• Published 18th Jan 2015
  • 377 Views, 5 Comments

My New Friend, Snow - DiscordFan



Fluttershy plays in the snow, until she meets a new friend!

  • ...
 5
 377

A New Friend

"Angel," Fluttershy softly called, "Angeeeel." Oh well, I suppose he wouldn't want to play outside like all my other animal friends. It's far too cold! Fluttershy nodded in understanding at her own thoughts and prepared to go outside: hat, scarf, wool saddle, boots. Is that everything? Fluttershy hoped so. If she didn't she would just head back and enjoy some hot choco. As difficult as Angel Bunny was, he knew how to make some hot choco. When Pinkie came over once, she demanded the recipe. In fact, she almost went Pinkamena! Fluttershy shuddered at the thought of Pinkamena.

Once sure she had everything, she headed out. It had snowed last night and was already hard enough for building snowponies, so Fluttershy set to work. First, she made a heap that was as tall as her body, then set to work on carving the legs. She even made indents on the back legs where they connected to the body and below the flanks where there was that little groove. Suddenly, Fluttershy received an animal's distress signal.

Oh no. This animal is in both mental and physical pain! I have to find him/her. He/She needs obvious help. I hope they don't have an infected wound. Oh the poor baby! Fluttershy rushed about to find the animal, hoping she wasn't too late. After a few minutes she fell down and began crying because she couldn't find the animal. All alone and possibly scared. Fluttershy continued crying at the thought.

After a little bit, Fluttershy felt something snuggle up to her and share her pain. She looked over and saw a black and white husky puppy. There was a serious cut grazed across his right side. She received his thoughts. He was lost, he watched his family die. This dog, this poor, poor dog lost so much. Fluttershy felt so bad. She picked up the now sleeping puppy and secured him between her wings, and started to walk home.

Oh my. He's a bit heavy for a little puppy (and for such a blood loss). Don't worry, I'll take care of you... Snow. Fluttershy walked into her cottage and set the pup down on the couch. She needed to treat his wound immediately. She found the first aid kit and patted a wet, warm washcloth on the wound. She heard a wimper and patted more gently.

"Stay with me, Snow," Fluttershy, "Stay with me." Fluttershy wouldn't be able to stand it if Snow, her new friend died. Angel Bunny hopped in with his doctor getup on. He saluted to Fluttershy after getting a list of items needed through their minds. Angel hopped off, and then he came back with a team of animals, each carrying a different item.

"Scraper," Fluttershy said and gently began scraping off the cold, dried blood in order to get out the infection. After a few whimpers later, Fluttershy said, "Infection serum." Angel Bunny carefully handed her a jar of serum. "Dropper." Fluttershy added the serum to the wound and mixed a little bit of Zecora's special healing ointment in with it.

"Now to wait." Fluttershy carefully placed Snow between her wings once more, and she headed upstairs to her room. She placed Snow on her bed and looked outside. It was dark out! When did that happen? She glanced at the clock. 8:27p.m! When did it get so late!? Flutteshy looked at Snow and crawled into bed with him. Snow, feeling something else's warmth snuggled against her and continued to sleep.

Fluttershy took one last glance at Snow before falling asleep, and wispered, "Goodnight, my friend, Snow."