• Published 31st Mar 2015
  • 1,248 Views, 4 Comments

The Brightest Light, Cast it's Darkest Shadow - nightmare_of_the_moon



Nightmare Moon is down, but not out. As she make her way in the mind's of the mane six and try to bring out the darkness in their hearts.

  • ...
2
 4
 1,248

Prologe-The longest night on the longest day

It was a dark night tonight, the moon was at it's peck with the stars aline in Celestia's night. It was like any other night that princess Celestia gives her little ponies. But tonight however was different as a trail of indigo smoke that enters the Everfree forest.

The indigo smoke floating a good hundred meters I'm the forest. It enters a clearing, then stop as six ponies came into view, headed to The Castle of The Pony Sister. The first was a white unicorn mare named Rarity, with a purple mane and tail,and a cutie mark of three blue gems. The way she trotted about while avoiding any mud or dirt, tells she is more of a nobel rather than a tailor in a small backwater town like Ponyville.

Then came the two pegasi,the one with a rainbow mane and tail was Rainbows Dash, with a cloud with a rainbow lightning bolt for a cutie mark. The other was a shy mare with her butterscotch yellow fur was called Futtershy, with her pink mane and tail, while having three butterflys as her cutie mark. Two earth ponies fallow behind the pegasi. One on the left was a organ mare with a southern style hat was Applejack, her cutie mark was three red apples. On the right was a very odd pink mare Pinkie pie, bouncing around with her fluffy mane and tail, with an impossibly bis smilie. The last was an purple unicorn with an indigo mane and tail with a pink strip leading the group Twilight sparkle, with her cutie mark being magic as five stars encircled a larger star.

The six mare enter the castle, unknowingly being followed by the indigo smoke. Inside five stones radiating of powerful magic waiting to be sparked to life. The Twilight stayed with the stones while the others was looking around. The indigo smoke charged at the unicorn and the stones, taking them to the nearest tower leaving the others behind.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The smoke drop the Twilight and place the stones at the other end of the room around it. Then the indigo smoke turn black as it forms and becomes bones and flesh. It grow into a tall ponie, but no ordinary pony. It's fire as b black as night with both wings and horn. The most unique about this mare was her mane and tail, both represent the starry night sky in a nonexistent breeze. It's eyes are more a kin to dragons with it cat like slit eyes with the color of turquoise in a lighter turquoise where the white would have been. It gave devilish smilie, and laugh like a madmare while bearing sharp teeths of a predator. As the purple unicorn stared in horror at the alicorn before her, noneed other then mare in the moon.

Nightmare moon.

With the stones in sight, the Twilight with new found determination ready to change at nightmare. "Your kidding, your kidding right? " nightmare moon said with slight annoyance in her tone. The mare change at nightmare with her horn lite up in a purple light, then nightmare answer in kind. As the two close the distance between, then the Twilight's horn grow brighter and as they about to clash her vanish. Nightmare moon look back and see the Twilight reappear next to the stones. The Twilight lowered her head and said "Just one spark" as her horn glowed. "Come on, come on" saying in desperation, then the stones started to glow in the same color as the mare's horn.

In a act of haste nightmare moon change at Twilight sparkle to stop her from activating the stones. As nightmare moon appear before the unicorn, the stones launch the Twilight to the other side of the room. "No,No!" nightmare moon exclaimed as the stones grow brighter then they did before. Victory was in the Twilight sparkle' s grasps. Then the light of the stones faded away. The Twilight gasp in shock and yelling "But where was the sixth element!". Nightmare moon laugh as she destroy the stones into pieces. Nightmare moon look that the mare who try to stop her.

" You little fool, thinking you can defend me !" she yelled with a voice the rattle the sky."Now you will never see your princess or your sun!" She said. And finally with all of her might shout at the night sky "THE NIGHT WILL LAST FOREVER!!!" and laugh as victory is at hand. With a look of defeat, Twilight say not a word, dumbstruck by the fact that not only she failed cor mentor Celestia, also the world. But off in the distance under the laughter of Nightmare Moon, she heard her companies. As she listed to them, realization struck her and come with a spark.

She looked back a Nightmare Moon, "You think you can destroy the elements of harmony just like that?" Twilight exclaimed. And with a new found confidence she yelled "Because the spirit of the elements of harmony are right here!" As Twilight finish her sentence, the remains of the broken stones began to light up. The prices than to life into the air air, as Nightmare Moon began to feel a bit of unease.

Twilight turn to her left "Applejack, who reassured me when I was in doubt, represent the spirit of honesty." Pieces of the stones encircle Applejack and the other girls respectively. "Futtershy, who tamed the manticore with her compassion, represent the spirit of kindness. Pinkie pie, who banished fear by giggling in the face of danger, represent the spirit of laughter. Rarity, who calmed a sorrowful serpent with am meaningful gift, represent the spirit of generosity. And Rainbow Dash, who could not abandon her friends for her own heart's desire, represent the spirit of loyalty."

As Twilight continue with her speech, Nightmare Moon watch as the one thing that can stop her rear it's ugly head. But there was still one chance before everything hose to ruin "You still don't have the sixth element. The spark didn't work." For once she hope with all her being that she was right. Twilight look to Nightmare Moon with seriousness "But it did, a different kind of spark." She looked back to the girls "I felt it the very moment I realized how happy I was to hear you, to see you, how much I cared about you. The spark ignited inside me when I realized that all ...... are my friends!"

After she was done, appeared over their heads was the sixth stone. As the elements finally came together, they glow into a blinding light that forced Nightmare Moon to shield her eyes with her wing. "You see Nightmare Moon, when those elements, are ignited by the .... the spark that resides in the heart of us all, it creates the sixth element ..... The element of magic!" Than the elements glow ever brighter as the elements began to reform anew. Nightmare Moon look as a feeling she had not felt in her lifetime.

Pure and utter terror.

Than a rainbow sky rocket from the elements towards her. All she can do was scream "NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" than everything was black as she was ripped apart by a rainbow.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading so far. It's been great try for the first time to write as story as this. Try to understand, not only that I'm doing may first story, but my first story spin off the show.
Thanks for your understanding, and enjoy story .:pinkiehappy:
also I may need to edit a few here and there. But will get it right eventually.