• Published 12th May 2012
  • 1,315 Views, 7 Comments

Adventure of e-Lightning - Platinum6857



My first fanfic, featuring the story of a ponified me, thanks to a device I made.

  • ...
3
 7
 1,315

Chapter 3

Chapter 3
When I woke up, I had no idea where I was, but the first thing I knew was that I was not at camp. What was my first hint? I was in a cocoon. My head hurt. “Where… Am I?”
“You are at our base, e-Lightning.” Queen Chrysalis herself walked up to me. “And you are our perfect opportunity.”
A changeling walked up to me. “Oh no,” I thought. “Oh Celestia ,no.” I said out loud. The changeling transformed into me instantly. “Oh dear Celestia, no.”
“Now…” The changeling queen said, “Go and find them.”
“HELP!” I shouted at the top of my lungs. But it didn’t work. The cocoon was muffling my cry for help. Discord walked in.
“Why, hello, e-Lightning. Nice day, isn’t it?”
“No. I can’t even tell because I’m underground and in a bucking cocoon.”
“Watch your language, or I’ll watch it for you. Now anyway, I know why you are here. Celestia has sent you with Twilight and her friends to help them on their quest. And I suppose you are the secret element of passion, not available in the pony dimension?”
“Yes, now set me free or I’ll make you.”
“How can you, while you’re in that cocoon?” I was silent.
“Oh, and by the way, shouting ‘I HAVE A CRUSH ON RAINBOW DASH’? Bad idea if you don’t want to get caught. I have the hearing of a bat, you know.”
***
Pinkie Pie looked at the above paragraph. “Uh-oh! This looks like a doozy is up ahead! I better warn everyone!” She suddenly realized she was making her own paragraph. “Oh, sorry! I didn’t mean to bother you!” She trotted down the side of the page and into the next paragraph.
***
e-Lightning’s imposter flew to the camp and got into a sleeping bag. Rainbow Dash woke up to rustling.
“What are you doing?” she asked. The changeling realized that his cover would be blown. He decided to use magic.* The changeling’s forehead flashed green and a beam of light struck Rainbow Dash in the head. She cringed in pain. “What’s… Going… On?!” Eventually she gave under the magic. The hypnotized Rainbow Dash immediately went back to sleep.
***
“It’s so boring in here!” I said. “Does anypony have a deck of cards?” A changeling held up a pack of cards in a box. “Wanna play Go Fish?” I said. The changeling nodded.
***
It was morning, and everypony had woken up, including imposter e-Lightning and hypnotized Rainbow Dash. “Hmm…” Twilight Sparkle said. “Is it just me, or is e-Lightning acting differently?” She pointed out e-Lightning acting awkwardly.
“THAT’S BECAUSE HE’S A CHANGELING!” Pinkie exclaimed. The changeling was caught by surprise.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” The imposter lied.
“Pinkie, don’t make wild accusations like that!” Twilight said.
“But this isn’t a wild accusation! I saw it in the first paragraph!” Pinkie said. She pointed up to the sky.
“Pinkie, is this about the fourth wall again? You know it doesn’t exist.”
“It really does--“ Pinkie was interrupted by her sudden shaking.
“Now that I believe!” Twilight said.
“See?”
“You still don’t have enough evidence!” Twilight said.
“Yeah,” Rainbow Dash interrupted, “He’s still the e-Lightning I know and love.” She hugged the imposter.
“Yeah? Well you’re hypnotized!” Pinkie shouted.
“More wild accusations? I can’t believe you, Pinkie.” Rainbow Dash said.
“Alright, let’s move on.” Twilight said. “Now my plan is that we have Rainbow, Fluttershy and e-Lightning search the sky again for the base.”
“Got it,” They said.
“Now, everypony else look for the base by land.”
“Alright.”
“Ready? Remember your earpieces!” Everypony put on the earpieces. “Alright, let’s go!”
The Pegasi took off all at once. “That’s strange,” Twilight said. “Typically e-Lightning would have trouble taking off. Oh well, guess he’s just getting better at it. Okay, let’s split up!” The remaining unicorns and earth ponies took a different direction each.
***
“Do you have any sixes?” I said. The changeling nodded and I gave a card to it.
***
Pinkie looked at the above sentence, an excuse for a paragraph. “Wow. We have got to find him. He’s playing the game all wrong!”
***
“Hey, I think I found something!” Twilight said into the earpiece. She was looking at a trapdoor. “Everypony come here!” In less than a minute, everypony was staring at the trapdoor. The changeling immediately recognized the trapdoor as the entrance to the base. “Hey, no fair! You were cheating was heard from inside.
***
“You can’t win that way! You have six cards, not all of them can be aces!” The changeling snickered as it revealed its cards.
***
“Alright, who should go first?”
“I will,” Rainbow Dash said.
“Wait, let me come with you,” imposter e-Lightning said.
“Okay, you can come with,” Rainbow Dash said.
Twilight used her magic to open the hatch. The changeling and Rainbow jumped in.
“Tell us when it’s all clear!” Twilight said.
***
The changeling hurried down the corridors to where Queen Chrysalis and Discord were. “We have a problem!”
“What’s wrong?” Queen Chrysalis said.
“They’ve found the entrance!”
“What?! No way! We have to stall them!” She shouted. “Wait… Is that a pony behind you?”
“Yes, but don’t worry, she’s hypnotized.” The changeling queen stared at Rainbow Dash for a few moments, examining every detail. “Hmm… Okay, you two can go.”
***
The changeling and Rainbow Dash hurried over to where e-Lightning was kept prisoner. They opened the door.
***
“Do you have any… Wait! Stop! Imposter!” I shouted.
“Wait… Carl, get away from him! No playing with the prisoner!”
“Oh, alright,” I said. “It wasn’t getting anywhere anyway. He kept cheating!”
***
“Did you hear that?” Twilight said. “I thought I heard someone shout ‘Imposter!’”
