• Published 30th Mar 2015
  • 3,931 Views, 673 Comments

Maybe I'm Dreaming - Night Flight



How do you feel when someone tell you you should get married with someone you don't know? Maybe you get angry but Rainbow dash acts different. By the way this is Rainbow dash. She loves to be different...

  • ...
24
 673
 3,931

CH 25-Don't know what's gonna happen next...

Several days had passed since my birthday night, when my life turned upside down. Ever since then, I spent most of my time with my friends just like the old times. I also spent some of my time with Gummy and Cloudy. I even spent sometime with Spitfire and Fleetfoot. Any pony but Soarin. I tried, but it was Soarin who didn’t want to spend time with me.

We barely saw each other let alone talking. We didn’t talk at all. Just some days when I spent my time with Fleetfoot and Spitfire at Wonderbolts’ academy and I really missed him, I said hello to him when he walked by. He always answered me with a simple hello and nothing else.
It was true that we didn’t see each other face-to-face too much but I could swear I saw him multiple times, he tried to hide himself and look at me and I couldn't help but smile.

“Oh, please don't go to space again”, called a voice beside me.

“Huh? Oh, sorry Spitfire. What were you saying?”

Spitfire rolled her eyes and repeated what she'd said to me. “I said that Soarin and you are both being two stubborn idiots because you still haven't said sorry to each other yet. Come on Rainbow, step forward and tell him that you’re sorry. Don’t you love him?”

“Love him? No, still no. And about apologizing, no again. I already told you guys that I’m not the one who has to apologize. I didn’t do anything wrong. It’s Soarin who almost cheated on me.”

“But he did explain to you didn’t he?” said Fleetfoot.

“Yeah but that doesn’t specify anything.”

“It does. It’s you who doesn't want to accept that,” said Spitfire with her commanding tone.

These girls didn’t help me AT ALL. All they could do was tell me the things I already knew. Yes, I knew that I shouldn’t be stubborn, apologize and end this crazy game but on the other hoof, I wasn’t the one that should break her/his pride. It was Soarin’s fault and I wasn’t the one who had to apologize. I’d already broke enough of 'it' when I told him everything about that unknown mare. No, I certainly wouldn’t do it unless I have a good reason to.

“I SAID NO! I WILL NOT DO IT! Is that clear?!?” I said angrily.

Spitfire and Fleetfoot were both looking at me with wide eyes. Fleetfoot who recovered first clapped her
hooves and cheered. “Wooohooo, well done girl! You’re the first pony who shouted louder than Spitfire when she’s annoyed!”.

Spitfire gave her a punch in the arm and Fleetfoot groaned painfully and rubbed her arm. “OK, fine.But No need to shout. You even dragged Soarin’s attention,” said Spitfire casually.

“WHAT? WHERE?” I turned my head back with a grin but when I looked behind me there was no soarin in site. “SPITFIRRRRRRRRE!”

“What? I just wanted to show you that you love Soarin,” said Spitfire innocently.
I opened my mouth to give them a replied when Fleetfoot interrupted, “OK, don’t break Spitfire’s record more than you already did. Let ME try this time.” Then she gasped and gained as much air as she could and suddenly she shouted, “NO, I DOOOOOON’T!”

“Actually, I wanted to say that 'I don’t actually know'”.

“What do you mean, 'you don’t know'?” asked Spitfire. “I mean, there’s only two choices, you love him or you don’t love him”

“Well the problem is here. I’m something in between. I really wanna tell myself that I love him but I don’t.”

“Come on guys, let’s forget this stuff. The important thing now is… how was my voice? Did I finally break a record or something?” said Fleetfoot.

“Nah, not even half way close to mine or Rainbow’s,” said Spitfire.
She sighed and said, “Maybe next time.” then she grinned. This was always bad, it meant that she wanted to tell us something that wasn’t very satisfying for Spitfire or me. “Well, I certainly don’t wanna be a grumpy captain like you Spit.” Spitfire couldn’t do anything but frown and looking for an response but it was impossible. Fleetfoot always caught everypony off guard when she really meant to tease them.

