• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 4,454 Views, 765 Comments

The Rainboom Thieves - KingJoltik



In an alternate world, the Mane Six are master thieves known as the Rainbooms!

  • ...
17
 765
 4,454

PreviousChapters Next
The Element of Magic Epilogue

“Welcome back everypony!” said Twilight with a huge smile. “How is everypony?”

“Twilight!” they all said as the seven ponies started hugging each other.

After several hugs and smiles, the seven sat down at the meeting room. Applejack spoke first.

“Okay Twi, it's nice seeing everypony again, but you have a lot of explaining to do!”

“Well Applejack, the reason I haven't explained anything was due to the fact that none of us could contact Rainbow, Pinkie or Scootaloo.”

“Sorry...” said Rainbow with a small smile. “We were...well...enjoying our trip...”

“I know.” said Twilight in a calm tone, “You had every right to enjoy it. However, due to what happened to me, I wanted to tell everypony at the same time so that's why I waited.”

“Well, we're here darling. Go ahead.” said Rarity.

Twilight then got up and left the room only to come back with two items. One was the box with six keyholes, the other was a small case.

“What's all this?”

Twilight then rubbed her eyes and said, “Oh boy...where do I begin...”

Meanwhile in Canterlot...

This past month, Luna had began to adjust herself as the now returned Princess of the Moon. She had started to learn all she had missed after being imprisoned for so many years. However, she began to worry for her sister, Celestia. Celestia, though she would still do her royal duties, would barely do anything public unless necessary. Luna then finally confronted her.

“Sister!” said Luna as she entered Celestia's chamber.

“Yes Luna?” said Celestia in a depressed tone.

“This past month...I have been slowly putting myself back as a princess but...you...have you ran the kingdom like this in my absence?!”

“What do you mean?”

“Sister, all you do is the basic paperwork and then you come in here and sulk! Is that all you did in my absence?!”

“No Luna...it's just...I don't know...”

“Know what?”

“I...do you remember when we became princesses?”

“Yes.”

“Well...Luna, we when became them, we knew at that time what are destiny was.”

“Indeed. I am the Princess of the Moon as you are of the Sun. What's wrong with that?”

“It's just...I don't know now...”

“I don't understand.”

“Well...do you remember when my student, Sunset Shimmer left?”

“You mean the one that I told you could also be the Princess of the Sun when I first saw her?”

“Yes...”

One month ago...

“You wanted to see me princess?” asked Sunset Shimmer as she entered Celestia's chamber.

“Yes. I have something very important to tell you.” said Celestia with hesitation.

“What is it?”

“I'm going to stop your training.”

“What?” said Sunset in shock. “Why?”

“Because...right now, there's no way you can be the Princess of the Sun.”

“I don't understand.”

“Sunset...” said Celestia as she looked directly at her student. “You know my sister was Nightmare Moon, correct?”

“Yes.” said Sunset nodding.

“She wasn't supposed to escape her prison for another nine months. Yet she escaped just a few days ago.”

“Yeah...she said it because of you and Twilight...right?”

“Yes. The prophecy of Nightmare Moon stated she would escape later...not a few days ago. For centuries, I believed that the day she would escape would be when I would die.”

“Die?!” said Sunset Shimmer, gasping at the statement.

“Yes. That is why I have been training you.”

“You trained me...to replace you?” said Sunset with slight confusion. “I mean...I thought that might be the case but...really?”

“Yes. I believed that Nightmare Moon would kill me. I believed on that day, the elements of Harmony would choose a successor and save my sister but...I would be destroyed in the process.”

“That didn't happen though...”

“No...a successor was chosen...and obtained the elements in a way that shouldn't have been possible.” said Celestia as her head slumped down. “And now...I don't know what to do...”

“Wait...so...Twilight Sparkle messed up the prophecy but made the prophecy happen anyway. Didn't she make a better version of the prophecy?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well...you're alive Princess Celestia! Isn't that good?” said Sunset with a smile.

“No...it means something worse...”

“Huh?”

“It means...the destiny that supposed to happen won't...Twilight messed everything up.”

“How did she mess everything up?”

“Well...” said Celestia as she took a deep breath. “First, she was supposed to have five friends to help her inherit Harmony and they would be with her on that day. Instead, she did it alone and her feelings for her friends helped her win...Second, I'm not dead...meaning that I can't pass my power to you...”

“Can't pass it? Why?”

“Well, though you probably haven't noticed it...I have been giving you part of my sun magic over the years my student...”

Sunset's eyes grew as she heard this. “What?”