“I told you!” Pinkie shouted.
“That still doesn’t prove anything. Not much, at least.” Pinkie started shaking again.
“We still have to figure out what the doozy is.” Twilight said.
“I already told you! The doozy is that he’s an imposter!”
***
The spell began to wear off of Rainbow Dash. “Who… What… Where…” She said.
“Whoa!” She shouted, as she finally came to and saw more than 100 changelings staring at her. “Yikes!” She shouted. She turned to run when suddenly her eye caught a cocoon in the far back. She turned around again. “Who’s that in there?” she said.
***
I knew it was my turn to act. “Rainbow! I’m over here!”
“e-Lightning? But then who’s here?”
“That’s a changeling!”
“Don’t listen to him.” The changeling said. “I’m the real e-Lightning. Discord is pulling tricks on you.”
“No, listen to me!” I shouted! “I’m not an illusion! That’s a changeling!”
“Two e-Lightnings, both of their stories are equally likely… Who’s the real one? Oh Celestia, I wish everypony else was here… Wait! They must be outside! I should call for help!” Rainbow Dash thought to herself.
“HELP!” She cried.
***
“Did you hear that?” Twilight said. “Rainbow’s calling for help!”
“No, don’t listen! She’s still hypnotized!” Pinkie said.
“You still haven’t got any proof that she is hypnotized.”
“Oh yeah? Well, remember her eyes? They’re usually magenta, right? But this time, her eyes were green!”
“Hmm… That’s right…”
“And remember? When your brother was hypnotized, his eyes were green!”
“Right! So then that means she is hypnotized! So then maybe it’s a trap!”
“See?” Pinkie said. “I told you so!”
“Sorry Pinkie. So what should we do then? We just can’t leave her down there forever.”
“Yeah, you have a point there.” Pinkie said.
“I think we should just wait,” Twilight said.
***
“HELP!” Rainbow Dash cried. “Why isn’t anypony coming? Do I have to go to them and ask them for help?” She waited for a while. “Guess I have to.” She took one step, and suddenly rows of changelings filled the corridor. “Oh no!” She shouted. “Guess I’ll have to decide myself.” She thought for minutes on who is correct. Was it the e-Lightning next to her, or the one in the cocoon? Was it the one who said that Discord was pulling tricks on her, or the one saying that the other e-Lightning is a changeling? She kept thinking, until she came up with an answer. “Pop quiz,” she said harshly.
***
“Pop quiz! Here’s my chance!” I thought to myself.
“Alright, what element does e-Lightning represent?” Rainbow Dash said.
“Passion!” The changeling and I replied in unison. “Darn! He knows more than I thought!” I thought to myself.
“Okay then, who is the pony who brought e-Lightning here?”
“Doctor Whooves!” We replied in unison.
“Hmm, you were a bit slow there,” She said to me.
“What is the meaning of life?”
“42! I shouted.”
“What?” said the changeling.
“Alright then, the e-Lightning over there is real, and you’re not.” She said to the changeling. She punched him with as much force as she could muster. The changeling fell to the ground, and his disguise faded away. Rainbow snatched my backpack as soon as she could. “Hmm, let’s see here,” she said as she filed through my bag. “Where did you keep that RPG?”
“It’s in the third pocket, next to the Swiss army knife!”
“Thanks!” She shouted to me. She pulled out the remote and pressed the button. Instantly the remote transformed into an RPG. The changelings were in shock. She loaded a shell into the gun and pointed it directly at the changelings. “FIRE IN THE HOLE!” she shouted as she pulled the trigger. I put my hooves over my ears.
The rocket flew at a high speed toward the changeling in the middle of the room. There was a flash of light and a loud “BOOM!” Instantly the changelings went flying all over the room. Rainbow Dash ran towards me the second when she got the chance. She pulled out the Swiss army knife and made a cut in the cocoon. I pulled it open and jumped out.
“I’m sorry I ever doubted you,” she said.
“It’s alright, everypony has to make a mistake sometimes. Besides, I would be just as confused if I were you.” We hugged.
“Umm, e-Lightning? We have a problem.” Rainbow Dash said to me.
“What?” I said.
“Look.”
I saw what appeared to be every changeling in the complex lined up at the edge of the room. “Uh-oh,” I said.
“What now?” Rainbow said.
“Now, we call for help again.” I said.
***
“HELP!”
“I’m getting tired of waiting. Besides, Rainbow sounds sincere this time.” Twilight said. She jumped into the trapdoor.
“Twilight, no!” Pinkie shouted.
“I think we should follow her,” Rarity said.
“Me too,” Fluttershy said.
“Ah think so too,” Applejack said, and they jumped in after her.
***
“Well, it looks like this is it,” I said. “We’ve waited, and nopony has come to save us so far.”
“You’re right,” Rainbow Dash said, looking at the seemingly endless line of changelings.
“Well, what should we do?”
The cyan Pegasus whispered into my ear.
***
“C’mon! I think the voice came from here!” Twilight shouted. They turned at the next intersection and down the hall.
“My, this place is huge!” Rarity said.
They kept running down the hall and opened the door. What they saw was hundreds of changelings… And e-Lightning and Rainbow Dash making out. Everypony cringed in shock.
“I don’t even know what I should be more concerned about!” Twilight shouted.
***
We looked up to see Twilight and everypony else staring at us. We blushed.
“Umm…”
“Never mind that, we gotta get rid of these changelings!”
“Too late for that,” A familiar voice said.
“Discord!”
“Oh, and by the way, I see what you did there.”
Queen Chrysalis was beside him. Her horn flashed a brilliant green and everything went black.
*Yes, changelings can use magic. They have horns!