• Published 3rd May 2012
  • 1,352 Views, 19 Comments

The Grounded Musician - SilasSilversti



Fluttershy and Applejack meet an unlikely victim of circumstance

  • ...
2
 19
 1,352

The Mane Six

Chapter 3

 




Standing up on stage, blasting heavy riffs, distortion blazing, a loud crowd cheering. I am Silas "Black" Strat, I flipped my hair upward and kept shredding up and down the neck of my guitar. I looked into the vast crowd of ponies, they loved it, I was finally a somebody! Then I woke up.

Oh come on, that's just not fair. I thought, I wanted to think more about my dreams of becoming a somebody. I glanced over at the clock, it was 11:45 Am. Man did I sleep late, oh well its not like I had somewhere to be or a schedule to follow. The door opened slightly, Nurse Redheart peaked in. "Oh good, you're awake. I have your breakfast Mr.Strat"

She trotted over with a tray of simple eggs and orange juice. "Thank you." I said, then she left. I haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon, so I was pretty hungry. I ate slowly, then i remembered. I missed the gig, my bandmates are gonna be pissed at me. Then again, they have no idea where I am. I don't know if thats good or bad, probably a little of both.

The door opened again, in came Fluttershy with two other mares just as i finished eating. One of them was purple unicorn that had an indigo mane with two stripes, one pink, one purple. The other was a white unicorn with a purple mane, she looked somewhat high class. Fluttershy smiled, "Good morning." She said in a shy voice, she then looked over at her two friends, they both had expressions of sympathy.

"Girls, I'd like you to meet Silas." The purple pony stepped forward, "It's nice to meet you, I'm Twilight Sparkle. We were worried about your condition and we thought to stop by and introduce ourselves." The white pony then stepped forward "Not to mention welcome you to Ponyville, my name is Rarity and it is a pleasure to meet you." I smiled, "It's nice to meet you both too."

They seemed rather friendly, I mean I was a total stranger. Twilight had a worried look on her face, "How are you feeling?" I frowned a little, "Nurse says i can't fly for a couple weeks, but I'm getting out this afternoon." Twilight frowned, "Oh my, don't worry though, the ponies around here are very nice. You'll be welcomed by just about everypony in town." Her frown turned to a smile, as did mine.

Fluttershy then spoke softly, "Applejack should be here any minute with the rest of the girls." I grinned, it was exciting meeting new ponies this easily. The door opened, Applejack walked in with two other ponies. One of them was a Cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane. The other was light pink with a curley magenta mane. "Mornin' Silas." Applejack cheerfully said.

"Good morning Applejack." I greeted back, now there were six ponies all crowded around my hospital bed. Twilight then announced, "This is Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie." She pointed to the cyan pegasus and cheery mare. Pinkie smiled wide, "Oh its so nice to finally meet you! How you doin'? I'm Pinkie Pie! Do you love to party too? Ooh ooh ooh I know, you really really love to party! You oughta stop by sugarcube corner sometime!"

"PINKIE!" Rainbow Dash yelled, Pinkie stopped hopping up and down. Rainbow spoke, "Hey dude, hows it hanging?" She noticed my wing then her expression turned blank, "O-oh wow, what happened? Are you alright?" I nodded slowly, then Applejack spoke, "Why don't y'all calm down and let him tell his story."

Alright I thought of where to begin, oh yeah, where it all begun. "Okay, I'm in a band with my best friends. We were supposed to play in Manehattan last night. So I packed my guitar and decided to fly there. A storm was brewing though, a rough storm too. I didn't have time to delay so I flew right on through it. There was thunder and lightning, it was crazy, I was running late so I got careless about where I was flying. I just remember a burning feeling then falling, I guess I passed out."

"Then we found him the next morning in the Everfree Forest and brought him in." Fluttershy concluded. I nodded and glanced around the room, Rarity, Twilight, Rainbow, and Pinkie all looked shocked. "You were in the Everfree forest for a whole night passed out?! Oh my that must have been dreadful, truly dreadful." Rarity looked as if she was about to faint.

"Nurse said I was struck by lightning." I said calmly, everyone gasped, cept for Fluttershy and Applejack. "Y-you were struck by lightning?" Rainbow said in a scared tone. I nodded then showed everyone my left wing, it was burnt badly. "Also, I broke my left wing on impact. Nurse said i can't fly for a couple weeks." Rainbow gasped, "A COUPLE WEEKS?"

I think it was bad I told everyone the truth, I think it scared them too much. "Now now, he's gonna be alright." Applejack calmed everyone else down, she was good at it. "Where are you from?" Twilight asked. I hesitated, "W-well um, I don't a-actually have a home right now but I grew up in Cloudsdale and ended up moving to Fillydelphia." Everyone gasped, "Oh my goodness! Well you are welcome to stay with me until you can fly again." Twilight said, "Yer mighty welcome to stay in one of my extra barns too, if y'all want." Applejack offered. "O-oh, you're also welcome to stay with me, that is unless you don't want to." Fluttershy spoke softly.

Wow, three different options. I smiled, "You are all so kind and helpful, Is it okay if I switch every couple days?" The three ponies answered in unison, "Of course it is." Oh man, I think I may like it here. "Thank you all, very much, let me know if theres anything I can do for any of you." I really was grateful, I haven't had a place to stay for a while.

Rainbow then spoke, "So you play guitar? That is so awesome!" She seemed impressed. Pinkie then asked, "How long have you been playing for?" I thought for a second, "About 6 years, I started when i was just a colt. I guess it was my special talent." Twilight smiled, "If you want, come by my library when you get out. I'll help show you around town." She offered, "Okay, that sounds nice." I replied.

"Well we best let him be for now, he must be overwhelmed with all these questions." Rarity said, on that note all six ponies started towards the door. Everyone said their goodbyes then trotted out the door. Rainbow was last, "We've got to hangout sometime!" I grinned, "Totally, see you around!" Then she left. I was all alone again. Then I glanced over to the clock, it read 11:55am, hmm i get out at 2:30pm. I took advantage of the time and went back to sleep, I couldn't wait till' this afternoon!