• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 2,633 Views, 157 Comments

LEGO Equestria Girls 2 - Chronicler06



When the Dazzlings attempt to take over the Lego World, Princess Twilight must reunite with her Lego friends (and a reformed Sunset Shimmer) to stop them.

  • ...
9
 157
 2,633

Back in the Lego World

Chapter 8
Back in the Lego World

Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Sunset Shimmer were walking through the streets of Canterlot City on their way to the site of the interdimensional portal in City Park, where they hoped to once again meet their friend from Equestria, Princess Twilight Sparkle.

Sunset Shimmer’s wrists were still bound by those handcuffs as she continued to hold her magic journal. Having already completed her part in the mission of sending a message to Twilight, she was technically supposed to be on her way back to jail by now. However, she had insisted on joining the five Master Builders in welcoming their friend back to the Lego World. None of the girls had any objections to such a request, so they agreed to bring her along.

“I still can’t believe we actually got to ride with Daring Do!” gushed Rainbow Dash as she and the others arrived at City Park. “She’s, like, one of the greatest adventurers ever! Did you know that she once teamed up with Johnny Thunder to recover a powerful ancient relic?”

“Of course we do,” grumbled Applejack as she rolled her eyes. “You’ve already told us about that a dozen times already.”

“Honestly, Rainbow Dash,” said Rarity irritably, “I think we’ve already heard plenty of trivia regarding your personal idol.”

“I just can’t help myself,” replied Rainbow excitedly. “Heck, I bet that if we came face-to-face with someone you’ve always looked up to, you wouldn’t wanna stop talking about all the great things that person has done.”

Rarity glanced upwards as she thought about some of her own personal idols. She eventually sighed and confessed, “I suppose that’s a fair point.”

“Can we stop talking about all that nonsense?” Sunset spoke up. “We’re here.”

The six girls stopped walking and looked ahead to see that they were now only a few steps away from the light grey statue of a horse rearing on its hind legs, which stood atop a pedestal that was five bricks tall and six studs wide on all four sides. The front side of this pedestal in particular was special, because it was here — between two 1x6 plates arranged vertically and through three silvery 2x4 tiles arranged horizontally — that the interdimensional portal to Equestria was located.

However, Twilight Sparkle of Equestria was nowhere to be found. The gathered team of six minifigs were the only ones standing anywhere near the statue.

“Maybe she’s already here and is waiting for us somewhere else,” suggested Fluttershy.

Applejack turned to Sunset and asked, “How long has it been since ya got that reply?”

“I’m not sure. At least a couple of hours,” replied Sunset with a shrug. “Though she did say it might take a while for her to get the portal open, so maybe we’ll just have to wait a little longer.”

Rainbow Dash crossed her arms and muttered, “And I thought that crazy chase through the Old West Region would’ve left her waiting for us.”

“Actually,” Pinkie suddenly spoke up, “being chased by the bad guys made us go a lot faster that we would have if we were in no rush at all, so that crazy chase through the Old West Region actually made us get here faster than if we didn’t have to worry about the bad guys!” She then simply grinned.

“Regardless,” said Rarity, “this is the location of the interdimensional portal. Therefore, we simply have no choice but to stay here and await confirmation of Twilight’s arrival.”

No more than a second later, the side of the statue flashed brightly for an instant as two familiar minifigs suddenly flung out and landed face-down on the grassy ground.

“Twilight!” exclaimed all six girls at once.

Twilight Sparkle, an alicorn princess from Equestria, groaned as she rolled over onto her back and sat up. Even though this wasn’t her first trip to the Lego World, she still had difficulty adjusting to having the body of a minifig. Her blocky legs, her flat and boxy torso, her claw-shaped hands, her cylindrical head with a removable hair piece, all of it still felt just as strange as it did the first time.

Twilight focused her eyes on the surrounding minifigs — her Lego friends — and gave a weak smile as she muttered, “I’m back.”

Twilight quickly noticed that her five friends weren’t the only ones here. She glanced to her left and saw Sunset Shimmer with a friendly smile on her face. Sunset held onto her magic journal with one hand as she held out her other hand to Twilight, despite the handcuffs keeping her wrists close together.

Twilight was hesitant at first. After all, the last time she was here, Sunset Shimmer had been her primary threat. But now, here she was, kindly offering a helping hand in spite of her physical restriction. Twilight began to reach a hand up to her, but then paused and looked away uneasily. Her smile quickly returned as she glanced over at her Lego friends. They seem to have already forgiven her and even accepted her as one of their own, she thought. I’m sure they expect no less of me. Finally, she reached up and grasped Sunset’s hand.

