• Published 4th May 2015
  • 518 Views, 9 Comments

Space Anon in Equestria - TrekkieAnon



A man from a distant space age future arrives on Equestria. He makes first contact with its residents and explores this strange universe, while finding a way back home and dealing with the death of his friends.

  • ...
3
 9
 518

Chapter 1: Friends in the Final Frontier

Human race is in midst of Space age Renaissance.

Well, not that we reached to a second earth or encountered alien races or something like that, but current FTL travel and technology allows things like: Exploring relatively closer systems, Mine resources in other inhabited planets, create dome shaped or underground colonies, building huge space stations and more.

You are Anon, you are a spacer kid. Meaning you were born in a space station or in a space ship.

You were born in a pretty small space station. In a system pretty far from Earth. Since childhood, you are used to seeing hallways, rooms, elevators and such. Not living on land or seeing actual landscapes.

You joined the space military. Why? Because you were bored out of your mind of all that setting. You wanted adventure and shit, like all those holo-cartoons you used to watch as a kid like the famous 'Lightspeed: Space Agent' show.

Well, the space military is mostly about accompanying explore ships and peacekeeping. Not what you really expected, but hey, more exciting than your home station.

Training? Well, it was pretty much what you expected. Getting shouted at by some meathead instructor for forgetting simple safety precautions and everything else, all those daily routines, training, etc.

However being a soldier in the space age means you need to learn technical stuff as well. Hey, you might be in a ship most of the time. If all the shit is on fire, you should know how to deal with it. You didn't really do that bad though. You were average in just about everything there.

After all that training, congratulations, you are now a Spaceman. What, Private? No, this is not some ancient earth military thing.
First assignment? Well, you get to be in a patrol ship in a less populated system. Oh well, at least you get to spend time with your best friends.
Yep, friends, these guys joined the same time you did. You went through all the training together and really got to know each other.

You and other 6 were pretty famous for being the trouble-making motley crew.

You are on board a patrol ship. You are supposed to patrol the area for possible threats like space pirates and smugglers.

Yeah, space piracy is a thing now.

Anyway, who cares? There is barely any activity in this system.

You and 3 of your friends are playing poker. Rest are just lazing around in the ship.

"Oh ho ho, fuck, your asses are fucking space dust now." You boast, its more of an empty bluff, you weren't that good at gambling.

"You fucking suck at mind-games anon." a girl with an interesting choice in hairstyle scoffs at you.

This is Debbie, or just Deb, the greatest pilot you have ever seen. She was so good she bested quite a number of piloting records while being a trainee. Her piloting skills were well-known, but its her reckless behavior and tough girl attitude that gets her into trouble.
You and your friends often joked about her being a lesbian, because of her attitude and her hairstyle. A short colorful mohawk, the military doesn't really care about your hairstyle as long as you could fit in the helmets. She always strongly denied that she is lesbo however.

"What makes you think this isn't the killer hand I've been waiting for?" You ask.

"Oh, I dunno, maybe because I can see how many chips you have?." Says Deb while pointing at your small pile of chips.

"Y'all done or can we continue? Because I'm about to raise." Says a muscular man with a southern accent.

And this is Abraham, or Abe, toughest dude you have ever seen. He was born and raised on Earth, southern United States to be exact.
Which is pretty fascinating to you, living on a planet, and on Earth no less. When you asked why he decided to leave Earth and join, he said he wanted to escape his family's crazy Earthist ideals.

Earthist? Its a word used for people who refuses to leave Earth and thinks space travel is bad because of some religious reasons or if they are just afraid space travel.

Anyway, he was really good at combat training. During basic CQC training sessions he knocked out several of his sparring partners, accidentally, or so he says.

Also, the most hardworking guy you have ever seen. You never saw him complain about anything, never bitching how tiring a workout is, and always doing them to test himself. Well, that does not mean we has good at tech stuff, but he tried hard.

You quickly turn your head.

"Something wrong? Didn't ya say something about (Ahem) killer hand?" Abe mockingly clears his throat while saying that word.

Well, shit. Note to yourself, you should read a something like "Bluffing 101"

"I raise this much." Abe shoves a handful of his chips

"Wow."

"Ah shit." Deb lightly hits the table.

"HAH, the oldest trick in the galaxy? I never thought you would." A man with a curly hair and a funny looking goatee responds.

This is Pierce.

Pierce, what could you say about this guy. Real clown, this one. Not in a bad way though, he always knew how to cheer the group up, no matter how tired as hell you guys were after a long exercise. Its like this guy never gets tired, always the optimistic kind. He got into a lot of trouble because he never could take anything seriously though.

No matter how crappy his jokes or pranks were, it always made everyone around him laugh.

"Call~ Abe, dude, you couldn't fool me last time. You can't fool me this time" says Pierce.

"Ah crap, fold. I wouldn't wipe my ass with these cards." Deb puts down her cards.

"What about you Anon? You ready with your 'killer hand?'" Deb says that with an exaggerated air quote.

Shit shit shit shit.

"Well, I-"

A synthetic voice echoes in the room.

'Unidentified ship detected. Unidentified ship detected. Please report-'

"Ah crap guys, we better check that out."

You immediately rush out of the room

"Chicken...BAWK BAWK BAWK" Pierce imitates a chicken.

"Can we look at his cards to see if he was shitting us?"

"Naw, it would be better if he showed it to us himself."