• Published 26th Mar 2015
  • 2,518 Views, 69 Comments

Twilight's First Foals -- Episode I - The Hybrid Changelings - One Universe One story



Twilight wakes up from a nightmare to find two young foals on her door step. Turns out they're changeling hybrids and the kids of Sombra and Chrysalis. Well she was told to teach them love and she'll try! But what if Celestia visits and finds out.

  • ...
10
 69
 2,518

Chapter Nine: As Different As 'Mydnyght' And 'Mydday'

"The Light Heart?' asked Twilight, confused by Celestia's prior comments.

"The Light Heart is a sacred treasure given to Luna and I to protect," started Celestia. "Through it, one has the possibility of learning Light Magic, such as 'Revive', the spell I used to give Chrysalis a second chance."

"Why are you just now bringing this up?" asked Twilight, agitated by Celestia's withholding of information.

"Because you just now inquired about it," replied Celestia with a playful smile.

"Ugh..." Twilight groaned as she face-hoofed. "Where is the Light Heart now?"

Celestia started to giggle slightly. "I believe you already know where it is."

"What do you mean 'I already know where it is'? And what's so funny?" asked Twilight even more angered by Celestia's laugher.

"I'll give you a hint as to where it is," Celestia stated as she tried to calm herself. "Your brother has seen it almost daily since he married Princess Cadence and moved to the Crystal Empire."

It took only a few seconds for it to click in Twilight's mind what and where the Light Heart was.

"You've masked it as the Crystal Heart, haven't you?"

"Yes, all the easier to protect don't you think?"

"Considering it almost fell in the wrong hooves the first and second time Equestria had to deal with Sombra-" Meta commented as her holograph appeared between the two mares.

"Can it, Meta," the two mares said in a flat tone simultaneously.

"Yes, Director, Princess Celestia," the holographic mare said as it flattened it’s ears and lowered it’s head.

"Now, I'll summon the Light Heart and I'll see if it reacts to your aura," said Celestia as her horn began to glow. "That will let me know if you can learn Light Magic."

An intense light began to shine from Celestia's horn, momentarily blinding Twilight. Within moments the Crystal Heart appeared between Celestia and Twilight.

While the light was shining from Celestia's horn, Myx walked into the lab in search of something to heal his mother's snapped horn.

"No, thisss won't work," Myx mumbled to himself as he looked throughout Twilight's collection of full beakers.

When Twilight and Celestia weren't paying attention to the Crystal Heart, it began to spin and glow. Celestia soon noticed and saw that it was reacting to Myx' aura.

"Myx, come here please," Celestia asked.

As Myx got closer to the Crystal Heart, it began to spin faster and shine brighter. When he was about half a yard away the Crystal Heart completely changed forme. It was now solid white with the exception of the shading of the altered surface angles.

"Misss Cccelessstia, what'sss that?" asked Myx in curiosity.

"That would be the Light Heart and judging by the way it just acted, you can learn Light Magic," Celestia said to the foal with a hint of wonder in her voice. "Come, touch it."

Myx did as he was told and touched the Light Heart. As he did, a ribbon of light came out of it and wrapped around him.

Chrysalis walked into the lab just in time to see the light die down. Her son now looked different.

Myx was now as tall as Chrysalis. His coat-shell was now creme colour. His horn was solid blue. His mane and tail were now flowing light energy. And there was a green-ish gold mist flowing from his eyes. His voice also changed to sound almost like Sombra’s.

"Myx!" exclaimed Chrysalis rushing to her son in shock. "What happened to you?"

"Mother, for the future's sake," Myx began oddly, "call me Mydday Myxer."

Chrysalis stood there speechless at what her son had just said and how he said it.

"What do you mean 'for the future's sake', Mydday?" asked Celestia, obeying Myx' wish.

"I mean... Ugh, how to explain, um...." Mydday pondered.

"Something in the future has something to do with you being called Mydday Myxer?" Meta asked as her holograph reappeared near the four equines.

"Yes... Specifically, fighting Sombra," He replied.

"Fighting Sombra?" asked Chrysalis in shock of what her son was saying.

"When I fight him, Sister will proclaim her name to be 'Mydnyght Nixus'," Mydday said.

"So I had a vision?" Chrysalis mumbled to herself.

"Yes, Mother, I believe you did have a vision," Mydday stated as he caught the stray comment.

"Wait, you had a vision?!?" asked Twilight in excite.

“I-I guess, but that’s not important right now,” said Chrysalis. “What’s important is my son learning Light Magic.”