“Yes...that is why I wanted you to explore Equestria. I wanted you to see all of Equestria before becoming a princess.”

“To see what I would be ruling...” said Sunset as she sat in shock. “If I put two and two together...let me guess...if you died...the full power of the sun...”

“Would transfer to you...”

“No way...” said Sunset as tears began to well up in her eyes. “That means...you...my mentor...”

“Yes...”

“But I...” said Sunset as she began crying. “I...I don't wanna be a princess if your gone!”

“I know.” said Celestia as she put her wings around Sunset. “I know...”

“That's...that's not fair...”

After Sunset cried some more, Celestia continued, “Now my student...because of what Twilight has done, things have severely changed.”

“What do you mean?”

“I will no longer train you to be the Princess of the Sun.”

“Okay...but what do I do now?”

“Well...” said Celestia, trying to think of an answer. “I hate to say it...but I'm not sure...”

“Not sure?” said Sunset, surprised at her mentor.

“Yes...though...you still have the potential to be a princess though...”

“I do?!” said Sunset as a smile appeared on her face.

“Yes...but...you'll need to find out what type of princess to be.”

“How do I do that?”

“Go see the world. Surely you'll find something else you like.”

“Something else huh?” said Sunset with an intrigued look. “Well, I would like to still help Trixie...and...”

“And what?”

“I think I might try my hoof at music...”

The Present...

“You miss your student?” asked Luna.

“Yes...but that's not the point...” said Celestia as she then faced her sister.

“I don't understand.”

“Twilight Sparkle...she messed up our destinies.”

“What do you mean?”

“When you were supposed to return...I believed I was going to die and my student would take my place. Twilight Sparkle would inherit Harmony and in return would later become the Princess of Friendship.”

“That can't happen now, can it?”

“I'm not sure...that's why I'm stuck Luna.”

“Stuck?”

“Yeah...I no longer know what my destiny is Luna...” said Celestia as she began to tremble. “And...I'm scared of Equestria's future because of that.”

“What do you believe Equestria's future is now?”

“I think...its future could be anything now...”

Back at the Rainboom's hideout...

“Let me get this straight Twi...you think we're part of that prophecy mumbo jumbo as well?” said Applejack with obvious skepticism.

“Yes. According to my research, I was supposed to have all you there when I inherited the elements.” said Twilight in a cam tone. “I believe all of us are the elements of Harmony. I believe Fluttershy is Kindness, Rainbow is Loyalty...”

“We know. You already said that.” said Rainbow. “Is this why we met up in that white void dream place?”

“Yes. It's also why this happened to me.” said Twilight as she took her lens off of her left eye. The other six except Fluttershy gasped at her eye. “This is the result of me jumping to conclusions and activating the elements by myself.”

“Darling...your eye looks like your cutie mark!”

“I know. That's why I'm telling you all of this.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, you all are the elements as well. Because of that, Celestia may come after you.” said Twilight as she opened the case. “That's why I made this.”

“A jewel? Is it onyx?” asked Rarity.

“Good guess but no. This is the Element of Darkness.”

“Darkness?”

“Yes, only I know how to use it. I made the element by containing the darkness that was in Nightmare Moon while I had full power over Harmony. Basically, I can use this jewel to turn Princess Luna back into Nightmare Moon.”

The six then looked at each other and then said, “Why would you want to do that?”

“Insurance. She'll try to find us. Trust me.” said Twilight in a regretful tone. “That's why I told you all about this...I've accepted that I am the inheritor of Harmony but...I don't want my friends stuck with my destiny. So I'm going to find a way to make sure you all never have to be part of Harmony.”

“Twilight...you don't have to do that...” said Fluttershy.

“Yeah Twi, we understand...”

“I know...I just..want to protect you girls.” said Twilight with a small frown. “I'm sorry.”

“Well Twi...what do we do now?”

Twilight then gave a big smile. “Well...I do have a heist planned and ready. Wanna show Manehattan the Rainbooms are back in business?”

Part I End

Author's Note:

I wrote this chapter to fill in a few gaps before I start the story up again. This is basically the end of Part 1 of the story. The next few arcs will be about heists and be a bit laid back compared to ' the end of Equestria' like the past few arcs have been. That doesn't mean things won't go bad, its just...my way of saying things will slow down a bit. If you go full throttle all the time, you'll feel like you can't top what you just did and you'll easily write yourself into a corner. The next few arcs will be back to basics as I have other things happen to the Rainbooms. Don't worry, Celestia will be back along with the consequences of Twilight inheriting Harmony early.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next