As soon as Sunset helped pull her up to her feet, the other girls quickly embraced Twilight in a group hug and said various greetings to their returned friend.

Once her Lego friends backed off to give her some space, Twilight’s smile fell. “And I’ve got some bad news about those girls you’ve encountered,” she said solemnly.

The others moaned with worried expressions on their faces.

Nearby, the other newly-arrived minifig groaned as he sat up and rubbed his sore head. Spike suddenly stopped when he felt something on his head, so he removed it and turned it around to see that it was a red baseball cap with the word “LEGO” printed on the front. “Yes!” shouted Spike excitedly as he jumped to his feet. “I got my favorite hat back!” He grinned as he put the hat back on his head.

Rarity couldn’t help but giggle lightly at Spike’s excitement over that hat. She turned back to Twilight and suggested, “Perhaps we could have our discussion over some lunch.”

“Oh! Oh! Let’s go to that pizzeria we always go to!” exclaimed Pinkie Pie enthusiastically.

“Sounds good to me,” agreed Applejack with a shrug. The team of now eight minifigs turned away from the statue and headed into town.


The team of friends was sitting at a window-side table inside the pizzeria. On the bench on one side, Sunset Shimmer sat next to the window, and sitting to her left was Twilight Sparkle in the middle and Rarity on the end. On the other side of the table sat Applejack by the window with Fluttershy in the middle and Spike on the end. Rainbow Dash had seated herself at the end of the table in one of two extra chairs she had grabbed for herself and Pinkie Pie, who was away getting everyone’s order.

While Twilight was busy explaining to the others about the true identities of the Dazzlings, Spike simply stared lovingly at Rarity as he sipped at a soft drink through a straw. It wasn’t long until Pinkie returned with a couple of pizzas for everyone to share. Once Twilight was done talking, everyone began helping themselves to a slice of pizza.

Sunset Shimmer sighed in frustration and muttered, “I can’t believe it never occurred to me that those girls were actually sirens from Equestria. I guess after more than five years, I’ve been getting a little rusty with my studies.” She then sadly took a large bite from her slice of pizza.

Twilight gently placed a hand on Sunset’s shoulder and assured her, “But you still did the right thing. You knew my friends needed my help, and if it hadn’t been for you, I would never have known about this new threat to the Lego World. Not to mention, I wouldn’t have been able to figure out a way to come back here so soon.”

Rarity finished another bite of her slice of pizza and said, “Oh, I do hate that you had to return at a time of crisis. There’s so much catching up to do!” She took a light sip from her iced tea and continued, “Perhaps you would give us just the slightest bit of gossip from your world?”

Before Twilight could say anything, Spike quickly replied, “She’s got an official title now.” He used the straw from his drink to imitate a fanfare and then proudly stated, “The Princess of Friendship!”

“Wow, that’s really impressive,” said Sunset with a smile. She looked away sheepishly as she added, “Guess you really were Princess Celestia’s prized pupil.”

“She’s even got her own castle!” Spike smugly added.

“A castle?!” exclaimed Rarity excitedly as she suddenly grasped Twilight’s shoulders, which startled her enough to drop her slice of pizza onto her lap. “You have your own castle?!?” She then caught herself and glanced down at the mess she had just inadvertently caused. She took a deep breath and smiled apologetically as she grabbed a few napkins and helped to clean off Twilight’s shirt and skirt. She cleared her throat and more calmly added, “Ooh, uh, lovely.”

Once she was cleaned up, Twilight grabbed another slice of pizza and asked, “What’s new here? I mean, besides the rising threat of dangerous magical creatures from Equestria?”

All of Twilight’s Lego friends looked at one another with uncertain looks on their faces. Rainbow Dash decided to break the ice as she pulled out her phone and answered, “Yeah, so, that isn’t exactly the only strange thing that’s happened since you left. Check out this security video from the airport I work at.” She turned the blue 1x2 tile around to show Twilight the small display screen as a grainy colorless video started playing.

The video showed the interior of a small hangar that was filled with all kinds of Lego pieces. Sunlight quickly filled the building as a large door was lifted open, revealing Rainbow Dash standing at the entrance. At first she just stood there for a few seconds, but then something amazing happened. The poor quality of the video made it hard to see the smaller details, but the sudden appearance of feathered wings on Rainbow’s back was all that Twilight needed to see to know that she had transformed into her half-pony form — an appearance that she and her friends had all shared on the night they had defeated Sunset Shimmer. As soon as Rainbow in the video had changed, she immediately rushed around the room, appearing as a motion blur as she gathered a bunch of Lego parts and rapidly put them all together just outside the door. The motion blur vanished after only a few seconds, revealing the pony-like minifig Rainbow Dash as she stood proudly in front of her completed creation.