"Alright, what would you like to learn first?" asked Celestia as she faced Mydday.

Mydday looked at Chrysalis and then back at Celestia.

"A spell that will restore my mother's horn.”

"In that case, let me just summon the Light Scrolls," Celestia said in slight complaint.

"Is learning Light Magic really that hard?" asked Mydday in wonder.

“Well… All you really have to do is merely glance at the scroll and you will immediately know the spell that is on it,” explained Celestia.

“Well that seems easy,” commented Chrysalis.

“Though, he’ll still have to practice using the spell before he’s able to use it successfully,” Celestia finished.

“Oh,” Chrysalis sighed.

Elsewhere…

Nix regained consciousness and found herself in a cave system deep in the Badlands’ SouthEast corner. She spotted Sombra looking out of a hole in the roof of the cave. He was staring at the moon.

“F-Father, w-where’sss Brother?”

“I dropped him off with your mother,” Sombra stated as he faced Nix. “He was of no use to me… Us.”

“Usss?” asked Nix in confusion.

“Yes, us. You want to help me change Equestria into a more beautiful world, don’t you?”

“Um…” Nix replied, pondering her decision.

“It’s a simple question, foal, it deserves a simple answer!” Sombra snapped before returning to his normal tone. “Sorry… Well, don’t you?”

“Y-yesss, Father,” said Nix in a bit of fear mixed with curiosity.

“Good. Follow me,” said Sombra as he turned into a mist and began to float away through the cave system.

Nix followed shortly behind. She soon found herself looking at an orange Pegasus in golden armour inside of a black crystal cage.

“Stay away from me, Sombra!” the Pegasus yelled as Sombra returned to his normal forme.

“F-Father, who isss he?” asked Nix in wonder as she observed the Pegasus backing into the corner of the cage furthest from Sombra.

“He… Is a nuisance,” Sombra said as his horn shimmered sending a black mist around the Pegasus.

When the mist lifted, the Pegasus lay on the cage floor unconscious.

“F-Father! What happened to him?” asked the young filly in fear.

“I simply made him fall asleep,”stated Sombra flatly.

“Oh. Um, Father, c-can you, um, teach me sssome magic?” Nix asked nervously.

“Certainly,” Sombra started. “But first, follow me. There’s something I want to show you.”

Sombra turned back into a mist and drifted further into the cave system. Nix followed closely behind.

After about five minutes of walking, Nix questioned the remaining distance to their destination.

“Just a little while longer,” Sombra said, ending in a bit of laughter.

Nix did not contest her Father’s reply and continued walking through the caverns.

After another two minutes they arrived at a black heart-shaped gem embedded in the wall of the far end of the cave they were in.

Sombra returned to his normal forme and began to sing a song to Nix:

”Come to me, fo-al, and fol-low my way

“In-to a world of dark-ness and ma-gic

“With all my pow-er, I’ll show you the way

“To all your dreams, hopes, and il-lu-sions.”

“Go ahead... Touch it… Touch the gem… Touch the Dark Heart,” Sombra said, promptly followed by Nix touching the Dark Heart.

A black mist shrouded around Nix and she began to change forme.

She grew to the size of Chrysalis, her horn grew to a size twice as long as Chrysalis’, her eyes turned Dragon-like and solid violet with a violet mist flowing from them, her fangs grew longer, her wings grew larger, and her mane and tail became flowing dark matter. Finally, her voice now sounded almost like Chrysalis’.

“Father, I’ve seen a bit of what I believe is the future… I will fight Brother… And you will fight Mother and Twilight,” said Nix.

“And who wins?” asked Sombra succeeded by Nix laughing.

“We do, Father,” replied Nix in laughter.

“Good,” Sombra laughed, “at least we win. And all Equestria will be ours!”

“But there’s one catch, father,” Nix said. “I have to have the Dark Heart.”

“Anything to gain control of Equestria!” Sombra laughed. “Nix, you’ve just made me one of the happiest ponies in Equestria!”

“Father, please… Call me ‘Mydnyght Nixus’,” Nix said with an angered expression on her face.

“Yes, Mydnyght,” replied Sombra trying to calm his daughter.

“Thank you, Father,” said Mydnyght. “May you please begin teaching me magic now?”

“I’ll do better,” Sombra said with a laugh. ”I’ll teach you Dark Magic.”

A few weeks later…

“Mother, I’ve been practicing this spell for over a week and… I think I’m ready to try and heal your horn,” said Mydday as he looked off the balcony of the West Spire of Twilight’s castle at the sunset.

