• Published 27th Feb 2015
  • 4,409 Views, 144 Comments

The New Kid - GodOfBBQ



You have just arrived to the well known high school, Canterlot High.

  • ...
16
 144
 4,409

The Assignment

Chapter 4

The Assignment

It’s been a fairly easy week for you surprisingly. You've made sure to avoid Gilda at all costs, the threat about getting a knife to the liver still tainting your brain.

You've even managed to make a couple friends here and there, but it wasn't easy to get a lot of guy friends. Since literally the whole school is about 69% female.

‘Honestly, I must do a survey on the amount of girls in this school!’ You've thought to yourself on many different occasions.

You've even got the chance to meet three new students. All three looking like rejected Monster High characters, all three having larger than life hair, (literally).

However you can’t remember their names, something like Adagio, Sonata and…

‘I’m always forgetting the third one.’

But you do know that they have a good set of vocal cords on them on account of their singing talent. They even put on a little show in the cafeteria just yesterday. But you couldn't hear it yourself because Taco Tuesday can be a bitch on your bowels.

But, the main thing that was on your mind for the majority of the week, was the upcoming assignment in English, where you’re practically going to be forced to work with Gilda because Miss. Cherilee hasn't kept it a secret that you and the rest of the students will be working in class.

Today was the day where you’d start work on the assignment. The assignment was vaguely explained except for the basics.

It’ll be about a book.

‘Wow… I really need to pay more attention in class.’

Today you would have to make contact with Gilda again.

‘Great! And to think it was actually a good week after Monday...’

~***~

You slowly make your way into the classroom. Looking like a spy under investigation, you rush to your desk and took a seat.

You soon see all the other students fill the room. The shy girl, the curly haired pink girl, a couple other random students you haven’t met yet or will never meet, and no Gilda.

Maybe this day will work out just fine! Maybe you’ll be paired up with an existing group and you’ll be able to work with them instead of Gilda.

“Sup’ Dipstick!” You hear a familiar voice say. You look to the empty desk next to you as you groan in annoyance as you see Gilda staring back at you with an angry expression.

‘Well… It was nice while it lasted.’

“Hey Gilda…” You say with annoyance. She has a mad grin on her face which in turn made you feel slightly uncomfortable.

“So, you ready for round 2 after school today?” Gilda asks with a hint of anger in her voice.

You’re completely baffled. Is she talking about another fight? Is she serious?

‘No! She can’t be! No, she can’t be that retarded!’

Before you can ask what the hell is wrong with her, you hear the voice of your teacher say,

“Okay, today you’ll be getting into your groups. The assignment is to write a five page essay on the Vietnamese war.”

‘So that’s why we read that stupid Vietnam book!’

As you recollect on the headaches and the pounds of Tylenol you've ingested just so you can numb the pain of that awfully written novel. You feel a forceful, yet light punch on your shoulder.

you turn your head to see Gilda with a blank face.

“What?” You ask, very annoyed at this point.

“You got a pencil I can borrow?” You sigh at the question. You dig through your backpack for a spare pencil to give to Gilda.

You soon find one…

Pierced in your hand when you shove your hand into the bag to look for the pencil.

“Ah! Crap!” You whisper loudly, trying to avoid the teacher hear your profanities. You hear giggling and chuckling from Gilda who has a cocky grin on her face. Obviously pleased by the pain you endure.

“Whore! Take the stupid pencil!” You say, throwing the pencil to her as she catches it with her right hand.

You shake off the slight pain in your hand as you grab your own pencil and you begin writing your essay. You've always been a fast writer, so you have no trouble finishing the introduction and the first paragraph in a matter of minutes.

As you begin to get a rhythm in writing, you feel a kick to the side of your leg from Gilda. You snap your head to her as she still shows off that cocky grin. You brush it off as nothing and you get back to writing.

‘In the story, the main character starts off as an ungrateful, pushy, and brash this soon all changes once she leaves Vietnam and arrives in-’

Your train of thought is broken by another kick to the leg from Gilda. Almost reaching your breaking point, you gently place your pencil on the desk as you begin to take deep breaths. Gilda’s presence is already doing enough damage on your calmness, but now she’s intentionally messing with you as you work.

“Gilda, why are you kicking me?” You ask respectfully.

“Cuz’ it’s fun.” She says while kicking you again.
“Well, can you please stop? It’d be nice if you did.” You say while on the verge of a breakdown.

“Why? Is it hurting you? Is wittle Anon getting hurt? Haha!” She says in a mocking matter. Before you can reply, she continues.

“Why don’t you just run back home to Mommy so she can save you. You fucking Mama’s Boy!”

This does it for you. Your eye begins to twitch as you slam your fist on the table. But you make sure to do it lightly enough to not gain the attention of the teacher or the students around you.

“You know what Gilda!? I've had it up to HERE! With your shit!” You whisper yell, raising your hand above your head.

“Yes Anon? You have a question?” Cherilee asks.

“No ma’am, just stretching!” You say almost regaining your sane voice.

You turn back to Gilda who is blank in the face with surprise.

“Now! I don’t know why you have a problem with me, I realize that I may have humiliated you during our fight by punching you in the breast, but by now, that should be forgiven and forgotten! I don’t know if your jealous with me, or you’re just a terrible person but I’d like it if you’d just back the hell off!” You say, almost forgetting about the teacher who simply glanced up at the raise of volume.

Gilda stares at you with squinted eyes and a scrunched up face.

“Or what? Will you have your Mommy beat me up?” She mocks.

“And what’s with the Mommy teasing? You got a problem with my mother? Yeah, I love my mom! I’ll fucking die for her! Same goes to my dad! Both of them! Unlike your parents whoever they are! I bet they don’t even love you! Who would want to love a giant, worthless, brainless, stupid, bitch like you? I know if my wife were to give birth to you, I’d make her get a freaking abortion than have to muscle through raising your sorry ass! So, at the end of today, I’ll go home and love my parents while you go home to your little cage in the attic where your mother forgets to feed you, and where you father beats you!”

Your eye twitches uncontrollably as you stare at the stone face of Gilda. The longer you stare, the more her expressionless face begins to break. After a few seconds of staring, her face finally faltered and she hides her face in her arms as she practically shrinks into her aviator jacket.

You snap out of your heartless, angry self as you look at the damage you've caused. You see her back bounce up and down, signifying that she’s crying. You never thought you’d be the one to make Gilda cry. You never thought Gilda would cry in the first place.

You then realize that you resorted back to doing exactly what you didn't want to do in the first place. Then a terrible, horrible thought popped into your mind.

‘I've just became the antagonist… Oh God no! Please no!’

As you begin the mentally panic, you hear Gilda get up from her seat.

“Cherilee can I go to the bathroom!?” She asks, she sounds desperate to leave, almost sounding scared with a hint of sadness. You can’t help but feel bad for the girl, sure she was messing with you in the first place, but she didn't deserve to be chewed out like that.

‘What have I done? Oh Christ it happened again!’ You think to yourself as you begin to tear up yourself.

As you watch Gilda make her way to the door, you see her swiftly open the classroom door and barge out; whilst making sure to give you a sad, yet angry stare, only breaking your heart even more.

‘I’m sorry… Gilda, I’m so, so sorry!’