Twilight watched the stunning footage with her mouth gaping wide open in shock. Near the end of the video, she unknowingly dropped her slice of pizza onto her lap.

Rarity sighed and rolled her eyes as she grabbed some more napkins. “Oh, really, darling,” she muttered bitterly as she began cleaning off Twilight again. “Do you even know how to use your own hands?”

“Well, considering that she’s a pony princess from an alternate world who’s used to having hooves instead of hands, I’d say probably not,” replied Pinkie Pie offhandedly. She then took another big bite out of what was now her third slice of pizza.

Rainbow Dash turned off the video and put her phone away as she said to Twilight, “Anyway, pretty sweet, huh? It happens to all of us when get creative.”

“All except for me,” mumbled Sunset sadly. “I don’t even have any creative talents.”

Twilight had heard Sunset and wanted to help her in some way, but decided it would be best to deal with that later. Twilight pondered the implications of what she had just witnessed for a moment. “Hmm,” she said thoughtfully. “My crown was returned to Equestria, but some of its magic must have remained here in the Lego World.” She smiled as she continued, “Now that we’re all back together, we can use that magic on the sirens. Just like when we were able to use it on Sunset Shimmer when she turned into that horrifyingly awful winged monster.” Twilight quickly realized what she had just said, so she glanced back at Sunset and apologetically added, “No offense.”

“None taken,” muttered Sunset bitterly. She held up her handcuffs and added, “Believe me, I’ve had to put up with much worse.”

“Yeah!” cheered Rainbow Dash excitedly. “Now we get to really whoop their butts! They’ll never even know what hit ‘em!” She then started swinging her arms and legs around in various karate moves. Her carelessness soon caused her to accidentally kick the underside of the table, spilling everyone’s drinks and tossing pizza into the air, with one slice landing in Twilight’s lap. When everyone turned to glare at her, Rainbow Dash rubbed the back of her head and chuckled nervously.

Rarity growled in frustration and grabbed some more napkins to clean off Twilight again.

Applejack quickly wiped off the mess on her portion of the table and said, “We’ve got nothin’ to worry about now that Twilight’s back.”

“Oh, I’m pretty sure I could find something to worry about,” muttered Fluttershy worriedly as she watched the others finish cleaning off the table. She then happily added, “But it won’t be the sirens.”

As Spike picked up all the used napkins and took them over to the nearest trashcan, Twilight said, “The sooner we do this, the better. Any idea where the Dazzlings might be? Will we still find them in Bricklyn?”

Everyone else at the table glanced at one another uneasily. “I fear that may be rather unlikely, darling,” replied Rarity with disappointment.

“You see,” explained Sunset, “right after I finished writing you that message, the Dazzlings found us and started chasing us all over the Old West Region.”

“We eventually managed to lose ‘em,” added Applejack, “but there’s no tellin’ where they could’ve gone off to by now.”

“That’s strange,” muttered Twilight as she tapped her chin thoughtfully. “Why would the sirens want to go after you girls in particular? Unless…” Her eyes slowly widened in shock. She looked up at her friends again and asked, “Did any of you show off the magic within you while you were in the presence of the Dazzlings?”

“We did try to get creative when we tried to stop ‘em in Bricklyn,” admitted Applejack.

“And since this magic is apparently now interwoven with our creative talents,” added Rarity, “I’m afraid that such a display was practically unavoidable.”

“And how could we resist?” added Rainbow Dash boastfully. “That magic has turned us into Master Builders! Getting creative is what we do.”

Twilight turned her gaze down to the empty plate in front of her and sighed sadly. “This isn’t good,” she said. “Now that the Dazzlings already know about the magic you girls possess, it’s no wonder they tried to stop you. And now that I’m here, there’s no telling what they’ll do to ensure we don’t get a chance to defeat them.”

“Don’t worry, sugarcube,” assured Applejack. “The important thing right now is that we’re all here, an’ as long as we stick together, there’s no way them sirens can tear us apart.”

At that moment, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie both reached for the last slice of pizza. As soon as they saw their hands grab the slice, they glanced at each other for a moment, then quickly started tugging on the slice.

“Gimme it!” argued Rainbow.

“No way!” argued Pinkie.

“I touched it first!”

“I had my eyes on it first!”

“You already had half an entire pizza!”

