• Published 23rd Mar 2015
  • 4,963 Views, 217 Comments

A Super New World of Infinity - RainbowSixtySix



Equestria has been destroyed due to a magical overload. Thanks to Arceus, The Pokemon God; All of Equus inhabitants have been saved and transportated to the Pokemon World. Can the ponies and the rest of Equus live in harmony with Pokemon?

  • ...
8
 217
 4,963

Chapter 8: Trouble in the Drilbur Coal Mine(Edited).

The next day had arrived quickly and it was already the afternoon. Twilight is currently sitting on a stool in the cafe called, Spinda's Cafe. She was a bit surprised that her friend, Pinkie is now working here, along with the Cakes. She watched her pink friend, delivering drinks and special dishes to each table. She looked around the cafe and notices the Pokemon and Ponies together and eating, possibly conversing about themselves. She then turned around fully and noticed her friends and new friends sitting with each other, talking. There was Spike of course, her new friends Artemis and Tusk, Applejack and her friend Amaterasu, Rarity, Velvet, Fluttershy, Capricorn, Valentine and Rainbow Dash. Her friend, Latias was nowhere to be found, probably at the Wigglytuff Guild. Twilight smiled as Pinkie had delivered her order.

"Here ya go Twilight, One cup of Oran berry juice with a plate of pink sweet poffins! I had tried the poffins before and they are GOOOOOOD!! You'll love them Twilight!" Pinkie said as she handed over the plate confectioneries to Twilight.

"You should also taste the chocolate ones. Now those are even more delicious. HEY! MR. ALAKANOCHI?! Can I take a break and sit with my friends now?"

"Yeah! Mr. Alakanochi!" Valentine teased.

The Spinda rolled his spiral dizzy eyes and nodded. "It's Mr. Alonsa and yes you may, Pinkie. I would never keep you away from your friends." The pink pony cheered and rushed to her friends.

'That pony could never say my name right.' Spinda thought with a chuckle.

The two mares walked or rather hopped in Pinkie's case to the table of their friends. Twilight sat next to Artemis while Pinkie sat next Valentine, the table was almost full and only had room for one more. Right now, the conversation the bundle of friends were having was about occasional tournaments that happen in the Pokemon World. How most Pokemon like to battle for sport and test their strength.

"So let me get this straight. Pokemon enjoy fighting just to prove how strong they are? Even though it could hurt them pretty bad?! That's rather barbaric if you ask me." Rarity exclaimed.

"I agree..."Fluttershy replied.

Now hold on...fighting is in our blood. So while we do love a challenge, we also fight for justice and to protect those who are precious to us. If you want to blame on the barbaric ones. Blame the Saeva Pokemon." Artemis said.

This caught Twilight's attention.

'Saeva Pokemon? Is that another type I don't know about?'

"Artemis? What are Saeva Pokemon? Are they a new type of Pokemon?"

Amaterasu shook his head and looked at the princess of friendship. "No. Saeva; which means 'savage' in Latin. They are a group of bad Pokemon who like to do bad things and cause nothing but destruction. So watched out for them."

The ponies nodded and continued eating their food until Rainbow Dash spoke up. She had noticed her friend, Latias wasn't present. Where is that Pokemon? She probably was still hanging around in the Adventure Union doing some minor missions or something. She wondered what kind of missions she was getting. However, thoughts of her were interrupted when said Pokemon burst through the doors of the Spinda Cafe.

"Oh, there she is----Yo! Latias! Where ya been?! I was looking all over for you. Ya haven't bailed out on me, eh?"

Latias looked excited, really excited. She rushed towards Rainbow and pulled her into a big hug.

"Eh? What's with the hug?"

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"Blaziken Butt! But seriously, I was checking our mail when I heard a cry from a distressed Azumarill."

-Flashback-


The eon Pokemon was reading through the mail of Rainbow's new home. Latias now stayed with the prismatic pony along with her little adopted sister, Scootaloo. Scootaloo seemed to like her as well, even going so far as giving her an affectionate nickname which is 'Little Torchic'. Right now the mail was nothing but welcoming letters to Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo. She was hoping for a distress Pokemon to send in some SOS mail. She sighed was just about to give up when she heard cries of help. Looking to her left, she sees a crying Azumarill calls for the help of a rescue team.

"Please! Anybody?! Can Anybody help me out here!? Please....." She called out.

'I wonder what's her problem? She's obviously in trouble.' Wondered Latias.

The eon Pokemon flew towards the sad looking water-type Pokemon and asked her what is wrong.

