• Published 21st May 2015
  • 6,195 Views, 98 Comments

What one can't have? - Miralusa



Can Sunset Shimmer have a princess and make it work from different realities. Can she have what one can't?

  • ...
24
 98
 6,195

S.O.S

Author's Note:

Sorry this chapter took a bit longer than normal I haven't had the time to write in the past week. Hopefully this chapter makes up for that, because it will be the last chapter until at least Thursday maybe even later than that depending on the circumstances. I really like the support I have been getting from you guys, don't be afraid to comment though I would love to hear what you think of the story. So anyways R and R, and as always I will see you... In the next chapter, enjoy!

Chapter 5
S.O.S

Sunset and her friends walked through the hallways after the weird encounter in the cafeteria. “I’m really hoping that principal Celestia can help us,” Sunset stated as Rainbow Dash kicked a ball past them.

“Don’t worry, Sunset as soon as she hears about this I’m sure Celestia will shut those three down. The last thing she needs is another power crazy maniac trying to take over the school!” Applejack replied and then remembered who she was talking to. “No offense,” she added awkwardly.

“None taken,” Sunset said exasperated.

“You’ve got nothing to worry about, it’s all gonna be good. And then we can get back to making my band the best it can be,” Rainbow stated balancing a ball on her head. The rest of the group shot a glare at her. The group arrived at the door to the office.

“Here we go, girls,” Sunset stated and opened the door.

“So your telling me that these girls are using dark magic?” Principal Celestia asked peering through the closed blinds of her office window.

“Yes, we all saw it and can attest to that fact,” Rarity responded immediately.

“I don’t think I believe you in this circumstance. In fact myself and vice-principal Luna talked to them not too long ago and they were an absolute delight. They even played a little song for us as well.” Celestia replied while taking a seat at her desk.

“Oh no…” Sunset murmured.

“Maybe Sunset Shimmer is just trying to make someone else out to be the bad element so that people will forget about her misdeeds.” Luna cut in before anyone else could talk.

“It’s not like that at all!” Sunset said trying to defuse the situation.

“Maybe you should be focusing on the battle of the bands competition, since you now have the dazzlings to contend with,” Celestia replied completely ignoring Sunsets comment.

“The dazzlings?” Fluttershy asked confused.

“Battle of the bands?” Applejack asked.

“It’s the name of their group, and as for the battle of the bands they also suggested it to us and we thought it was a wonderful idea,” Celestia added and hers and Luna’s eyes glowed a sickly green.

Mind control, Sunset thought. “Well I’m sure that’ll be great, sorry for taking up so much of your time,” Sunset said suddenly and started pushing her friends out of the room.

“Sunset…” Pinkie started trying to stop herself.

“Trust me,” Sunset whispered back and waved towards Celestia and Luna.

“What was all that about, Sunset?” Applejack asked and scratched her head in confusion.

“They’ve been brainwashed, why didn’t I pick up on it sooner,” Sunset replied and ran a hand through her hair and placed a hand on her hip. “I feel like I should be remembering something though… Something really important,” she added trying to remember.

“If only we had a way to contact Twilight, she would know what to do,” Fluttershy said holding her arm nervously. Sunset gasped. “Wait… I didn’t mean to make you upset,” she added in fear of having to fend off another fit of tears from Sunset. Sunset stepped towards Fluttershy.

“Thank you, Fluttershy!” Sunset said and hugged Fluttershy tightly.

“No… problem…” Fluttershy managed as she was having the air squeezed out of her. “Sunset… Can’t… breathe,” she added trying to escape the hold.

“Oh right sorry,” Sunset quickly released her friend from the vice grip that she had clamped on her.

“Care to share with the class?” Rainbow asked confused at Sunsets sudden outburst.

“Follow me,” Sunset said simply and started running down the hallway. Her friends looked at each other in confusion but then simply shrugged their shoulders and followed suit shortly after.

Sunset opened her locker and started searching through a box that looks like it hasn’t been searched in for a very long while.

“Here it is,” Sunset pulled out a dusty book that was adorned with her cutie mark on the cover. “Let’s hope it still works,” she added with uncertainty.

“It’s a book, darling what do you mean still works?” Rarity asked confused.

“When I was a pupil under Celestia back in Equestria she gave me this book. It was meant to be that whenever I wrote in this book the words would appear in another book in Canterlot.” Sunset stated opening the book to a blank page. “If I can write a letter to Celestia she could get a message to… Twilight,” she added in a mixture of both happiness and sadness. I can’t believe I didn’t think of this before.

“So what are you waiting for, start writing,” Rainbow stated and handed Sunset a pen. “We ‘all’ know you want to see her again,” she added with a knowing smile. Sunset looked at her friends and smiled.

“It’s been awhile since I’ve had to write these words,” Sunset stated with a deep breath and started writing, Dear Princess Celestia…

Twilight, Rarity and Discord sat in the castle that had been granted to Twilight by the tree of Harmony for defeating Tirek. they were going about their daily business. Suddenly Fluttershy came barreling through the door with Applejack and Pinkie Pie following along closely. Twilight perked up. “Any news on Spike?” Twilight asked hoping her friend was ok.

