• Published 14th Mar 2015
  • 988 Views, 2 Comments

Silence Our Names (TwiDash - Revisited) - Workard



"Okay, just do what you came here to do, and end this nightmare" Facing a problem like never before, Dash is forced to make drastic decisions. She wants it to be all over. She wants the fear to go away, that is all she wants...

  • ...
6
 2
 988

Chapter 4

I should be getting close by now, Rainbow Dash thought, as she walked around in the afternoon. There was hardly any light around and the grass was slightly moist. If it hadn’t been because of her instincts as pegasus, she was convinced she would have gotten lost. Hopefully Princess Twilight knew her way around. As she took several steps along the high grass that tickled her hooves, she consider just flying to her destination. The option became unnecessary as she could see some light up ahead, in the form of a campfire. It was still a good walk away, but it wasn’t long before she could see Princess Twilight resting patiently on a log. Rainbow Dash had a few seconds to observe the princess before she would be noticed. The first thing she noticed was her hair that was sat up in a single long ponytail. She had placed the ponytail over her chest, so it would lay gently down her front body. As she followed the purple hair to the tip, she was stunned to see the clothes she was wearing. Rainbow Dash had figured she wouldn’t even change her clothes from the ones she saw earlier, but now she was wearing a dress-like sweater, that went down the length with rolled up sleeves. It was either a dress with long sleeves, or a long-waist sweeter. Whatever it was, it matched her blushing cheeks perfectly. It was amazing how something as simple as a sweater-dress thing, could look so beautiful. Rainbow Dash was never interested in fashion, but Twilight had clearly gotten the hang of it. Rainbow Dash’s next step was loud enough to be heard by the purple Princess. As she looked up, Dash was surprised yet again, by the sight of the red flower she still had in her hair. She couldn’t see it perfectly from current her angle, but when she turned her face towards the blue pony, it was clear to see the fresh flower that sparkled from the bouncing light created by the fire. Rainbow Dash quickly came to her senses and gave her a casual wave, with a little smile. Just as she did, Twilight got up from her position and began walking quickly towards the pegasus. Before Rainbow Dash was able to react, the purple princess had locked her hooves around her body in a tight hug.

“I’m so glad you finally came” Princess Twilight muffled, with her head buried in Rainbow Dash’s shoulder.

Finally? Am I really that late?

Dash was unable to try to calculate time, as she still had the princess around her.

“Sorry I’m late” Rainbow Dash said automatically, while shakenly wrapping her arms around Princess Twilight as well. She gently placed her chin on top of her head; while the princess still rested her head on Dash’s left shoulder. Just as she did, a sweet scent entered her nose. She was unable to describe it in her head, and even unsure if it came from Twilight or the flower she had in her hair. After a few seconds, the two girls departed and looked each other in the eyes… -or eye, as her hair covered Dash’s right eye, in an attempt to hide her bruise. Twilight had a subtle blush on her cheeks and Rainbow Dash could feel she, herself, had suffered the same fate.

“So…” The blue pony took a shot at breaking the silence.
“I like your, err… outfit” She hesitated, still unsure if it was a dress or a sweater.

“Thank you” Princess Twilight responded with a cute smile.

“Makes me feel like I should have considered something else to wear” Dash admitted, while kicking herself mentally for not choosing the skirt.

Princess Twilight giggled softly “I think you look beautiful,” she said with her eyes closed.

The part of Dash’s brain that was supposed to handle the conversation had shut down. She just stood still, with an awkward smile.

“Come, let us sit down” Twilight spoke, as she grabbed Rainbow Dash’s hoof, in order to help her to the log she was resting on before.

Dash’s body had almost kick started, more violently than she would’ve liked. Her heart began beating fast, in a similar way that it did earlier that day when they touched hooves.

As they both bounced their way past the small fire, the lower part of Princess Twilight’s sweater got pushed slightly upwards, making Rainbow Dash just able to see her bouncing behind for a second. She began blushing heavily, before quickly looking away. She felt relieved as they finally reached the small log. Twilight was the first to sit down, quickly followed by Rainbow Dash that placed herself on the edge of the log.

Twilight looked rather unpleased at Dash. “Why are you sitting there? You’re just gonna fall off. Come sit closer,” the purple princess requested.

Rainbow Dash pondered about her words for a second.

Why is acting so strange lately? She’s usually not this happy and social. Maybe she knows why I asked her to come here?

The thought startled Dash, as she looked at Princess Twilight. She had a gentle smile on her lips and her eyes were almost glowing in the light.

No. It can’t be… regardless, I should get this over with quickly.

The pegasus hesitated for a moment, but decided to do as she asked and moved closer to the purple princess.

They both sat only inches from each other. Rainbow Dash was looking into the glowing fire while trying to hide her overwhelming emotions, while Princess Twilight was silently looking up in the night sky, also looking like she was pondering something. Rainbow Dash did one last mental convincing and reached for the bag she had brought. Just as she got hold of the zipper, Twilight looked at her way with a raised eyebrow.

“So… why did you ask me out here exactly?” The princess questioned.

Rainbow Dash was unable to tell if she was suspicious or just curios.

She decided to play it cool.