"I lost my little sister, Mizu somewhere in the Drilbur Coal Mine . You see, we were exploring the mine, trying to find some scales to cure our sick mother. But then, we were attacked by a Gabite and it took my little sister, I managed to escape but my sister is still in there. I wanted to go up there on my own---but I couldn't find her anywhere in the mine. I even tried to ask the rescue teams of the Adventure Union. However, no luck as they were all too busy doing their own missions. I really wish there was a rescue team available. I'll pay them anything, I don't care how much, I just want my little sister back." She sobbed.

Latias felt sad for her and place her claws on the Azumarill's shoulders. She gave determined look and smile at the Pokemon.

"Don't worry friend, I'll take the mission." Latias replied.

This shocked the Azumarill, She'll do it?! She'll really save her little sister, Mizu?! As if reading her mind, Latias had answered her question. The psychic-type Pokemon smiled at the Azumarill and placed her claws on her shoulders with a determined look on her face.

"I'll do it!"

"W-What?"

"I said. I'll do. It must be terrible, not being able to help out your little sister? Well, don't you worry. Me and my pal, Rainbow Dash will find her and bring her home. We are a rescue team known as 'The Mist Rainbooms.' "

Azumarill wiped her tears and looked at the eon Pokemon in pure happiness. This 'Rainbow Dash' must of been a pony friend of hers. She heard about the odd creatures that came from a distant planet and what had happened to said planet. To her, the creatures seem nice and friendly, however, some are cautious and already want the creatures of Equus gone, someone like Mr. Paladin. She looked at the determined Latias and nodded, giving her a hopeful smile.

"Okay. Please save my sister---uh... what is your name?" She asked

"My name is Latias. And don't worry, we will. Just stay here, I'll go get my friend Rainbow and tell her the news." She ordered as she dashed off to go find the rainbow pony.



-Flashback-


"No way!" Rainbow shouted.

"It's true. And she'll be trapped there forever if we don't do something about it." Latias said hastily.

Rainbow leaped off her seat and jumped right in front of the eon Pokemon with a determined grinned plastered on her face.

"What kind of pony would I be to refuse help like that, I'm Rainbow Dash---one of the greatest heroes in Equestria! And soon, the Pokemon world." She boasted. Twilight, Rarity and Applejack just rolled their eyes at how presumptuous their friend can be. But then they realized something, Rainbow and Latias can't go out there on their own. They had to help them get Mizu back.

"Alright, Lati. Lead the way." Rainbow ordered. Before the Pokemon and Pony could leave the cave, however, Twilight and Applejack had stopped them from leaving.

"Now, hold on just a minute, Sugarcubes. We are comin' witcha." Applejack announced. Twilight nods at that.

Latias was about to reply, but Amaterasu and Artemis beat her to the punch.

"Sorry, all of you can't. Only Latias and Rainbow are allowed to go." Amaterasu replied.

"And why the hay not?!" Both Applejack and Rainbow demanded. Feeling a bit angry that they all can't go together.

"Well... for 1. Only four members of a rescue team are allowed to be in dungeons. This is because of the dungeons won't be so over crowded and your chances of getting lost are decreased significantly. And finally, for 2. you'll have to be a member of that rescue team and have some training under your built to join them. I'm sorry girls. It's the law." The Absol apologized.

The mane six were at a loss for words. They simply could not believe that they were not allowed to help their friend in this kind of mission. What if she gets hurt or even worse?

However, soon after; Rainbow grinned and looked at her friends. They can trust her.

"Don't worry girls. Me and Latias can handle this easily. Trust me." She winked.

The mane five sighed and told the two to be careful and wished the rescuers good luck.

'Ya'll better come back, Ok.' Applejack demanded.


Rainbow Dash and Latias are currently talking to the Azumarill about the situation at hand. She was surprised that she was right about Latias' partner. She already liked the mare's courage and kindness, willing to help out and bring Mizu back safely so they could cure their sick mother. The Azumarill hugged the mare and Latias tightly, crying tears of joy.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!"

"No problem. I also didn't catch your name." Latias said.

"Umi. It's Umi." She smiled as she wiped her tears. "You two better get going. Please save my little sister, I beg you." She pleaded.

"You can count on us." Rainbow Dash replied.

"Yeah. We won't let you down! That's a promise!" Latias added.


Latias and Rainbow Dash stood at an opening that was on the other side of the village. The two had packed up 3 Pecha berries, 3 Oran berries, Spikes, Apples and an Escape Orb, just in case. They looked at each other and nodded to themselves, this will be their first mission so they have to give it their all.

"You ready?" Asked Latias.

"I was born ready!" Rainbow replied with a challenging grin.

The two friends put on determined faces and walked down the dirt road ready for the challenge that awaits them.

'Don't worry Mizu, We're coming to help.' Latias vowed, not aware of the upcoming dangerous that awaits them ahead.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed chapter 8.


Sorry for the incredibly long wait and for the shortness of it....I was going through some things.......

...Also, I'm going to college on the 18th of August! YAY! :D