• Published 26th Jan 2015
  • 468 Views, 3 Comments

Adventure Awaits - MlpRainbowPower



The Mane 6 play a little game--D&D pony version.

  • ...
 3
 468

Chapter 1

"Okay." Twilight said. "Let's get started. Where did we leave off again?"

The Mane 6 were all seated in Twilight's living room, ready to play another round of their adventure game. They had played the night before, but they were all convinced this night would be better. Mainly because they didn't have to go through that whole, boring, what-do-you-want-your-character-to-be stage.

"Wait, wait." Applejack glanced at Rainbow Dash, who was flexing her wings admiringly. "Ah still think that Do Daring is too much like Daring Do to play."

Rainbow Dash nearly jumped out of her seat in frustration. "I told you this yesterday, Do Daring is not Daring Do! They're like, the complete opposite!"

"They do have very similar names." Fluttershy stated quietly.

Rainbow Dash glared at Fluttershy, making the yellow mare tremble in her seat.

Twilight studied her storyboard. "It doesn't say you're not allowed to be a real pony."

"IT'S NOT A REAL PONY!" Rainbow Dash fumed.

Pinkie Pie giggled.

"Let's just get on with it." Twilight said. "Spike, can you get us some drinks? Preferably that new apple juice we just bought."

Spike got up from where he was laying and scampered to the kitchen.

"Hang on a sec, ah don't recall selling ya'll any apple juice." Reported Applejack.

"I didn't buy it from you. I got it from the supermarket near my house." Twilight picked up her storyboard with her magic. "Now can we get started?"

Applejack slapped the board down again. "You didn't buy APPLE juice from Sweet APPLE Acres?"

"No, why is that a problem?" Twilight questioned.

"That is the whole reason of their farm, darling." Rarity reminded Twilight. "And every pony buys apple products from Sweet Apple Acres."

"True." Said Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie nodded.

"Does it seriously matter where I got my apple juice?!" Twilight sighed.

"Yup."

"Definitely."

"Yeah."

"Totally."

"Yes."

Twilight put her face on the table, covering her head with her hooves. Spike arrived with the tray of drinks and set it on the table.

Applejack sniffed at the juice. "Let's see how good this juice is..."

Pinkie Pie pulled Twilight's head off the table. "Oh come on, silly! You just made a mistake! You can fix it by going down to Sweet Apple Acres and buying some apple juice! If you don't want to, though, which I don't see why you wouldn't want to, you can just apologize for running the Apple family out of business, instead of staying silent like a---"

Rainbow Dash put her hoove over Pinkie Pie's mouth. "Geez, Pinkie, how can you talk that much?"

"And who said anything about running the Apple family out of business?" Replied Applejack.

"You did."

"No I didn't!"

"She did!"

"Nuh-uh! He did!"

"Who's he?"

"Cupcake!"

"Everybody did!"

"Only you!"

"Only me!"

"SHUT UP!!!!!!!!! LET'S JUST START THE FRICKIN' GAME ALREADY!!!!!" Fluttershy thundered.

All eyes went on her. She slunk under the table.

"She's right. Let's start the game." Twilight picked up her storyboard again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cool breeze whipped against their faces as they raced down the hill. The adventure ponies were running from one of their enemy's base. The Skeleton Master's base. They had accidentally caused it to do a countdown to self-destruct. Mud squelched beneath their hooves as they tried to escape to safety. The rain was pouring hard onto their faces, but they kept running.

Do Daring smelled the smoke before any pony else. "Guys, run faster! It's about to expl---"

BOOM!

Fire sparks fell from the sky. The wave of force hit the ponies, causing them to fall on their sides. They rolled down the hill, pain soaring through their bodies as they rolled over rocks sticking out of the ground. Do Daring and Mega Storm tried to fly off the hill to avoid any more pain, but they were rolling too fast and their wings wouldn't flap. Mega Storm stopped trying, but Do Daring continued trying to fly away. This resulted in Do Daring rolling over a very sharp rock with her wing. She could feel the bones break.

General Buck grabbed a tree and hung on. Sugar Fruit tried to do the same, but when she stretched out her hooves, she bumped on a rock and skinned her hooves on the tree. General Buck grabbed Sugar Fruit's skinned hoove and pulled her to the tree. The others went tumbling down. General Buck and Sugar Fruit took a breath, then ran down the hill toward the other ponies.

Finally they reached ground. The ponies got up. They could see the ruins of the base. Everything was black and burned, and smoke was pouring out. Some things were still on fire. General Buck and Sugar Fruit came trotting down after them.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow!" Magicka Sequin whined. "Let's PLEASE find the nearest hospital! Or, better yet, a nice relaxing sauna."

"You think YOU have it bad?" Do Daring pointed at her broken wing. "My wing is now useless! I can't fly with one wing!"

Sugar Fruit ran around them all on, staining blood on the grass from her skinned hooves. "I have the worst injury! Do you know how much this hurts?"

"Come on, let's stop the whining and go get some help." General Buck persisted.

"From WHERE? Incase you haven't noticed, we're kinda in the middle of nowhere." Do Daring waved her hoove around the horizon.

"There's gotta be somewhere." Mega Storm said.

"Well, luckily, I know exactly where we are." Magicka Sequin announced. She pointed her hoove left. "That way to Pheonix Town."

General Buck squinted into the trees. "How can you be so sure?"

"I just know. Now come on, we really need some medical help." She walked off in the direction of Pheonix Town.

Sugar Fruit scampered after her.

Do Daring shrugged. "Well, I'm taking the risk! I seriously need my wing fixed. Like, now." She too followed Magicka Sequin.

"She has a good sense of direction, so I'll go too." Mega Storm affirmed. He ran towards the rest.

General Buck sighed. He slowly walked to every pony else.

And they all walked, not knowing what's coming up, not knowing what's right, just walking towards what they think is right.

Author's Note:

This is my first story, and I hope it was all right! I'm obviously not finished, though.
I'm also sorry if it takes a while until the next chapter comes out. I'm kinda slow on these things.....
Anyway, hope you enjoy!