“Are you sure you can do it, Mydday?” asked chrysalis as she turned to face her son.

“Yes,” Mydday replied assuring his mother the spell would be successful.

“Alright, I’m ready,” Chrysalis responded a few moments later.

Mydday’s horn began to glow and a ribbon of light extended from his mane to wrap around Chrysalis. When the ribbon of light faded, Chrysalis had her horn again.

“M-Mydday! Y-You actually succeeded!” exclaimed Chrrysalis.

“What? What is it? What did he-” Twilight exclaimed as she walked onto the balcony after seeing an intense light from the Spire Room. “Mydday… Y-you healed your mother’s horn!”

“Now I need know only two spells more,” said Mydday as he took one last gaze at the sun before going off to find Celestia.

Mydday found Celestia in the guest quarters in the North Spire. There were two guards posted by the door, one on either side.

“I seek audience with Her Majesty,” Mydday stated.

“I’m sorry. She’s having a private conversation with-”

“Let him in,” called Celestia’s voice through the door.

“Yes, Your Majesty,” the two guards responded simultaneously, succeeded by the door to the room opening.

Mydday walked in and found Celestia and Luna sitting around a table in the Southeast side of the room.

“Your Majesties, I have a request.”

“What is it Mydday?” asked Luna.

“It’s more of a request from Princess Celestia,”Mydday started. “I wish to learn both of the Light Magic attack spells.”

Celestia almost choked on her tea when she heard his request.

“Mydday, do you have any Idea what that takes!?!”

“Sound mind, sound body, pure heart, complete control of the situation, and a lot of Light Energy.”

“These aren’t spells you can just go out and practice, they cause massive destruction. I’ve only had to use them once against Tirek and even then I had never before attempted them. I just barely pulled them off.”

“This is a request not for my own gain.... But for the protection of all Equestria from Sombra.”

“Still, I cannot risk-”

“Sister!” Luna yelled gaining Celestia’s attention. “Even if there is a large risk accompanying the use of these spells, I believe he can and will manage to use it with succession. Regardless of his adversary.”

“Luna! How can you say such things!” Celestia exclaimed. “You know full good and well that the Badlands weren’t always a barren, desolate wasteland!”

“Yes, I do. And I remember that day well. But, I believe with my entire being that he will pull it off,” Luna said calmly.

“Luna!”

“Please, Sister.”

“... Alright. I’ll teach him. But you must promise me this Mydday,” Celestia said as she faced Mydday, “Only use them on Sombra.”

“I… I cannot promise that.”

“And why not?”

“The more destructive of the two will hit not only Sombra but Mother as well.”

“You do know what you’re saying?”

“Yes.”

“And you do know-”

“Yes.”

“What do you plan to do about it?”

“I have a plan. Don’t worry.”

“I am worried and I will stay that way until Sombra is defeated.”

A tear came to Mydday’s eye. “I will not kill my Father, but I will not let Sombra escape.”

“And how-”

Mydday’s mane and tail turned blood red. He looked up at the roof and yelled: “PLEASE DON’T QUESTION MY REASONING!”

There was complete silence in the room until the guards burst through the door.

“Your Majesties, we’ll handle him,” one said.

“No,” Celestia responded.

“But, Princess Celestia-” the other started.

“Silence!” Celestia exclaimed. “He’s only pressured by the burden of fighting his Father. Please, let him be,” Celestia said calmly.

“Is that a choice, Your Majesty?” asked the first.

“Yes. Because I will let you try and take him, but if you do it would only prove how stupid you are.”

The guards looked at each other and left the room closing the door behind them.

Mydday stood in that spot for five minutes facing the ground eyes closed and breathing heavily out of anger and sorrow. His mane and tail soon returned to their white Light Matter state.

“I… I… I’m sorry…” Mydday said before bursting into tears and running out of the room.

On his way to the South Spire, Mydday past his mother, Chrysalis. He ran past her not even acknowledging she was there.

“Mydday? Mydday! MYX!!” Chrysalis exclaimed as she watched her son rush past her in sorrow and anger, sensing his emotions as he did.

This prompt her to follow after.

Mydday kept running until he was on the balcony of the south Spire where he jumped off and began to fly towards the Badlands.

“NOOO!” Chrysalis cried as she saw where he was headed. “Twilight! TWILIGHT!”

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long for us to get this out. We've been working on a request that, at the time of Meta writing this, has yet to be completed. Also, we were wondering if anyone would like the job of editing our book. We unfortunately lost our last editor to another anime series. If interested contact us at: bronyears@gmail.com. Note this our writing account.