• Published 19th Apr 2015
  • 612 Views, 6 Comments

A Shiny Shadow - DiscordFan



1000 years is a long time. And if you're a filly who wakes up after 1000 years to see your father destroyed a second time, life gets really ruff. Oh yeah, and your father's destroyers are a pink alicorn and purple dragon. Well, he was suppose to.

  • ...
0
 6
 612

1: 1000 years feels like a day...

Shadow Shine groggily woke up. She shivered and groaned.

"Wake up, Shadow Shine," a familiar voice said.

She replied with a moan.

"Shine," the voice said sternly, "you need to wake up. I need your help."

"Wha-at," she whined.

"Firstly, that's no way to speak to your father," Sombra said. "And secondly, I need your help to curse the Empire, so I can return to the throne!"

"Ughh," Shadow Shine responded. "Fine..."

She got up and rubbed her eyes. She was still in the unlocked cell, and she felt really sore. She stretched out her legs. Several pops later, and she was shaking out her mane and tail.

"Huh," Shadow Shine thought out loud. "That spell must have been pretty weak if your back after one, measly night!"

"Actually, it's been 1000 years... Strange how time flies," Sombra droned.

"It's," Shadow Shine stumbled with her words. "It's been how many years?" She gulped. Her knees began to lightly knock against each other.

"1000 years," Sombra said. "Why are you surprised?"

"Why am I," Shadow Shine began. "Why am I surprised?! You acting totally calm about this!"

"Well, I put an immortal spell on you and cast several sleep spells, which eventually added up to a year. Any questions?" Sombra's eye shadows gazed at her with a concerned look.

Shadow Shine shook her head. "No. I think I understand."

"Good," Sombra said somewhat cheerfully. "Now, go up to the throne room. I'll meet you there." Then his eye shadows disappeared, and his shadow was replaced by Shadow Shine's.

She sighed. "Best get trotting, Shine," she muttered to herself.

:×××××:

Shadow Shine arrived in the throne, only to notice her shadow change again to her father's.

"Grand! You're here," he announced. "Now, it's very simple what you must do. You need to cast a Li-"

He stopped abrubtly. Shadow Shine heard him sniff a few times.

"Why," he said. "How..? Why am I sensing Dark Magic?"

Shadow Shine's ears flicked about.

"Whoa," they heard a young, male voice say. "When did you learn to that?"

"That was a little trick Celestia taught me," a female voice replied. "You stay here."

"Huh," the male voice said, relieved. "If you insist."

That's when Shadow Shine got a bit confused. A lavender mare with a navy blue mane and tail with a streak of pink and violet trotted out of nowhere and down the steps.

Shadow Shine gasped. "Sister..."

She began to gallop at full speed towards the steps. She skidded when she reached the base, and then she began to rush down the stairs.

:×××××:

Up ahead, Twilight Sparkle froze. Her ears twitched and flicked about. "Spike," she said, "did you follow me?"

Spike, the male voice Shadow Shine and Sombra had heard, replied with, "Twilight, I'm still up here. What are you talking about?"

Slowly, Twilight turned around and saw a gray, unicorn mare with a dark purple and white mane and tail. Her vivid red eyes were brimmed with tears. A sad smile rested on her face.

"Oh, sister," the strange mare said edging towards Twilight. "Is it really you, Twilight?"

"What," Twilight whispered. "H-how do you know my name?"

Shadow Shine's smile turned into a frown. Tears began rushing down her face. "You," she muttered. "You don't remember me? B-but... but your my sister, and sisters remember everything about each other..." Shadow Shine sniffled.

Suddenly, Twilight Sparkle received a headache. She collapsed into a kneeling position with one foreleg on her head.

"Tw-Twilight," Shadow Shine screamed nervously, "are you okay?!"

Twilight groaned. "I'll be okay..." She looked up into Shadow Shine's eyes.

"... Shadow Shine, my sister..."

:×××××:

"She," Shadow Shine muttered while gazing at the unconscious mare. "She remembered my name..."

She threw her forelegs into the air. "Woo-hooo!! She remembered!"

"Um," the male voice from before said. "Excuse me, but..."

Shadow Shine turned around and saw a purple and green, baby dragon.

"... who are you," he asked.

She posed in a regal manner. "I am Princess Shadow Shine, first born of King Sombra and Queen Lapis Lily." She stopped moving and put on a face of genuine curiosity. "What's your name? Are you the only dragon that cares for ponies? Why don't you have wings?"

"Um... Well, my name is Spike, Twilight Sparkle's-" He pointed at Twilight. "-number-one assistant. Uh, I don't know for certain if I'm the only dragon that cares for ponies, but I might be. And I have no clue why I don't have wings."

"Wow," Shadow Shine breathed. "That's amazing. Daddy always told Twili- I mean, my sister and I that dragons were monsters that destroyed everything they saw, including all the alicorns! But then, these two alicorns appeared and killed my Mommy and trapped my Daddy and stole my sister." Shadow Shine blinked, unfazed at what she said.

Spike blinked, trying to take in what Shadow Shine had just said. "D'uhh..."

"I know! Those two alicorns are jerks! You think that ponies would think before they did stuff!"

Spike just nodded dumbly, still putting the pieces together of what she said her life was.

"You know," Shadow Shine continuing her babble, "you're a really good listener. I bet you help Twilight a lot! After all, you have to tell someone your thoughts and feelings. I bet she shares some secrets with you to release those thoughts and feelings..."

Spike finally figured out what she had said before.

"So," he began, "your dad is King Sombra?"

"Yes? You just figured that out?"