• Published 23rd Jan 2015
  • 1,218 Views, 3 Comments

Discord Wars Episode I: A Hidden Threat - Violet Runner



A prequel to Order 66 and sonicdash123's Equestria Wars. Two Crystal Knights are sent to resolve a blockade of airships blocking trade to a small kingdom.

  • ...
3
 3
 1,218

Chapter 1

A small airship flew towards a beautiful green island country in the distance surrounded by hundreds of gigantic air and battle ships. In the cockpit of the small airship, the captain and pilot manoeuvred closer to one of the larger ones.

"Captain." A cloaked figure said as she turned to face him.

"Yes, sir?" The captain asked.

"Tell them we wish to board at once." The cloaked figure ordered.

"Of course , sir." she said as she pressed a couple of buttons before looking to a view screen, where a brown and white griffin waited for a reply. "With all due respect for the Trade Federation, the Ambassadors for the Princesses of Equestria wish to board immediately."

"Ah. Yes, yes, of course... as you know, our blockade is perfectly legal, and we'd be happy to receive the Ambassadors." The griffin said before terminating the transmission.

The small airship docked alongside a lower part of the Federation Airship. A tube was then extend and attached to a hatch on the side of the smaller airship. Two cloaked ponies then made their way into the larger Airship and were greeted by a silver crystal powered droid.

"I'm PC-14 at your service. This way, please." The earth pony like automaton said as they moved off down the hallway.

The door to a conference room slid open, and the two ponies were led inside by PC-14.

"I hope you honoured sirs are most comfortable here. My master will be with you shortly." PC-14 said before bowing and backing out of the room as the door closed.

The two ponies lowered their hoods to revile they were unicorns. The first was blueish grey with curly white hair and a matching tail and beard. The other was a young mare with an off white coat and two toned green mane.

"I have a bad feeling about this, Star Swirl." The young mare said as they walked over to a large window to observe the lush country side.

"I don't sense anything." The older unicorn said shrugging.

"It's not about the mission, Master. It's something... elsewhere. Elusive." She said shivering a bit.

"Don't centre on your anxieties, Clover. Keep your concentration on the here and now, where it belongs." Star Swirl said as he turned to see if the viceroy had arrived yet.

"But Master Zoda says I should be mindful of the future." Clover said looking up at her master.

"But not at the expense of the moment. Be mindful of the living harmony, my young apprentice." Star Swirl reminded her.

"Yes, Master." She said hanging her head a bit. "So, how do you think this Griffin Viceroy will deal with the princess's demands?" She asked, changing the subject as they moved over to the table to take a seat.

"These Trade Federation types are cowards. The negotiations will be short." The older unicorn said.


Meanwhile PC-14 went to the bridge to inform her master that the ambassadors had arrived.

"What?!? What did you say?" The griffin Viceroy said shaken.

"The Ambassadors are Crystal Knights, I believe." The crystal automaton repeated.

"I knew it! They're here to force a settlement." A brown earth pony said a bit scared.

"Distract them. I will contact the Siren." The Viceroy ordered.

"Are you brain dead? I'm not going in there with two Knights! Send the droid." The earth pony said turning to face PC-14.


Back in the conference room Star Swirl and Clover were starting to get a little inpatient.

"Is it in their nature to make us wait this long?" Clover asked as the door to the conference room slid open and PC-14 entered with a tray of drinks and food.

"No... I sense an unusual amount of fear for something as trivial as this trade dispute." Star Swirl said a little annoyed as PC-14 walked over to Clover who took a drink, before walking over to Star Swirl, also taking a drink.


The Griffin Viceroy and the brown earth pony, as well as another griffin stood before a Crystal Hologram of a robed figure whose face was obscured by a hood.

"What is it?" The hooded figure asked with a female voice.

"This scheme of yours has failed, Siren. The blockade is finished! We dare not go against the Knights." The brown earth pony said cowering a bit.

"Viceroy, I don't want this stunted slim in my sight again." The figure said as the pony bowed his head in shame before turning and walking away. "This turn of events is unfortunate. We must accelerate our plans. Begin landing your troops."

"Is that... legal?" The Griffin Viceroy asked.

"I will make it legal." The figure said matter of factly.

"And the... Knights?" He asked

"The Princess should never have brought them into this. Kill them, immediately." The figure ordered.

"Yes... yes, as you wish." The Griffin Viceroy said bowing as the hologram faded.


In the cockpit of the knight's airship, the pilot looked up to see a gun turret swing around and point directly at the ship.

"Captain?! Look!!" The pilot exclaimed as the captain looked up just seconds before they were detached from the larger airship and shot down in a ball of fire.


Hearing the explosion Star Swirl and Clover leaped to a standing position as the crystal bracelets on their wrists grew into crystal blades that covered their entire hoof.

"... Sorry." The droid said jumping back, started and spilling the drinks on the tray.

"Dioxin!" Star Swirl said as the faint hissing sound of gas began to fill the room.

They then turned their blades back into bracelets and quickly cast a breathing spell.

Author's Note:

Just so people know this isn't just going to a star wars episode 1 with ponies. I am going to break a way a bit after a few chapters.