• Published 3rd May 2015
  • 796 Views, 3 Comments

W.A.F.E. - DNA Hochburger



We have to go on, get stronger, because our enemies are getting stronger too. But we also have to have fun, because what´s life without fun?

  • ...
9
 3
 796

Wrap ups.

The sun is already on its way to give the moon place in the cloudless skies of Ponyville as the last train from Canterlot slowly drives into the station. Under all the ponies that leave is one mother who desperately needs to see her son. After going home and putting her stuff away, she swiftly begins her way towards a certain forest.

Love you worry too much, he's fine. The girls are with him, thinks Love Tap to herself as she quickens her pace.


Almost sweating the mare pushes open the doors to the castle and is immediately greeted by the sight of the foyer. It hasn't changed much since she saw it last time. The most prominent feature that did however is the couch on which a blue unicorn in a maid uniform and a chocolate stick hanging out of her muzzle lays as she stares surprised at the other mare.

She quickly chews down the sweet before standing up, fixes her dress and then bows in a leisurely pace. "Good day. How may I help you?"

The cream colored mare looks at the maid with a mix of shock and confusion before she finally gets her thoughts straight. "Yes. Yes. I'm looking for my son Button Mash."

Trixie raises her head again before she answers, "Yes, of course. If you would please follow me." And with that she turns around and starts walking with Love Tap trailing her.

After short the two ponies reach a door where a simple sign hangs above with the inscription: Games.

"Your son is in here," states Trixie as she magically opens the door for the other female. After Love Tap has entered she already closes it.

The mother looks around the spacious room. While large parts are still empty it is already decently filled. There is a dart area, a billiard table a bit further in the room and a couple of tables occupying the general middle area. One of these tables is used right now by four foals and one human.

Love approaches them with a chuckle, when she sees what they are doing, her worries already dispersed at seeing her little Button up well.

When the group hears the sound they turn to see who comes. The brown colt jumps up, runs up to his mother and hugs her tightly.

"Hello, sweetie. How are you?"

He releases himself from the embrace to look up at her. "I'm great! DNA, showed us a new game and we are just playing it."

"Yeah! And we are waiting for somepony to make his turn," exclaims Scootaloo.

The only pony male hurries back to his seat and picks up his cards.

Curious about what they are playing, she steps closer. Each player has three cards on them while three cards are faced up in the middle of the table. She never saw a game like this. I guess they have their own card games where they come from.

When DNAs turn finally comes around he simply knocks on the table, making three of the four other contestants groan. The only one of the foals who doesn't is Sweetie Belle, whose expression is full of concentration and professionalism.

After everpony participating made their last move they all throw their cards down for everyone to see. There are two sighs of relief and one groan of defeat. The human pats the orange pegasus's back. "It's alright, Scootaloo. You only learned the game today. You're going to get better with time."

"But Sweetie hasn't even lost yet," complains the winged pony, while pointing at her white friend.

"I've lost too... Once," defends the marshmallow colored unicorn herself from... something.

"Now now, don't argue. Some are better than others and who knows..." he leans in closer to build up the anticipation, "Maybe it's even her special talent."

The foals eyes lighten up in realization before they quickly look at Sweetie Belles flank and then let out a disappointed breath when there is no Cutie Mark.

"It wouldn't be a special talent if it just popped up after playing a single game with your friends," states the earth tamer. They slump a bit, but understand what he means. He claps in his hands. "Now," he turns to Love Tap, "How can I help?"

She smiles at him. "I actually came by to pick up my son."

He looks up before looking at her. "How the time flys by, when you have fun." DNA turns to the foals. "Ok sleepovers over I'm gonna bring you home," says the human as he points at Sweetie Belle and Applebloom.

The three fillies groan in annoyance to voice their displeasures towards that decision with their colt friend rolling his eyes next to them. "I'm not gonna hear any of that," explains the human as he smiles and picks them up so they can climb on to him more easily. Each of taking special care not to disturb the egg. Once the four kids are all settled on him he looks at Love again, making sure to not do to sudden movements because of the filly on his head. "So shall we go."

"Sure," is the answer he receives as they leave.

As they walk back to town Love Tap asks the foals, "And how was it with DNA?"

She regrets the question milliseconds later as she is flooded with immense amounts of information.

As they walk through Ponyville with the occasional glance thrown them, especially DNA, they find a well known fashionista.

When she sees them too she hurries over. "Oh, hello darlings." She hugs the other mare and is about to do so to DNA, but stops when she notices the height difference and just stares on awkwardly.

He just waves down at her, "Hey, Rarity." The human then proceeds to take the white filly off of himself and hold her in front of her sister.

They embrace and nuzzle each other.

He then puts Button Mash onto his mother before he does a quick bow. "As much as I'd love to walk and talk with you a bit, I better bring Applebloom back. Her family must want to see her back."

The mares understand and so they part ways with the foals screaming their goodbyes to each other.

After a good trip towards Sweet Apple Acres they finally reach the family abode. Big Mac is in the barn finishing the last of the chores for the day.

On the yellow fillies insistence the human puts her on the ground and as soon her little hoofs touch down she runs to her brother and screams: "Big Mac!"

The large red earth pony turns just in time to see the yellow blur that is his sister slam into him, which doesn't do much against his massive frame. When he looks down he sees her big yellow-red eyes starring at him. He smiles back at her and pulls her in tight. "Welcome back lil' sis."

He looks up as he hears a male voice call out for him. It's the black clad human striding over to him with Scootaloo on his head and an egg in his arms. He waves at the red stallion with a smile on his face. As he approaches the other male he asks, "Hey Big Mac, do you know where Applejack is? I need to talk to her." The large red pony points in a direction of the orchard. The human nods his thanks before putting the orange pegasus of himself much to her displeasure. "Gonna be right back, Scootaloo. Just gotta have a talk with Applejack quickly." Before she can reply he already turns away and goes where Big Macintosh pointed to.

