him back, caressing his hair with her fingers. He pulled away, leaving her still in awe.

"WOOHOOO! IknewitIknewitIknewitIknewit!" she yelled. While she jumped around her room in the most adorable manner, Soarin couldn't help but smile...and blush even more. Rainbow stopped and ran over to him, pinning him on the bed. They both stared into each other deeply, peace finally reaching their thoughts.

He looked into her eyes dreamly, everything currently happening felt like a dream come true. "So...we're girlfriend and boyfriend now?" Soarin asked timidly, getting a smirk from Rainbow.

"I don't recall you asking me..." she teased. Soarin rolled his eyes and smiled.

"Rainbow Danger Dash, would you like to be my girlfriend?" he asked. Rainbow grinned and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "I'll take that as a yes." He chuckled and caressed her hair softly, Dash still on top of him.

"OH GAWD, FINALLY!" Blitz yelled from the other side of the door. Rainbow rolled her eyes at her brother and kept a mental note to strangle him for spying on her.

She drew her attention back to the guy beneath her. After so much awkwardness, he was finally hers, not saying the awkwardness was gone for good though. He flashed her that dorky smile she adored and she grinned back, earning a chuckle from him. She rested her head on his chest and sighed. "So...what do we do know?" she asked softly. Soarin put his hand on top of her head.

"First off, I think we gotta tell our parents," Soarin replied. Rainbow's eyes widened.


Spectrum looked around his room confused. "Honey, where's Rainbow Dash?" Firefly looked away from her laundry and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Well, I don't know sweety, I'm assuming she's in her room. Why?" Firefly asked. Spectrum's face became more serious.

"I feel disturbance in the force..."


Author's Note:

So....this happened.



Next chapter will be up sooner, I promise.