• Published 23rd Mar 2015
  • 769 Views, 10 Comments

Gone Wrong - HerpicusDerpington



The Galactic Empire takes an interest in a planet in the far reaches of the Unknown Regions after it is observed that the star system revolves around it. It's suggested that a sentient species inhabits it. A task force is sent to investigate.

  • ...
5
 10
 769

Prologue

Rays of sunlight illuminate the deck of an Executor-class super star destroyer as it floats silently in space. A fleet of Imperial II-class star destroyers escort it in strict formation. Ahead of the plethora of metal giants is a beautiful planet, its surface calming hues of green and blue, blanketed in a thick layer of clouds. This planet in particular was one of many uncharted systems in the Unknown Regions of the galaxy, and this fleet was on its way to explore and formally chart it - and perhaps greet a new sentient species. This planet was the only one in its star system, and it was wildly peculiar in that the sun seemed to revolve around it. Imperial scientists were baffled, and while studying the star system from afar, energies reminiscent of the Force were being used to manipulate its sun. To say this piqued the interests of the Empire was an understatement, and it was determined that a sentient species inhabiting the planet were responsible. However, no known species was able to use the Force - or whatever it was - to manipulate entire stars. A fleet of some of the Empire's best were arranged quickly and dispatched to get to the bottom of this mystery.

The planet drew closer.

Imperial officers were checking up with the dedicated exploration teams one last time before they began their journey. In the vast hangers of the Executor-class dreadnought, Lambda-class shuttles were being loaded with Stormtroopers and scientists, specifically prepared to encounter a possibly hostile sentient species. The hanger bays were filled with crew members fueling up the shuttles and loading equipment into cargo holds. Soon, the hangers grew empty as the shuttles were readying for liftoff. As the command deck began radioing the pilots final instructions, the crew aboard the shuttle so eloquently named EBR-002 began to make conversation.

"What do you think we'll find down there?" The crew rose their heads as someone broke the silence. It was Esther, a Stormtrooper dedicated to protecting the scientists should something go wrong.

"We're going to find out soon enough," one of the pilots, Roan, called back to the crew cabin. "Rumors are, though, that it's some lost branch of ancient Sith lords operating out here, holding untold power to be able to control their star system..."

Galen, the other combat infantry, shakes his head. Before he can retort, the shuttle shakes and the thrusters roar as the other pilot speaks up:

"Here we go."