• Published 29th Apr 2015
  • 541 Views, 4 Comments

Princess for a Month - Zulaq



When Celestia offers to let Twilight rule Equestria for a month, Twilight panics. When Twilight panics, she starts throwing out really, really, stupid ideas. Unfortuantely for the three of them (and Equestria), Luna likes Twilight's very stupid idea.

  • ...
0
 4
 541

In Which A Prince Doesn't Know When to Stay Quiet

“Presenting, Prince Blueblood.” Shining Armor introduced the white coated stallion entering the room behind him.

“Auntie,” Blueblood bowed, “It is a pleasure to be here.” He frowns, “Although I am uncertain just why you’ve decided to advertise the job, but I am here to present myself as the most qualified pony for the position.”

“Eh, yes,” Celestia coughed politely, “It was a most unusual decision to place the job on the open market, but after the first pony I asked,” she glared at Twilight, who pursuing her notes, didn’t notice, “turned me down, my sister persuaded me to take this course of action. In spite of the many hours it will take to get through the many candidate present.”

“Well, you need look no further,” Blueblood assured her, “For I my ancestry and current position, if I may presume to say, make me the most qualified candidate by an overwhelming margin.”

“I see.” Celestia turns to Twilight, “You should probably start you questions now.”

Twilight cleared her throat, “Well, we appear to have already covered the first question, so I’ll move on to number two. What are your main goals to accomplish while ruling Equestria for a month, and how would you accomplish them?” Twilight looks crosseyed at her list for a moment, “That’s two questions! I know I told Spike to write them down as two!”

Luna gently patted Twilight on the back, “Worry not my friend, ‘tis a most insightful question anyway.”

Blueblood considers the question for a moment, before standing up straight and answering, “I have three main goals while Regent. One, a reconsideration of our diplomatic ties. Two, a program to reform the press. And three, reforms to the nobility.”

Luna nods, “Those sound most interesting. Would you please explain what reforms in particular you wish to make?”

“Of course!” Blueblood exclaims happily, “On the first point, I believe that we may need to recall and replace the majority of our current ambassadors. While our current group does the job, they could be better.”

“I assure you that those currently in place are more than qualified to represent Equestria in the modern age,” Celestia assured him, “Although if you did recall them, who would you replace them with?”

Blueblood nodded at Celestia’s reassurance, “I don’t doubt your ability to choose our current ambassadors, your highness. I merely believe that certain ponies like Lord Overreach, or Benny Arnold would be better suited.”

“Who?” Luna questioned her sister quietly.

“A bank tycoon and a Bitish spy,” Celestia informed her with a whisper.

“I see…” Luna replied in a tone which indicated that, no, she indeed didn’t get it.

“And the specifics of your second and third goals?” Celestia asked, “What reforms would you make to the press and the nobility?”

“Ah, those two goals are in fact related.” Blueblood explained, “I wish to make it illegal for the press to write negative stories about the country in general, and the rulership in specific. To do so, I would give total control of the press to the nobility, who would be compensated for their time, of course.”

“Of course,” Twilight echoed flatly, “You want to censor the media?”

“Naturally,” he nodded.

“You want to put a limit on what can and cannot be printed?” Twilight continued, her voice rising, “That if you personally don’t like it you can make sure it doesn’t see the light of day?”

“Well, why would I want something I don’t want to read be printed?” he failed to notice Twilight’s hair sticking out.

“YOU! MY BOOKS-“ Twilight continues to rant, but no pony can hear a sound as she’s been silenced by Princess Luna.

Princess Celestia smiled at Blueblood, “I do belive that we have run out of time for this interview. Thank you, we will be sure to keep your application in mind. Remember, we will contact you. Have a nice day.”

Shining Armor quickly escorted Prince Blueblood out of the room.

Meanwhile, Twilight was still ranting in her bubble of silence, her face red and her horn shooting sparks.

Comments ( 1 )

I know Blueblood is an idiot, but I thought even he would be smart enough to NOT talk like that with Book Horse in the room... :facehoof:

Login or register to comment