• Published 6th Nov 2015
  • 302 Views, 3 Comments

My Little Pony: Rise of Darkness - GleamingDawn



Sometimes in this world...Friendship just isn't enough to save the day...

  • ...
 3
 302

Chapter 1: Out into Equestria

"Let's make sure I have everything. Apples to snack on, check. Bottled water, check. Book of magic spells, check. I think that's all I'll need" Dawn smiled to himself as he put his saddlebag on. It was around midnight, everyone was asleep except him, preparing for his great escape. Using his magic he created a replica of himself in the bed to make the guards think he's still asleep in bed. He knew it wasn't long term, but at least it would last for a little while. "Well, this is it. Time to see just what is out there. I can't wait!" With that, he opened the window in his bedroom and quietly flew down the the ground, into the castle gardens.

This would be the most challenging part of his escape. There were always guards patrolling the gardens at night, making sure robbers didn't sneak in. He was gonna have to sneak around on hoof so they didn't see him flying away. OK Dawn, you can do this. Just a big longer and you'll be home free! Well not exactly HOME free, just free, not at home, by myself...I gotta stop talking to myself He activated an invisibility spell rendering himself as invisible as...well...an invisible pony. Eventually Dawn was able to make it to the entrance, but it was covered with guards. Great... Dawn thought to himself. How am I gonna get passed them...

"Um, excuse me." A new voice came up from the other side of the entrance, a mare's voice.

"I'm sorry miss, the garden's are off limits after dark" One of the guards replied.

"Oh, I was just hoping I could see some of the flowers real quick...I'm vising Canterlot for the week"

"No can do"

"Oh pretty please!"

Dawn just stood there thinking this would be a perfect distraction. He just had to wait just a little longer...

"I'll just be a minute. Promise" The mare pleaded.

"Come on now, we'll escort you out of here" With that, the guard took the mare by the hoof and dragged her away, the others following closely behind.

Thank you mysterious mare Dawn smiled as he rushed out of the garden entrance, into Canterlot itself.

****************************************************************************************************************

Dawn was finally outside, free from the castle walls. Able to do whatever he wanted! He decided in order to make the most of it, he'd have to wait until daylight. He found a small ally he could sleep in until that time came. Of course he kept the spell on so he wouldn't be seen. When day came, Dawn decided now would be the perfect time to finally show himself. He removed the invisibility spell from his body, now concentrating it on only his horn, so he wouldn't be recognized as an Alicorn. He then stepped out into the light of the world, into Equestria. "Wow...it's incredible..."

Looking at everything around him, he was stunned by all the different ponies there were. All the Unicorns, Pegasi, Earth Ponies, it was simply amazing. And none of them were wearing the royal guard armor! "This is perfect! So many ponies to meet! Now which one should i-" He was cut off by something big crashing into him from the sky, which knocked him to the ground. "OW! WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA!" When he turned around at what it was it turned out to be a Pegasus. Black, with a red mane, his mane and tail quite spikey.

"Whoa, sorry bout that. Didn't see you there." The stallion chuckled as he dusted himself off. "Name's Magma Thunder"

"Magma Thunder huh...well, nice to meet you I guess. My name's...um...Gleam...Shade...Light...yeah, Gleamshade Light." Dawn smiled nervously, not used to lying about his own name.

"I see...well nice to meet you Gleamshade. Can I call you Gleam? Or Light?"

"Well...I guess you could call me Dawn if you want. It's a um...nickname."

"All right then Dawn." Magma smiled and held out his hoof for a brohoof.

Dawn looked at it for a bit, confused as to what he was doing. He had never heard of a brohoof before, so didn't know what it was. He could only assume what it was from the action he did, so he mimicked it, bumping his hoof against Magma's. "So," Magma said. "You new in town? I'm just visiting myself. I live over by Ponyville."

"Ponyville?" Dawn tilted his head in confusion. "Where's that?"

"Dude...you don't know where Ponyville is!? You living under a rock or something!?"

"In a way you could say that..." Dawn mumbled under his breath.

"What was that?"

"Um, nothing!" Dawn chuckled nervously once again. "How bout you just try to explain it to me. I may remember it."

"...well OK. Ponyville is home to Princess Twilight, and the rest of the Mane Six. Other then Canterlot, it's become on of the most famous places in Equestria lately. Mainly from Princess Twilight living there and all the amazing battles and adventures that have taken place there. In honesty though, it's just a nice small town that happens to have a giant castle in the middle of it."

"..." Dawn had a hard time taking that all in. "Um, yeah I remember it now! Giant Castle and adventures and...stuff..."

"Your acting really strange man...you sure your OK?"

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine" Dawn smiled reassuringly. "So, what exactly where you doing when you crashed into me?"

"Oh I was polishing up on my flight skills so I can meet Rainbow Dash, Element of Loyalty, member of the Mane Six, and one day, my wife." Magma smirked to himself, but Dawn just stared with a straight face.

"And...how do you know she'd even want to marry you?"

"Cause I'm the only one nearly as awesome as her! She'll totally be into me!"

"Yeah...I don't think it works like that..."

"Whatever man. I'm gonna get back to flight training. See you later man!" With that he flapped his wings and started flying away. The outside world seemed to be filled with odd ponies...Dawn was gonna have a hard time making friends in it, he could tell that right now. But he wasn't gonna give up trying! He already made one, at least he think he did, so now he should look for another.

"Now where can I find some other ponies..." As he turned around he bumped into another pony, a mare. White, with a gorgeous pink mane with red highlights.

"Oh, excuse me. I didn't see you there." Her voice was the same as the one he heard before at the gardens...