“Not my fault I’m a fast eater!”

“I’ll show you fast!”

Eventually, the pizza slice slipped out of their hands, flew through the air, and landed right in Twilight’s lap.

Rarity growled in frustration as she grabbed even more napkins and began cleaning Twilight’s clothes, yet again. “For Ole’s sake, girls,” she scolded. “Please try to show a little bit more respect for Princess Twilight.”

“Well it’s not like we wanted to start a food fight,” Rainbow Dash shot back.

“Even though those kinds of fights are always super-duper fun,” added Pinkie Pie cheerfully.

Once Rarity was finished cleaning Twilight for a fourth time, she tossed the used napkins over to Spike, who gladly took them over to the trashcan. Almost immediately after that, she felt her phone vibrating in her pocket, so she took it out to find out who was calling her. “Pardon me for a moment,” she said to her friends as she stood up and began to walk away.

Rarity placed her phone on the side of her head and, as soon as she heard the voice on the other side, she immediately stopped in her tracks. “It’s Miss Playwell,” she said as she returned to her seat. “I’ll put her on speaker.” She tapped a button on the screen and then set the white 1x2 tile down on the middle of the table.

Twilight leaned forward and saw that the screen on Rarity’s phone showed a portrait of the minifig Celestia over the words, “On Speaker: Celestia Playwell.”

“Greetings, Miss Playwell,” said Rarity. “We have all safely made it back to Canterlot City.”

“That is a relief,” said Celestia’s voice on the phone. “I heard about what happened in the Old West Region. All I can say is that I’m just as surprised as you might be that they even knew where to find you. This is only a hunch, but I’m fairly convinced that somebody had to have told them about where you would be.”

“If you’re gonna make a list of suspects, don’t include me,” said Sunset. “I’d much rather be back in jail than to help those troublemakers. Besides, I’ve already recovered my, uh… personal object and sent a message to Twilight Sparkle of Equestria, exactly as I had promised.” Even though she still had the magic journal with her, Sunset was not yet willing share with just anyone about what it really was.

“I suppose I can take that as good news,” replied Celestia. “Has she been able to respond?”

“Even better,” Twilight spoke up. “I figured out a way to open the interdimensional portal, so now I’m here to help my friends again.”

“Princess Twilight?” asked Celestia. “Well, this is certainly an unexpected surprise. I am pleased to hear that you are able to join us. Perhaps you could help shed some light on the true nature of the Dazzlings.”

“Indeed I can,” replied Twilight. “They were originally magical creatures from Equestria known as the sirens, and their powers involve the use of dark magic.”

“Then it seems my fears have been realized,” said Celestia. “Just as well, I suppose. Kjeld has just called for an emergency meeting in Cloudsdale. All regional leaders and high-ranking Master Builders are to attend, including all of you. You can tell us more about these ‘sirens’ when we get there.”

“Fine by me,” replied Twilight. “Could you tell us how to get there?”

“I’m afraid it would be unwise for me to simply tell you that sort of information,” replied Celestia. “The precise location of that city is always kept secret. However, I have already arranged a flight to take you girls there. The plane is currently waiting for you at the airport.”

“Would it be okay if I also attend?” asked Sunset. “I’m sure these girls would appreciate having me around. Especially Twilight.” She turned to Twilight and smiled.

Twilight turned to Sunset and gave her own friendly smile in return.

Celestia was silent for a moment before she eventually replied, “I suppose I could accept that. There will be a few police officers there to maintain order, so as long as you promise to turn yourself in after the meeting is over, you shall receive that reduced prison sentence, as promised.”

“Sounds good to me,” said Twilight. “See you at the meeting.”

“Farewell, girls,” said Celestia. “I’ll see you in Cloudsdale.”

The rest of the team said various words of departure before Rarity picked up her phone, ended the call, and put it away.

“Seein’ as we’re now finished with lunch,” Applejack spoke up, “let’s head on over to the airport an’ get a move on.”

The others said various words of agreement as they stood up and headed out of the pizzeria.

Once everyone had stepped outside, Sunset Shimmer asked, “Before we go to the airport, where do you girls suggest I keep this?” She held up her magic journal. “I just wanna make sure it’s hidden in a safe place again before I turn myself in."

Pinkie Pie snatched the book out of Sunset’s hands and replied, “I can just put inside the safe at my house. The Cake family and I keep a lot secret recipes in there.”

“Are you sure they won’t mind?” asked Sunset.

“Not at all!” said Pinkie cheerfully. “Compared to other weird things I’ve stored in there, a dusty old book like this is practically nothing.”