I smiled and said exactly what was in my mind. “Sometimes I wish it was me instead of you Fleet,” I said. And I really did. I’d never see her smile going away from her lips.

She sighed sadly. “You think so but you wish you never were. Even I don’t wanna be myself anymore cause nopony takes me seriously. Especially the one that should.” She looked at Rapid Fire as she spoke the last sentence.

“However, we can deal with that later. I’m telling you Rainbow, Cloudy and your friend, Twilight Sparkle I guess, are doing something with Soarin over there.” She pointed to somewhere behind me.

“Spitfire, I’ll kill you if it was another trick."

“I swear it’s not. They’re there. Why don’t take a look by yourself.”
I turned to where Spitfire was pointing. She was right Twilight and Cloudy were sitting with Soarin.

“I GOT IT! How about April?” said Twilight happily.

“April? No it’s way too late. How about… next week? I’m sure I can prepare everything,” said Cloudy.

“Next week? Sorry but that is waaay too soon,” said Soarin.

“I think their planning on the wedding date,” said Fleetfoot.

“Yeah, that was why Soarin took the last hour off. I guess they don’t know that we’ve come here as well.”

“Hmmm… then I have a wonderful plan.” I grinned as I flapped my wings and flew toward them.

“Hey how about next year Soarin? Is that good?” said Cloudy rather angrily. “Really bro, you’ve been objecting with all of the dates we told you.”

“Hey, it’s not my problem,” said Soarin with a frown.

“Whoa Soar, why so grumpy? And not only now but other times too. Did anything happen? Perhaps between Rainbow and you?”

Soarin sighed sadly. “Maybe.”

“I KNEW IT! So, what had happen?”

“Let’s say that it was a complete accident and was completely involuntary but Rainbow and him are in the middle of an argument,” said Twilight.

“Wow. Why didn’t you tell me Soarin and also, Twilight…?” said Cloudy as she turned to Twilight.
At that moment a thought entered my head. ‘Wait, how does TWILIGHT know about that?’ I thought.

“Wait, how do YOU know about that?” asked Cloudy to Twilight. Heh, what a coincidence!
Twilight shrugged and said, “He came to me for some information.”

‘Hmmm… I wonder what kind of information…’ I thought.

“Hmmm… I wonder what kind of information…” said Cloudy. This time my jaw officially hit the ground. How the heck can she read my mind?

“This is none of your business. At least not until I get to a proper conclusion”,said Twilight.

‘Conclusion about what exactly?’ I thought again.

“Conclusion about what exactly?” said Cloudy. OK, this was getting ridiculous.

“As I said, none of your business,” said Twilight.

‘Twilight, I’ll finally get the answer out of your mouth. One day. Just you wait…’ I thought again.

“Twilight, I’ll finally get the answer out of your mouth. One day. Just you wait…” said Cloudy with narrowed eyes. OK, there was only two possible things: I was getting crazy or this was all my imagination. This better end right here or I’ll go and introduce myself to a lunatic asylum.

“I already told you, you’ll find out when I get to a proper conclusion,” said Twilight calmly. “Now Soarin, I guess you want to say something?”

“Huh? How do you…”

“Don’t blame me. Blame the book I read about body language. Now, what do you wanna say?”

He sighed sadly. “I feel bad. Real bad. It’s Rainbow’s right to have a part in this, but I just can’t go and tell her.”

“Why not? Just go and ask her,” asked Cloudy.

“I can’t Cloudy, I can’t. This is a stallion’s pride we’re talking about!”

Cloudy rolled her eyes and said, “Do you really call yourself a stallion? From what I know you’ll just turn 19 your next birthday, in few months right?”

“Yeah, but whatever. I’m still a stallion.”

Wow, really? I didn’t know this one! In that case, Soarin was a year older than me.

“If you were a stallion, you wouldn’t sit here alone. Rainbow would be with you.”
Soarin frowned. “But…”

“No buts Soarin. I’m not a stallion but I know that a true stallion isn’t the one who has the most power, fame or pride than any other pony. A true stallion is somepony who will always be loyal to his love and don’t let her be away from him even for a second.”

Everypony there went quite. True that I didn’t hear what I wanted but I heard much more and better information. All I need then was a little creation.