“Nopony’s seen head nor tail of the little critter,” Applejack replied hanging her head low.

“None of the friendlier animals in the Everfree Forest have seen him either,” Fluttershy stated out of breath.

“I checked in all of his normal hiding spots again and there's nothing,” Pinkie said visibly sad about not finding Spike sooner. Rarity started to work a lot more aggressively on her dress to distract herself from the bad news.

“We’ll find him guys, don’t worry,” Twilight said trying to calm everyone down. “Where’s Rainbow Dash?” Twilight asked looking around.

“She’s flying towards the window right now,” Pinkie Pie said not even looking in that direction.

“What?!?” Twilight exclaimed.

“Incoming!” Rainbow could be heard yelling. Discord snapped his fingers and the window opened. Rainbow Dash flew full speed through the window and crashed into the mailman with a large cart in tow full of books that had just walked into the castle. The books went flying everywhere and covered the floor. One hit Twilight in the head and knocked her over.

Twilight shook her head and was about to scold Rainbow for crashing into things… again, when she noticed the book that just hit her was glowing and vibrating. Why is it doing that? Twilight thought and picked up the book with her magic and flicked through the pages to find a letter there addressed from… “Sunset…” Twilight whispered in disbelief and read the letter quickly. Although it was addressed to Celestia it was obviously meant for her. Her friends were quickly bickering amongst each other about Rainbows carelessness.

“Oh no!” Twilight stated and shut the book.

“What is it, Twilight?” Fluttershy asked and the bickering immediately stopped.

“Sunset and my friends from Canterlot high are in trouble,” Twilight stated.

Twilight removed a book from one of her shelves. “Sirens,” Twilight said simply.

“Ohhh,” Pinkie Pie said and then leaned over to Fluttershy. “I have no idea what that is,” She whispered to her.

“They were creatures of great power that existed in the time before Equestria. They would use their magic and their beautiful singing to make everyone turn on each other and cause chaos amongst,” Twilight stated while going through the book.

“That’s my thing!” Discord exclaimed with a huff and crossed his arms to signify he was pouting. “So unoriginal,” He added and spawned a storm cloud above him to express his emotions. This earned him a few laughs.

“They would feed of the chaos that occurred and it would make them stronger because of it,” Twilight stated continuing her explanation.

“Are you serious, they are just copying me!” Discord exclaimed in annoyance. “Even the beautiful singing voice… ‘Winter wrap, winter wrap up let’s finish our holiday cheer...’” He sung in an off key version of the song.

“Discord, we can have time for clowning around later ok?” Twilight stated it as more of a request than a question.

“Fine, I can wait,” Discord replied and snapped his fingers. Suddenly he was in a beach chair eating a coconut. Discord had been a source of comfort for Twilight since Spike had left, almost like a replacement for Spike, although nopony could ever replace Spike and she still regretted what happened between them.

“Where was I, ah, it wasn’t until one Starswirl the bearded banished them to another dimension where there magic would be nullified.” Twilight finished the explanation.

“So wait, Canterlot High is basically our toilet?” Rainbow asked pointing at the picture of the sirens being sucked into the different dimension.

“I guess so,” Twilight admitted feeling slightly bad for Canterlot High. “But enough about that, I have a plan.” She added and started moving things around and gathering various tools from around the castle.

“What’s she doing?” Pinkie asked.

“No idea,” Fluttershy replied.

“What is that?” Applejack asked looking at the machine that was now hooked up to the CHS portal.

“This is a way to reinforce the tether that connects our world to CHS. By using the the two books as a link I can reinforce the tether and make it so that I can pass through.” Twilight explained. Her friends looked at eachother with uncertainty and Applejack stepped forward.

“Sugarcube ah know you want to see Sunset again, but are ya sure you're right about this? The last time ya tried to just contact her landed your sister-in-law in the hospital,” Applejack stated with her usual honesty.

“Yes I know, but this time I know it will work you have to trust me,” Twilight replied and looked towards the portal.

“If you're sure then we’ll back you up no matter what,” Applejack said with a smile. Twilight smiled back and activated the machine by placing the book on the top part of the mechanism.

The portal shot to life much to Twilight's relief.

“Is there any chance that we might be able to join you this time?” Applejack asked.

“Sorry girls, but I doubt I’ll be able to explain why there’s suddenly two of everypony.” Twilight said with regret in her voice.

“We understand, darling,” Rarity replied with a smile.

“I can go can’t I?” Discord asked with a hopeful smile.

“I don’t see why not, I never met anyone like you while I was there,” Twilight said almost not believing it herself. Her friends then gave her a big group hug.

“Ready Discord?” Twilight asked as she set up for a sprint.

“Oh I can’t wait!” Discord replied and suddenly suitcases appeared in his hands and a pair of sunglasses appeared on his face. Twilight quickly rolled her eyes knowing full well that she was going to regret bringing him along. They began their run towards the portal and jumped through. I'm coming Sunset!