• Published 25th Feb 2015
  • 906 Views, 43 Comments

Diablo - StoneWare13



Rainbow had never forgiven the ShadowBolts for trying to take her away, so when rainbow dash discovers that they where spotted over ponyville, she tells all her friends to inform her of any news. But applejack life gets hard, when she is forced to l

  • ...
7
 43
 906

Chapter 5: Good thinking, Bad shadow

Author's Note:

Diablo's POV
I would also like to say a thanks to spirit guide. for his time to edit my chapters. I don't think I would have the likes I have without him.

Enjoy
LemonZing

X

The barn was black... No fancy words were needed to describe the four walls that enclosed Diablo. He had fallen asleep next to her, the pony which he owed his life to. When she had drifted off he had tried his hardest to sleep, but his sleep was just more blackness. It was darker than the fires of Tartarus when his name was crafted from the soul of Tirek himself.

The way Applejack smiled as she snuggled into his side was strange to Diablo. It looked like she was enjoying the dream-filled world that comes with sleep. Could she see things like colors and life? Was she… dreaming?

He had heard whispers among his peers of such dreams, which you live when you sleep; a life where the impossible is achievable. To Diablo, this tale could only be the wish of some mad pony let out too early from the cell...a pony like half the team he had lived for.

Diablo studied the mare at his side; her fur, soft and gentle. With each breath, the smallest of tuffs would tickle his belly. A smoothening movement, which he could never lie about, was wondrous. There were many strange feelings sparking when his eyes had first looked upon her powerful feminine body. Feelings he’d never felt... Feeling of loneliness and desperation to see those freckled checks; he had become attached.

But why? Why was he mentally attached to an earth pony? He couldn’t understand it. At night, he would thing about her just to cure his... loneliness? He wanted to know more, more about her and about the life she lives on the farm he had fallen into. This mare, who magically comforted him, was a mystery he would one day discover.

"Diablo."

A soft whisper flowed through the barn, causing the hairs on the edge of Diablo’s mane to stick up.

"Diablo," it repeated. Again and again the voice called out, each time becoming more noticeable. He knew that voice... the voice he feared more that the dreamless nights.

"Is... Is that you?" Diablo called out, looking about nervously.

"Yes, my dear," the voice whispered. It was her.

"Where are you?" Diablo scanned the dark barn, inspecting the shadows that engulfed the dust-infested framework.

"My dear, you really must have hit your head for you not know where I lie." Her words dripped with the poison that ran through her veins.

Within the more dense shadows she appeared, her outline giving the impression of a demon, her glowing eyes visible to a common pony but not her shape. Something Diablo’s night vision, a skill that only the most potential Shadowbolts were born with, could see.

"What do you want?" he growled, wrapping his wing protectively around the sleeping form of the earth pony beside him.

"For you to return to us. Your time away has saddened our family." She began to amble through the shadows. With each step, the light sound of hooves upon straw invaded the night air.

Diablo’s eyes narrowed as he tracked the psychopath. "What about you? Don't you want me back?"

"Well... I myself care not for your well-being, but rather for the empty spot in our team. You leave me with an even number."

Her casual tone angered Diablo. How could she care so little for a pony who had dedicated a life of depression to her? "I am not coming back!" he grunted.

She paused, frowning behind the goggles she wore. "Please, my sweet. You must return to your home." Her pause gave the stallion time to think about his options. "Diablo! Return to us."

"Never," he hissed, raising his voice just enough to make his point clear, but not wake Applejack.

Her anger rose. She gritted her teeth and spoke her venomous words with clarity. "Diablo... I will not repeat my words to a disrespectful colt like yourself. Now come!"

He sniggered "Or what?"

"Oh Diablo, you forget my power." Her voice had become a whisper as the cunning words left her scarred lips.

"So what? You won’t do anything to me. You don't have the guts." For the first time in years, Diablo felt in control. With the honest farmpony sleeping by his side, he felt powerful... Unstoppable.

The dark figure shook her head. "Oh, no no. I would never do such a thing to the next captain. But your friend-“ She pointed a thin hoof at Applejack "-may not be in such a favorable position." Her lips formed a smile, that of wicked demon, a face she had mastered.

The smile slipped off Diablo’s face. "NO! You can't... she has done nothing to you!" he implored, trying his best not to disturb AJ’s slumber.

She sniggered maliciously. "If you wish her to remain within this world alive, you will return." The psychopath melted into the cloud of dark magic as it twisted and churned, flowing out the barn window. "You have until the second full moon to comply with my demands, or your little earth pony will go through Tartarus." The demoness’s aura vanished, leaving behind a dark feeling with a terrible foreboding.

Diablo’s adrenaline boiled inside him as he imagined the pain that would come from any action of that monster. He looked down at Applejack. "I will never let her hurt you," he whispered to his savior. "All you have shown me was compassion and caring, and a pony with such beauty and strength should be protected. As long as you don’t know of her ways, you shall love the life you live."

He held onto Applejack, gently running a shaky hoof through her mane "If I was half of the Element of Honesty you represent, I would tell you... tell you that through the few days we have talked, I have considered you as a friend. As you lie beneath my wing, I pray all you dreams flow with the joyful memories of your adventures. For ‘til sunrise, I will protect you."