• Published 21st Jan 2015
  • 272 Views, 5 Comments

Not So Cheery Times - Poia



Cheerilee has gone missing and a skeleton has been found. Dead, obviously. The murderer is unknown and Twilight is the only one brave enough to search.

  • ...
 5
 272

Letter

"So, what did she say?" Spike asked Twilight as she plopped down on the couch.

"No." She responded. She put a hoof to her forehead.

Spike thought for a moment. "What? What do you mean 'no'? She realizes how serious this is right?"

"Yes, but we don't have any leads." Twilight used her magic to levitate a book off her shelf and towards her face. She turned to a random page and set it down to cover herself. "I can't believe that some pony committed murder and got away with it. If you need me, I'll be here for the rest of my life."

The little drake looked at his friend, disappointed. He knew how horrible she must have felt. Then, he felt a familiar feeling. "Twilight."

She ripped the book from her face and threw it to the ground, she glared and Spike. "What?" she growled.

Spike took a clawed fist and hit his chest a couple times before burping flames into the air, a scroll appeared in the green.

"What does she want?" Twilight said. She grabbed the scroll in her magic then threw it into the trash can. She rolled over, burying her face in the cushion and shut her eyes. "I don't care."

Spike ran over to the trash and pulled out the scroll. He rolled it open and read it to himself. The handwriting was, off, to say the least.

Dear Twilight

I heard what my sister said to you, that you can't search for the criminal. I know that you want to find them and bring them justice. I officially give you my permission as Princess of the Night to search for the murderer. Celestia knows not what she says. With my knowledge of the law, it is obvious that murder is a first class offense and that we should stop and nothing to capture the perpentrator. If you still desire to find them, go ahead. I wish you good will.

-Princess Luna

Spike stared at the sheet. "Twilight!" he shouted.

"Leave me alone!" she hissed.

"No, Twilight, read this!" He pointed at the third sentence in the note.

Twilight's eyes opened wide. "No way." she mumbled. She snatched it from her assistant and read it herself. "This is amazing Spike. I can't believe this!"

"Are you going to go?"

"Of course! And I think I know where to begin."

Author's Note:

I get that this story is really dragging on before the 'good stuff' happens, but don't worry, the next chapter WILL be the beginning of the investigation.