• Published 14th May 2012
  • 535 Views, 0 Comments

The Road Left Alone. - Reggie



Adventures of the one eyed griffon and hhis friends in dark times of Equestria.

  • ...
 0
 535

A Dream

Equestrian border. Year 1001 by Celestian calendar.

It was dark... The rain was not making it easier to see and the wind was trying to prevent his every step. He couldn't see a thing in this darkness.


"Where the hell am I?" he asked the darkness ahead, but no one seemed to be near. "Damn it, i miss those days in Baltimare..."


Moving through the falling water was very hard, his feathers and the coat he bought few days ago were wet. Starving, frozen and lonely he reached the invisible border of his lands.


"You are selfish!" said the voice from the memories. "You did not deserved to be called a griffon! I don't want to see you anymore!"


"Screw you... Screw you all. You wanted me to leave? Fine! Satisfied?" he argued. The memories of the bright, shiny village he saw in a dream appeared in his mind. He refused to think about this mirage. It brought too much pain and sadness. "Friends? They called themselves "friends"? They left me once they had a chance...Heh, i guess that's how "friends" suppose to act."


The sorrow started to overflow him, but he remembered the song he heard in one tavern not far away from Silvermoon Woods. It was about the steps you are making on your way and about your true motives. "I'm not afraid of being alone, i like being alone..."


Suddenly he noticed a weak light far away. As he reached it, he saw that it was a road sign. "Ponyville, 10 miles north...Hm, what is this place?" It was his 7th day in his unending journey. On the way from the Red Mountains he visited many villages and towns, but he didn't found the place from his dream. The colorful streets, warm sunlight and strange looking building in the middle of a main square. It seems like there was sweets on it's roof and walls. "Woah, i should not eat too much sugar before my sleep." He said when he woke up. The thoughts about this picture stucked in his head and were keeping him from falling into darkness.


"Oh crap, I really must find a house or... Argh, at least a cavern, I can't stay like this all night!" he yelled.


In the nearest hill he found a cave where he set fireplace and finally had some rest.


-------


"Remember, you must continue trying whatever it will take! Never ever say that you can't do something!" said the black female griffon.


"But..." little brown griffon tried to insist.


"Now listen to me. I have to leave. I really need to. They decided that i should study in far lands, to get better education... Try not to get yourself in troubles, okay?" she asked.


" 'kay sis..." little griffon said.


-------


Bird's songs woke him up and he continued moving towards the village he never knew. The village he never heard about.


The rain was over and the feeling of a dry coat pleasured him. Sun was already high above, the warmth of it was filling the air. He noticed that the road was leading to another hill up ahead.


"Well, i guess i have no choice." he though.


As he reached the top of the hill, amazing view appeared before his eye. The wide and beautiful apple orchard laid as far as the eyes can see. Apples looked so delicious that he couldn't resist. He took one apple and made a big bite. "Woah!" he thought, that was the best apple he ever tasted.


"Heya! Watcha doin' here, fellow?" the voice from behind surprised him.


"Humh..." The piece of apple stucked in his thorat. He coughed few times before he actually could say anything. Unexpected appearence of an orange pony with a cowboy hat confused him. "Uh... I was... Traveling, yea. I heard there is a village somewhere around, so i was lookig for it."


"So ya are new, huh? Ah thought Pinkie is the first pony who meets every newcomer here... Oh, my name is Applejack by the way! Nice t' meet ya!" she said and shaked his claw.


"Yea... My name is Reggie. I'm from..." he was interrupted by a male voice calling for Applejack far away from them.


Apllejack neighed. "Oh, hayseed! I guess Big Mac needs me! Cya partner!" she said loudly as she ran away.


"Wh... Huh, anyway. Let's see what is this Ponyville they were talking about." he mumbled looking at the road ahead.


-------


"Are you an idiot?!" old grey griffon yelled as he entered the room. It was a big hall with square windows and yellow walls.
Two griffon guards in their armor stood at the enterance. "I heard he went to The Diamond Marshes..." whispered one. "What? The Diamond Marshes? Let me guess... A manticore?" another asked. "Yes, he almost killed it, but look at him now... He is..." the voice of the old grey griffon stopped first guard from saying rest of his thought.


"Did I told you that no one should go in these marshes?! Did i told you that you are not a warrior?! Why are you not listening to me?" he yelled, but the brown griffon which was laying infront of him seemed to be unconscious.


"How bad is he?" he asked one of the white griffons next to him.


"He... He lost his eye. But he will live. We removed all the poison from his body, now he needs some rest. I really ask you not to visit him till the end of a week." the white griffon answered.


"But he is my son!" grey griffon said. "Oh, alright. I see. Guards! Stay here and report to me about everything!"


"Yes, your majesty!" guards shouted as he left the hall.


-------







It was incredible! The village that was in a few miles was just like the one from his dream. Buildings, hills around... Everything was too good to belive.


"No way!" he was shocked. The months of travelling, many different places, hundreds of ponies and other creatures... Everything was worth it. He couldn't do a step. It felt like he was pinned down by the realisation of his success.


It took him an hour to finally brave himself and approach the village.


"Holy feathers... Here i go." he thought when he crossed the bridge.