• Published 10th Apr 2015
  • 375 Views, 6 Comments

Fight the Fear: Angel Runes Story - BL00DM00N



Angel Rune was on a routine job when she learned some terrible news. A Greater Demon is coming. One that would take over Equestria and rule it in darkness. It's her job to stop Him from getting through. But can she do it on her own?

  • ...
 6
 375

Agramon

Down in the pits of Tartarus the shadows were stirring. Past the fires and lake of lava a giant gaseous form was rising up. The gas was thick, swirling black. It hovered above the dry cracked ground of the chasm. The only thing showing that this was the corporeal form of a being was the huge saucer like eyes. They glowed, softly illuminating the darkness with a pale red light. They were cold. Emotionless.

The eyes were swiveling in the black mist, searching for something in the flickering shadows. "Where are you? Step foward!" The deep rumbling voice came from within the the mist. At the command a small quivering beign stepped out of the shadows. "Tell me, Vadas", the voice said, "why didn't the infiltration go as planned?"

"I...um...I" Vadas stammered, paralyzed by the fear emanating from the shadowy being.

"TELL ME!!" The command was so loud it vibrated the walls of the deep pit.

"I don't know Lord Agramon. The Eidolon demon did everything he was instructed to do. I don't know how the Shadowhunters found him."

Agramon narrowed his enormous eyes. "Is he reborn yet?"

Seeing a way of escape the pale gray demon tripped over himself in a hurry to leave. "I will go check immediately, um, Master. " He left the chasm in a rush, heading upward to the pits where the lesser beings reformed after being killed by Shadowhunters or stupidity. He mumbled to himself as he climbed. "I shouldn't have to take orders. I am Wrath! I am a Sin!" His bright orange eyes shined with rage. He was angry at himself for showing fear.

"You are a Sin, but He is an Emotion." Vadas had reached the pits and a raspy voice spoke to him from the nearest one. Vadas turned to see that the Eidolon had indeed been reborn and was looking at Vadas with apprehension. It knew why Vadas was there.

"Come. The Great Emotion wishes to speak with you." Vadas reached down and pulled the Eidolon demon up out of the pit. He felt satisfaction at seeing the lesser demon tremble as he turned and led it back down to the Demon of Fear.

As they approached the gaseous form of Agramon, Vadas began to quiver and the Eidolon broke out in a cold sweat. Agramons form swelled and he seemed to suck the light from fires around him. "What do you have to say for yourself", he asked angrily. For a moment Vadas froze, thinking the Great Demon was speaking to him. Then he noticed the Eidolon had fallen to its knees.

"I'm sorry my great fear-inducing Lord. Please, forgive me! It's not my fault! Everything was going as planned until that Pegasus Downworlder came out of nowhere and saw me!"

Vadas interrupted the Eidolons stammering. "Pegasus Downworlder? What would a Downworlder be doing so close to populated pony areas?"

"I don't know.", the Eidolon replied. "She came streaking into the forest when that pathetic excuse for a dragon started screaming for help. She must have got word to the Shadowhunters about my presence."

Agramon chuckled. "You were undone by a pony sympathizer? Vadas was wrong about you. Did you at least kill the princesses young companion?"

The Ediolon demon swallowed nervously. "I...um...I think so."

"You think so?! Your orders were to kill him and assume his role in her life!" Vadas, Demon of Wrath, was about to teach this useless hell trash a lesson when Agramon stopped him.

"Vadas, hold. He has more information we need." Agramon focused his gaze in the cowering Eidolon demon. "The Shadowhunter that ended you, describe him."

"It was a mare, Your Greatness. She was pale tan and had green eyes. She wore a gem that glowed and had an owl companion..." The Eidolon trailed away as he noticed Agramons eyes had gotten brighter and his misty form swelled. "Was...was I correct in assuming she was the one you told us of?"

"Angel Rune. It seems our paths have crossed again. I won't let you escape me again." Agramon was speaking to himself and Vadas knew this could go on for hours at a time.

"Lord Agramon, what do you wish me to do with the Eidolon now?"

Agramon didn't seem to be happy at being interrupted. "Leave him with me. I will interrogate him further." There was an evil glint to Agramons eyes as he spoke those words. "Go and check on the others and see that they do not fail me as well, Vadas. Everytime they fail, you fail. And I will not have a failure commanding my army."

As Vadas left the chasm behind him, his strength returned to his knees. He began to berate himself for again cowering before the Greater Demon. Screams of agony and deep terror floated up to him from the pit, interrupting self bashing. Vadas recognized the raspy wails of the Eidolon. He almost felt pity for the lesser being. Almost.

Vadas reached the pits above the chasm and looked out over the vast number of them. He grinned. Each pit housed a demon. Eidolons, Molochs, Raveners, Sins. As far as he could see. He was hand picked by Agramon to lead this army of darkness. He, Vadas, Demon of Wrath, would be at the head of this vast demonic horde when it was finally unleashed upon Equestria.

As he stood there gazing out over the pits, Vadas began to daydream. He would lead Agramons army into Equestria and he would unleash Wrath that the ponies had never before seen. Then he would take the army and conquer the lands beyond. Everything would fall before him. The time was coming. Soon the infiltration would be complete and the puny princesses would be "incapacitated". The Eidolons failure was just a minor setback. Soon Equestria would belong to the demons.

Author's Note:

Okay, so I debated on publishing this chapter alone or paired with another to make it longer, but I figured it would be confusing or out of place if I put with another chapter. I hope I made the right choice! Chapter 3 will return us to the ponies.