* * * * *

Soarin’s P.O.V.

Once again, thoughts of Rainbow made me crazy. I don’t know what did this mare have that made me love her. She had broken my pride but her sweet moves still made me love her.

Every time she walked passed me and whispered ‘hello’ I just wanted to hug her. Or at least smile at her like before and answer her with every single bit of love I felt toward her.

And she was a little evil. She came to headquarters just to kill me. I just couldn’t stay like that any longer.

“Why don't she just apologizes and end this thing?” I said harassed.

“Have you ever thought that Rainbow’s pride has been broken just like yours? Have you ever thought that you’re the one that made false and almost cheated on her so you have to apology first?”

These girls didn’t help me AT ALL. All they could do was telling me the things I already knew. Yes, I knew that I shouldn’t be stubborn, apologize first and end this crazy game but on the other hoof, it was my pride we’re talking about. A stallion’s pride wasn’t something that could be broken this easily and I wasn’t about to do it either. No matter what they say.

“Girls, I already told you. I WILL NOT BREAK MY PRIDE!”

“OK, fine. No need to shout. You even dragged Rainbow’s attention,” said Twilight casually.

“WHAT? WHERE?” I asked with a grin but there wasn’t any rainbow mare anywhere around. I frowned. “Are you kidding me Twilight?”

“What? No, I swear I saw her with your teammates. Here do you see them? They’re sitting there,” said Twilight as she pointed to my behind.

I turned my head and saw Spitfire smiling at me and Fleetfoot shaking her hoof like a sail of a windmill. “HEEEEEELOOOO SOARIIIIIIIIIN!” shouted Fleetfoot. I just smiled and shook my head for them. Twilight was right. Rainbow must have been with them but the question is: where’s she now?

The question was soon forgotten as I saw Spitfire pointing to sky with a grin. “I guess she’s trying to show you that,” said Twilight as she pointed to sky.

“Show whaaaa… wow,” I said as I saw the huge sign in the sky. It was a sentence that had been written with clouds. It’d said: Wedding date, 17th of next month. I smiled as I saw a rainbow trail disappearing from them the letter ‘h’. “Girls, wedding will be 17th of next month.”

“Definitely,” said Cloudy as she looked at sky with amazed expression. “Soarin, you know what? If I were you, I would never let Rainbow’s smile drop even for a second let alone making her cry,” said Cloudy as she looked at me.

Once again, she made me thought about the thing she’d said. She was right. Completely right. Did I just forget how much I loved her? How I was always ready to give my life away just for her? How could I forget it? I made the girl of my dreams CRY! What the heck was wrong with me? I’d probably lost my brain. If I was ready to give my LIFE away just for her, then breaking my PRIDE was nothing important.

“Hey Soarin, ya want some help?” asked Spitfire as they came and sat with us.

“Forget it, is Rainbow with you? I owe her an apology,” I said impatiently.

“Whoa, finally!” said Fleetfoot happily.

“First, she’s not with us. She seemed sad and wanted to go to home,” said Spitfire.

“Probably to cry more,” said Twilight sadly and made my heart crush. My Rainbow was crying again? I just had to stop it.

“Wait, I still haven’t told you the second thing. Second, we want to help you exact in this.”

“Help me? How?”

“Don’t you wanna apologize her?”

I sighed sadly. “Of course I do.”

“And without breaking your pride?”

“Well, that doesn’t matter now.”

Spitfire shook her head. “Too late to realize Soarin. Too late.” Her voice showed that there’s no hope. “Anyways, now that you finally wanna end this, let’s do it now. We all know that Rainbow won’t talk to you and if you go and tell her that you wanna talk to her, she’ll still say that…”

“Excuse me, I don’t really want to interrupt but it looks like I’m finally getting closer to that… proper conclusion we’ve talked about. So unfortunately, you have to cross me out of this whole apologizing plan,” said Twilight as she read through a text massage on her phone then she used her magic and within a second, she disappeared.

“So as I was saying…” continued Spitfire. “Rainbow won’t talk to you and if you go and tell her that you wanna talk to her, she’ll still say that she hates you and we all know that this is a total lie so my plan is…” Spitfire continued explaining her plan and made my grin bigger and bigger by each second. “Everything depends on you Soarin.”