“I’m not so sure if I wanna know what else you’ve got in there,” said Sunset uneasily, but then smiled and added, “but as long as you’re sure it’ll be safe, I’m okay with it.”


After that quick detour to Sugarcube Corner to drop off the magic journal, the eight minifigs arrived at Canterlot Airport. Since they were told that their ride to Cloudsdale was already waiting for them, they had decided to simply walk out onto the runway and search for any airplanes that might be sitting idle.

As the group came around a large hangar and got a good view of the entire runway, they saw that the airport was surprisingly empty. There was only one object currently parked on the runway, and it was a certain brown and tan propeller-driven airplane.

“No way,” Rainbow Dash said quietly as a wide grin appeared on her face. She then excitedly shouted, “Awesome! We get to ride with her again!”

“Ride with who?” asked Spike in confusion.

Twilight quickly recognized the symbol that was labeled on the plane, so she turned to Spike and slyly answered, “I have a feeling I might know who our pilot will be.”

As the group got close to the plane, the door on the side of it opened and a familiar adventurer stepped out. “Took you girls long enough,” muttered Daring Do. As she looked over the group, she smiled as she noticed their new addition. “Ah, and you must be Princess Twilight Sparkle of Equestria,” she greeted as she clasped Twilight’s hand and gave it a firm shake. “It’s a real pleasure to meet you. I’m—”

“Daring Do, I presume,” finished Twilight.

Daring finished the handshake and said, “I take it your friends have told you about me.”

Twilight looked away sheepishly as she admitted, “I’m actually quite familiar with your counterpart in my world.” She then turned to look up enviously at the airplane and added, “Though she doesn’t exactly have anything like this. I’ll admit that I’m not familiar with this type of vehicle, but I must say that it looks very impressive.”

“Glad you like it,” said Daring Do proudly. “Built the whole thing myself, brick-by-brick.”

“And considering how this world works, I’m not surprised,” said Twilight.

“There’ll be time for appreciatin' later,” Applejack cut in. “Right now, we gotta get to an emergency meetin’, an’ time’s a wastin’.” She walked past Daring Do and boarded the plane.

“Yeah, she’s right,” said Rainbow Dash. She turned to Twilight and excitedly added, “You think it’s awesome on the ground, just wait ‘til we’re airborne!” She then hopped through the doorway into the plane, soon followed by Pinkie Pie.

Spike tried to climb inside next, but his short legs made it difficult. Fortunately, Rarity and Fluttershy were willing to help him up before they also climbed aboard.

“After you, Twilight,” said Sunset politely as she gestured toward the plane.

Twilight responded with another friendly smile before she turned away and climbed into the plane.

After Sunset Shimmer, the last one aboard was Daring Do, who closed the door as she climbed inside. As everyone buckled themselves into the seats she had added in just minutes ago, Daring made her way up to the cockpit and sat down in the pilot’s seat. She flipped a few switches on the control panel, causing the plane’s four large propellers to start spinning. As the engines powered up, she grabbed onto the flight controls and announced, “Next stop: Cloudsdale!”

Twilight looked out the window next to her seat and watched with amazement as the plane slowly began to roll down the runway. It wasn’t long until the plane eventually built up enough speed to lift off the tarmac and rise into the air.

Now that they were airborne, Twilight relaxed back in her seat and contemplated what would happen next. The Dazzlings certainly posed a major threat to the Lego World, and it seemed that certain leaders had realized that it was serious enough to call for a meeting to presumably determine what must be done to stop them. With her Lego friends by her side, there was little doubt in Twilight’s mind that they would be able to stop those sirens. The only real problem right now was to figure out where to find them.

As Daring Do’s airplane flew off to Cloudsdale with its eight passengers, no one was ever aware of an ominous blinking red light on the tail of the plane.

Author's Note:

I had originally planned to combine this chapter with the one that's coming up next, but I eventually decided that it would be better to split them into two chapters. Just as well, because not only am I not yet done writing the next chapter, but also it's already long enough that, had I combined it with this chapter, it would have made it the longest one I've ever written. As for the dimensions of that statue around the portal to Equestria, I actually (partially) built it using Lego Digital Designer (since I likely don't have the pieces needed to physically build it) so that I would know with certainty how big it would have to be for a standard minifig to walk through the gateway. It was just a test, so I didn't bother saving it, but maybe once I'm finally done writing I might decide to build it and share images. (But like I said very early on in my first story, I'm still encouraging readers to build their own interpretations of various Lego models that appear in this series and share images.)