“Oh, I just… thought it would be nice to hang out” Dash smiled nervously.

“Yeah, you said that, but this is not what we usually do when we… hang out” Twilight played around with the last two words.

“We usually just stay inside while I experiment with different things and you… play video games or something,” She continued.
“Even when we end up in some crazy adventure… it’s not the same as this. This is more…” The purple princess paused, apparently looking for the right word. “Corny” Dash ended the sentence for her.

“That was not what I was about to say!” Twilight said in an offended way while crossing her legs.

Rainbow Dash let out a gentle laugh. “No? What were you about the say then?”

“I-“ Twilight thought incredible much about her choice of words. “I guess corny is a synonym for what I meant to say… maybe” Dash could see that Bubblegum was embarrassed, but still amused.

“A synonym? Really? What is a synonym for corny?” Rainbow Dash tried to annoy her in a friendly way.
“Dull?” The pegasus suggested. “Stereotypical? Stupid?” she continued with a smile across her lips.

“R-Romantic” Twilight stuttered, while looking away.

“Oh” Dash’s smile faded as she stared at the back of Twilight’s head. Her body tightened while feeling awkward, as she knew this was the beginning of the silence.

“Well” Dash thought quickly in an attempt to break the silence.

“In advance of the romance, I always like to do a little belly dance” Rainbow Dash went all in, as she began moving her belly around. She kicked herself mentally of the stupidity of what she just said, but to her relief, a loud snicker was coming from Twilight. It was clear to see she was trying hard not to laugh.

I’m not gonna let you go that easily

Rainbow Dash kept at it. “You know- by any chance, I thought at first glance, you were really into breakdance” Dash blurted out rhymes that barely made sense, but she still felt proud as she subtly whispered “yeah”

“Dammit Dashie” Twilight broke out in laughter. Rainbow Dash couldn’t help but to chuckle at herself either.
The purple princess turned towards Dash with a wide smile on her lips. “You are so stupid,” she said while barely keeping the laugh tears in. “Good rhymes though” Twilight admitted, before pushing her friendly.

The blue pony giggled. “At all times, I am the master of rhym-“

“No” Twilight quickly interrupted.
“No more”

“Your loss” Rainbow Dash giggled.

Just as a second of silence occurred, Dash’s mind forced her back to reality. She had something to take care of.

Do it now.

She took a deep sigh and looked at the princess to her right. Twilight was looking into the fire, with a joyful smile. It pained her deeply that she would never see her smile like that again.

“Twi” Rainbow Dash said with a low voice.

The purple princess turned her head towards Dash, as her smile quickly faded as she saw the serious look on her face.

“The reason I brought you out here…” Dash paused, as Twilight looked intensely at her.

“Or… one of the reasons- is that I really wanted to spend some time with you. We’ve known each other for a long time and some of that time, we weren’t even that close… but that time we were, eh, familiar with each other, was still better, than the time before I met you. I have lived for a while… met so many different ponies and… most of them are gone now. I kept getting upset every time I had to say goodbye. So upset that I often avoided making friends, just so I wouldn’t get hurt again. I was stuck between choosing loneliness or… creating bonds that I knew would break”

Rainbow Dash looked down, holding in tears.

“But… when I met you… for the first time, I wasn’t scared about that anymore. All those thoughts were washed away. It doesn’t matter that someday I will lose you, because unlike all the other bonds… ours is never going to break. Even when… y-you’re gone”

Twilight shakenly placed her hoof upon Dash’s, lost for words.

“Which is why…” Rainbow Dash’s voice trembled, as she took a quick breath.
“Why this pains me so much” she finished as she opened up her bag, before looking to her right at Twilight with wet eyes.

Now…

Rainbow Dash kept her right hoof still, wanting to feel Twilight’s hoof upon hers, one final time.
As she moved her head slightly closer towards Twilight’s ear, she placed her left hoof on her purple thigh, sending a small chock through Twilight. Rainbow Dash kept moving closer with her eyes closed and her body shaking, as she was preparing to whisper the words into her ears.

Just as she were close enough to feel the sweet scent from Twilight, her head stopped moving as she made contact with something… something that wasn’t her ear.

A pair of lips upon hers had stopped Dash’s movements.

Rainbow Dash quickly opened her eyes, to see Twilight’s face before her. She was closing her eyes, with a wide blush covering her cheeks. Twilight had mistakenly thought that Rainbow Dash tried to kiss her, but even so… Dash was surprised, if not confused… yet her body felt light as air and her heart was beating in the same fashion as before, only more intensely.

Twi…

Rainbow Dash’s thoughts of jumping back were overthrown by her body’s desire to kiss her back.

With no regard for anything but this moment, Dash allowed her lips to kiss the princess.
She felt only three parts of her body at that moment. Her right hoof that had somehow intertwined with Twilight’s, her left hoof that was still placed gently upon the princesses’ left thigh… and the last place she could feel, was her lips. The slight moisture that had created between them, the light pressure around her lips, and the heat rushing from that specific spot, all throughout her body.

The mare she was sharing such an intimate moment with… it was perfect.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading chapter 4. The next chapter will be the last one for a while, but the full story contains somewhere around 12 chapters, so there will be some explaning to do and some more Twidash.