I grinned. “Don’t worry. My parents aren’t around they’re at Cloudsdale to pack their things and move to Ponyville. But what about Rainbow’s parents?”

“I know about it. She said that her parents had gone to Cloudsdale as well. Looks like they’re invited to a ceremony that’ll take a few days.”

“And Hurricane and Speedy?”

“Last time I saw Hurricane he told me that he’ll be busy with a family party that he’s invited to.”

“Ahem, then what am I supposed to do?” asked Cloudy with a raised eyebrow.

“Hello? You must be busy with your sick daughter.”
She gasped loudly as she remembered Gummy’s illness. “Oh my gosh! Gummy, how could I forget about her?” then she turned to us and said, “I have to go and look after her.”

Spitfire looked at her with a confused look. “I didn’t know Gummy is sick for real. What had happened to her?”

“Ever since the night Soarin showed us his future house, she had this cold. I guess it’s because she played in the water and didn’t wear warm cloths after that. However, thanks for your concern Spit. Bye guys.”

She shook her hoof to us as she flew fast towards her home. “OK now Soarin. Are you going to do it or are you going to do it?” said Fleetfoot.

I rolled my eyes and answered. “I’m gonna do it and nopony will get in my way.”

* * * * *

Rainbow’s P.O.V.

I threw the 25th tissue in the waste basket in front of me. I’ve been crying over an idiot stallion for twenty three minutes now and I’d also spent exactly twenty five now very wet tissues to wipe the my tears away. Yes, I had counted every single one of them. Did you see how crazy I am? Yeah, I’m a total idiot. I mean… if he wanted to apologize then he would of done so in the past five days and nine hours and twenty seven minutes and 17 seconds, 18, 19, 20…

So… you still believe I’m a normal pony? Any wise pony would say no and if you say yes, then you’re crazy like me.

The sound of phone that echoed through my home snapped me out of my lunatic thoughts. I slowly reached my hoof and answered the call.

“Rainbow, is that you?”

“Hey Spit, missed me?” I answered with a weak smile and a sniffle after that.

“Hey, are you crying?”

“Were. Not anymore.”

“Good. We need you. RIGHT NOW!”

“Is everything alright?”

“No, it’s not. Rainbow, it's Soarin…”

I perked up as I heard Soarin’s name. “IS HE OK? WHAT HAS HAPPENED?”

“You have to come and see. He’s not good. Not good at all.”

For a minute, I wanted to burst out of house and look everywhere for him but right at that moment a clear voice echoed through my head…

‘You know what? I love you too. How about hanging out sometime?’ and also, ‘I came here to spend time with somepony who doesn’t hate me’

I frowned as I remembered those sentences. “Can’t you tell his parents?”

“They’re on a trip to Cloudsdale.”

“Cloudy?”

“She’s taking care of Gummy. She has a cold.”

“Hurricane?”

“Speedy and he are invited to a family party.”

“You and Fleet?”

“We have work to do. RAINBOW, IT’S SERIOUS!”

“OK, OK, coming. Just… where are you guys?”

“The last place you saw us. Hurry up he's not in a good condition.”

This time I was truly on the verge of crying. “O-Ok. I-I-I’ll come as f-fast as I can.”
I opened my wings and flew as fast as I could. My tears went dry in the wind around me but they never stopped coming.

‘Soarin… oh I’m sorry. I swear I wouldn’t ever be angry at you again. I swear I would never ever jump to conclusions again. Just be OK. My Soarin… I’m coming and I swear this time I won’t let my idiotic pride get in the way of apologizing. I swear…’

Author's Note:

*sigh* Schools started today. So many new teachers. Some are good and some are bad but trust me they're all bad.:pinkiehappy: Well I hope I'll find something that make my day.:ajsleepy:
But on the other hand, it means that I won't be able to update Maybe I'm Dreaming as before since I have to use all of my time for studying. These are first days of school and I won't have a lot things to do and also I have weekend ahead of me so I'll update the next chapter in these days.:pinkiehappy: