• Published 27th May 2015
  • 898 Views, 11 Comments

Ampped - Allonsy



Lightning. Electricity. Static. These are his specialties. Now? They are his true powers. Dr. Alxion is now a darkened resident of the Equestrian world, where two Equestria, near identical, sit side by side.

  • ...
4
 11
 898

Lightning meets Gravity

“I can’t believe it’s you, Dad,” Amelia sniffled, “They said you died. They even had a body.”

Alxion smiled, “Well, I’m alive aren’t I? So, no more worries.” He said this with a slight amount of worry. He had never told anyone his story.


Some Time Ago, On Earth

“Test 345. As with our other attempts, we are trying to create ball lightning,” Alxion said into the video camera. He then turned it towards a mass of machinery.

The machines crackled as they powered up, sparks arcing towards the center. Gradually, it began to form a ball. It got larger and larger, eventually no longer a ball but a ring.

“The attempt seems to have created another kind of lightning, an almost portal-like shimmer lies at the center of the ring,” Alxion leaned forward to get a better look, only to be thrown off guard as a hand pushed him into the ring. As the world began to fade, he heard a mirthless chuckle.


“Still, its impo-” Amelia’s eyes widened and blood stained her chest. “D-dad?”

Alxion could only stare in shock as she fell to the ground and a smaller version of Tirek grinned at him.

“So, thought I was dead you? No, that was merely a projection,” the centaur laughed, removing the spear from Amelia’s unconscious form.

Alxion’s eyes began to glow brighter. “You,” he closed them and screamed, “BASTARD!” As he said this, multiple bolts of lightning arced towards Tirek and blasted him back, which merely left him laughing.

“Looks like you’re in a pinch hm?” Tirek snickered before punching Alxion. Punch, after punch, after punch, Alxion was pushed back. “How about this?” Tirek kicked Alxion backwards, causing him to leave a slight trench in the ground.

“Damn,” Alxion coughed, “Looks like I can’t-” He was interrupted by a black diamond falling into his hand. “I am the protector of the innocent, warrior of the weak, call upon me for assistance and I shall come. Call for the Gravity Shifter and I will make those who harm others beg for mercy as they are crushed at my feet. Hold this gem close to thine heart and I shall be at your side as a fellow warrior!”
Alxion shrugged, “Worth a shot. GRAVITY SHIFTER ANSWER MY PLEA, I CALL FOR SOMEONE TO FIGHT ALONGSIDE ME!” He clutched the diamond.

A swirling black and red portal appeared overhead, a figure falling out and landing on their feet not too far from Alxion. It appeared to be a young female with long blonde hair, wearing a black jacket and khaki jeans. She stood up from her crouched position and… giggled?

“Haha! Yes! Stuck the landing! Woo! No more tumbling for this girl!”

“Haha. whatever. Evil centaur. Tried killing my daughter, fight,” Alxion dragged himself up and drew his sword, crackling with electricity. “Please.”

“Hmm?” she noticed them all, taking special notice to the young girl lying injured. Her eyes hardened, turning blood-red. She slowly turned to look at Tirek, an evil smirk appearing. “Oh, this is gonna be good.”

Alxion rolled his eyes, and sprinted forward, the new arrival following after him. “Make a small gravity well a few yards in front of him,” he said as he ran. She smirked, her hand glowing with a red and white aura.

“It’s all ready.”

Alxion swung the sword, two bolts arcing into the well, bending inwards as he jumped over the well and landed on the two bolts, as soon as he was close enough, he jumped up, swung the sword down, and flipped. The bolts, and a new third one from the sword came down like a whip into Tirek, throwing him back several hundred feet.

The woman appeared right behind Tirek, slamming her feet into his back and toppling him to the ground. “Heh, I haven’t felt this good about revenge since the first time I sealed away this connard.”

“Not even going to ask,” Alxion said as he sent out a bolt, riding it like a wind surfer, coming back around and jumping onto Tirek’s head backflipping off as the bolt strikes.

“Oh, we’ll get to that later,” she assured, grabbing Tirek’s horns. “It only gets weirder.” Almost too easily, she picked Tirek up by the horns and slammed him to the ground on his back.

Alxion jumped upwards and plunged the sword into Tirek’s chest as fast as a lightning bolt before absorbing all of the electricity from Tirek’s form. Again. He pulled out the sword and ran over to Amelia. “Lia-lee?”

Amelia’s face was ghost white and she was shivering, “D-daddy?”

