• Published 14th Feb 2015
  • 407 Views, 10 Comments

Life, Lies, and Letters - pokefreak13



A new evil is stirring and it is up to Celestia, Luna, and five other ponies to stop it.

  • ...
1
 10
 407

Chapter Seven: Battle of The Throne Part One

Shadow Blade and his army traveled up the mountain. While the unicorns teleported, the pegasi flew, and the earth ponies used rope to scale the steep slope, Shadow rode atop Spike. For he would need to save his energy for the battle against the two sisters. Though all of his powers have not fully returned to him, the prince found that the sooner they attacked, the less Celestia and Luna had to prepare.

"Once we reach Canterlot, destroy everypony clad in armor and take the citizens captive!" Prince Shadow Blade shouted, just loudly enough for his army to hear. Then his ruby gaze shifted to Spike. "You will be by my side as we fight the princesses."

"As you wish, my prince." Spike replied hypnotically.

The silver stallion grinned. As he read up on what has happened to his kingdom, he came across an interesting array of pictures. Upon further investigation, Shadow Blade found out that Spike knew both princesses and was there mailman of some sorts.

Spike will be my perfect shield. Those princesses with their petty hearts wouldn't dare hurt their precious dragon. The prince gave a small chuckle. His plan was fool proof.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Aqua Ring was picking up Gust's lost feathers when it happened. At first, the screams of ponies sounded as if there was a wild party going on. However, when the mare felt the ground tremble as hundred of hooves beat the ground, that was when she began to worry.

"Rain Top! What's going on?" Aqua Ring asked.

The dark blue stallion dropped his stick full of grey feathers and shot into the air. "Ponies are running like they're running from where the sun don't shine, not to mention they look like they saw a ghost." Rain Top ran a hoof through his messy green mane and frowned. "Now I see a bunch of ponies charging at them, and a giant purple lizard is at the head with a silver stallion ridding on top."

As he said this, Princess Luna stopped bandaging Gust. Her eyes shrunk to the size of a penny. "A l-lizard with g-green spikes?"

"More like a lime green, but yes. Though, now that I think of it, that lizard is blasting houses with neon green fire."

"A-and does th-the grey stallion have red eyes?"

"Pretty bloody red eyes if ya ask me, that can't be healthy."

With a gasp, Luna dropped the bandages and galloped over to her sister who was helping Redwood and Sunshine pick up fallen branches and twigs.

"Celestia, Shadow Blade is here and he brought an army."


Canterlot was pathetic. At least with Cloudsdale and Ponyville ponies put up a fight. Shadow remembered how Canterlot had the best military base in all of Equestria, but now his pride and joy was reduced to these sorry excuses for ponies he's ever seen. Some even left their own foals and left!

"What have those pathetic princesses done!" He roared. "Spike, take me to the castle."

Spike let out a ferocious roar before charging through Maple Street. Prince Shadow Blade could already picture his victory. He would make Celestia and Luna's deaths quick and painless. Unlike their so called kind monarch, Shadow never liked torturing his victims. After all, they'd be tortured enough as their spirits raise the sun and moon, unable to protect their subjects. They could only watch just like their parents.

"Halt!"

The grey stallion awoke from his daydream with a start. For, on the ground was Celestia herself. No, not just Celestia but an army of skeletal soldiers as well. While some were half clad in armor, all wielded a sword. Even the broken ones looked deadly.

"Celestia." Shadow Blade cooed, causing the alicorn to flinch, "step down now and I might let your body get a proper ceremony."

"Turn back now Blade." Celestia hissed, "and free Spike and everypony else from your mind control."

The earth pony shook his head sadly before resting his head on Spike's. "I'm terribly sorry Tia, but I have grown quite attached to my army. Especially the one you call Spike."

Princess Celestia's eyes darkened, "call me Tia again and I will make sure that you're death is painful."

So she still only lets her sister call her that. Shadow Blade thought to himself.

"Now, do as I say and I'll make sure you get a proper burial." The alicorn exclaimed.

Meanwhile Luna and the Elemental Warriors watch Celestia and Shadow Blade in the safety of the castle's secret passage. There breaths shallow as they await to find out what happens next.

"I can't believe she rose the dead." Luna muttered while trying to free her tail from Gust's bottom.

"What do we do if he finds us?" Sunshine gulped.

"We skin him alive, make his skin into a bag, and then put his inside in that bag and dump it in the river." Aqua Ring replied, only to receive nervous glances from her comrades.

"Remind me never to make you angry." Redwood replied while trying to make sure his horns don't poke Rain Top's wings.

"Looks like they're still talking, should we go and take him down now?" Rain Top questioned, his eyes pressed against a small hole etched in the cracked stone wall.

"Not until she give the signal." Luna exclaimed. "And with you please stop sitting on my tail!"

"But the ground is wet and dirty." Gust complained.

"The one thing I never missed while being on the moon were whiners." Luna grumbled.

"Yo, what's the signal again?" Rain Top asked.

"She had to stomp one of her back legs." Sunshine answered.

"Then it's go time folks." The dark blue pegasus grinned before opening a hidden door, ushering sunlight in the dim space. Then, with a battle cry, he shot out of the door and towards Shadow Blade. His comrades following his lead.