“Yes dear?” Alxion’s eyes were filled with tears.

“What, what happened?”

“You were stabbed, we need to get you to the hospital,” Alxion said.

The woman came up to them and held out a strange, green crystal. “Here, use this. Just crush it and sprinkle the dust over her.”

Alxion nodded and crushed it, sprinkling it lightly all over Amelia’s form. Before their eyes, the wound mended itself within seconds, completely healing Amelia. “I’ve got to get some of those,” Alxion murmurred.

The woman smiled before looking at Amelia. “How are you feeling, young one?”

Amelia’s color had returned, “Better. much better.”

“Glad to hear it. I’m not letting a child die on my watch,” she turned away and muttered something under her breath.

Alxion turned around and held out his hand, “Thank you. I’m Dr. Thaddeus Alxion and this is my daughter Amelia.”

She nodded in return. “Well met, good doctor and child. I am Kat Shifter, Gravity incarnate.”

“Now, what was that comment about “revenge the first time” all about?” Alxion asked.

“Oh, I dealt with Tirek about twelve hundred years ago back home. He was a real connard. Threw him into the depths of Tartarus myself.”

“Back home?” Alxion raised an eyebrow.

“In my home universe. You know, parallels? Alternates? All that merde and more.”

“Yes, of course. Its called the Multiverse Theory. You mean to tell me you’re from another universe?” Alxion asked.

“Of course! We all are!”

“ ‘We’ meaning? I know you don’t mean everyone. The way it was said implies some sort of grouping.”

Kat reached into her jacket and pulled out a book. “‘We’ as in the Displaced.” She opened the book and displayed the pages, each showing world after world after world. “There’s hundreds of us, coming from different worlds, alternate Earths, forgotten universes, etcetera. And each and everyone one of us call an Equestria home. Or at least, most of us do.” She slammed the book shut.

Alxion winced. “I sense some tension, what’s wrong?”

“Oh, some of us just don’t stay in our Equestrias. Some become Void dwellers, or others like me who get exiled and banished.”

“Well, you seem nice enough, you can stay here as long as you like or return at any time.”

“That’s most appreciated, but I won’t need to stay long.” She winked. “Free spirit after all.”

“Fair enough, anyways, we should really get her to her house,” Alxion gestured at the sleeping Amelia.

“Would you like some help with that?” Kat asked, levitating Amelia into the air.

“Thank you,” Alxion nodded.

“Just show me where we need to go.”


Kat gently lowered Amelia into her bed, pulling the covers up and over her body. “There we are, nice cozy,” she gently whispered.

Alxion held the door open and waited for Kat to exit the room. She came out a moment later. “You have a lovely daughter. Reminds me of my own a bit.”

“You had a daughter?” Alxion asked as he closed the door.

“I’ve had three, all adopted though. I am… unable to give birth.”

“Well, I hope someone can help you you with that one day,” Alxion smiled, “For now though, if you ever visit again, feel free to mother Amelia. Celestia knows she needs it.”

“My my, Alxion,” she said with half-lidded eyes. “You aren’t trying to seduce me now are you?”

Alxion, straightfaced, answered honestly. “Of course I-” He burst out laughing, wiping a tear from his eye. “Nope. Couldn’t do it.” He took a deep breath, “In the end, my daughter needs a motherly figure, whether she’s with me or not. Now that I’ve found her, she’s my concern. Nothing else.”

Kat giggled. “I’m just teasing anyway. But, I suppose I could every now and then.” She put a finger to her chin. “You know what, I’m not needed anywhere right now. I suppose I could stick around for a little while. I could create a relationship with Amelia and get you used to the Displaced. Especially because sometimes they just show up out of nowhere.”

“Sounds like a problem that should be fixed,” Alxion said.

Out of the sky streaked what looked like a meteor. It slammed into the ground not to far away, creating a rather large impact crater. From out of it emerged a car sized flaming lizard, its wild electric blue mane waving in the wind. It took one look at them before throwing its head back and releasing a bone roar of pure rage.

Alxion facepalmed. “God damn it.”

Author's Note:

Crossover with DJSkywalker's character Kat Shifter. The crossover continues into this next chapter.

Comments ( 5 )

Heh, you should also bring Gilgamesh in there to so he can reunite with Kat again. That and for the shits and giggles.

God, the 'merely a hologram' cliché...

6035839
It provided opportunity.

6101411
Magic is Electricity.

6103718 That... makes sense actually.

Login or register to comment