After some minutes of walking under through the apple orchard he comes to a clearing. In the middle are some logs rammed into the ground. Each of them have cuts in them. On a side is a small shack with an open chain lock next to it. A familiar orange farm pony steps out of it, sweat coating her entire body and a white towel around her neck.

When she sees him she waves a hoof in his direction. "Howdy, DNA. Ah haven't expected ya to drop by here." She stops and looks at the egg in confusion. "What's up with the egg?"

He waves back. "A friend gave it to me. Anyway I just dropped Applebloom off and came to ask you something."

"Well shoot then, pardner," she replies happily.

"The star that doesn't fall, the flower that doesn't wilt and the apple that doesn't rot. When everyone else is swallowed by the shadow these three will be left behind to tell the legacy and to face the shadow one last time." Applejack has gone stock-still while he recited the old prophecy. "You wouldn't have anything to do with that or?"

She doesn't move and just stares at him for a couple of more seconds before she sighs and takes off her stetson, her expression grim. "I thought you said you won't do anything and will wait."

DNA on his part begins to beam. "So I was right. And to your information, I found it purely by accident." He reaches behind his back and brings forth a small children's book, holding it out for her.

The mare grabs it and flips it open. It looks old and worn out. On the first page is the same prophecy DNA just said. She skims over the pages and at some point just lets it drop, her legs giving up under her causing her to collapse and starts crying openly. The human walks over to her and takes her in his arms. Right then Applejack doesn't care that she shows weakness in front of someone else. She's just happy that there is someone that doesn't care who she is or what she does and just accepts her.

The minutes pass and with time her tears subside. When they are finally gone all together she pulls away from him and wipes her eyes dry with one hoof. She looks up at his face where she finds a comforting smile. The orange female lets her head drop with a heavy sigh. She takes a deep breath raises her determined gaze. "I will tell you."

He raises a concerned eyebrow at that. "You don't have, you know. I said and I will. That today was just an accident and I'm sorry about that."

"Don't be. And I want to tell you, because... I guess because I trust you." She stops, glances away unsure before looking back at him. "That is if want to hear it."

DNA raises a hand in a defensive gesture that is meant be done with both hands. "Now now. Don't get me wrong I'm eager to know it, but like I said I'll wait until you ready to tell me."

"I think I'm ready," she answers him after a short pause.

He goes into a cross-legged position, putting the egg in the hollow they create and states, "Then please go ahead, I'm all ears."

She takes a deep breath before starting her tale.


The sky is already a deep orange-red as Applejack finishes.

At this point DNA lies with his back on the ground, arms behind his head and the egg resting on his stomach. She looks at him expecting anything negative, but she doesn't find it. She doesn't find anything at all as he stares blankly into the sky. He turns his head so to look at her. They stay like that for a few seconds just looking intently into each others eyes.

He closes his eyes, sighs and as he opens them goes back into his cross-legged with the egg in the same place as before.

"You told me of your secret so it is only fair I tell you something from myself in return. It isn't necessarily a secret and I would tell it to most if they asked me to tell them, but I still feel I should." His tone is rather somber.

"You don't have to. I didn't expect you to tell me anything when I told you it."

"Same here. You told it to me and I didn't expect it either. And I guess I feel the same way you do in the way that I trust you."

The farm mare is taken aback by that, because she thought this trust was just one way. But looking back at it I guess it made sense in a way.

"You should sit down for this, it might take a while." As soon as she is settled down he begins. "Let me start with a bit about my world..."

The hours pass as the sky slowly turns darker shades of blue with each passing minute, the silence only broken by the human repeating his past, even the nature staying silent as if it knew the importance of this conversation. When he finishes the orange pony has a very different expression on her face, than the human before. Where there was indifference on him, she has utter shock as she stares at him. But he has a yet again a neutral expression on him.

Applejack on her part can't decide on which emotion to settle. There are so much swirling around her head such as fear, irritation, happiness, respect and impression. She looks up at him. How he looks into the star filled sky seemingly obvious to the world around him. And so not really knowing what to do she does the first thing that comes to her mind. "I'm sorry."

The reply comes immediately almost cutting her off. "Don't be." His voice is hard and almost comforting. "What happened in my old life was in no way your fault and beside it's over now. It's been for a long time." There is a short pause before DNA finally looks at her. "Should we go? I'm sure they already wonder what we are up to."

She puts on her hat and stands up at the same time. "Ah reckon yer right."

The human stands up a slight smile on his face, not the energetic one he usually has on him, but it's something at least.

He takes one step and suddenly out of nowhere the egg begins to glow. It's a really intense glow causing the mare to shield her eyes with one hoof. After a couple seconds it disappears as soon as it arrived. When Applejack looks back there's something in DNA's she has never seen before.

It is a bipedal creature with a white body. Its body and legs seem to resemble a nightgown or an oversized dress. Its green hair resembles a bowl cut, which covers most of its face. Its hair is split by two flat red horns, a large one toward the front and a smaller one at the back. Looking beneath the hair shows a pair of large closed eyes.

"Uuuh," coos DNA as he holds the small thing. "I thought it'd be some kind of animal or pet, but this is just as good, if not better." His voice is barely above a whisper as to not wake up whatever is in his arms.

"Sooo uhm, what is it?" asks the mare hesitantly.

She doesn't get an answer as the little thing begins to shift as it awakens with a cute yawn. Applejack catches a glimpse of the pink-red eyes fluttering open. I looks up at the humans face and he glances back. They stay like that for a couple of seconds before it begins giggling and stretches its little white arms towards.

He smiles back and starts tickling her stomach, causing her to giggle more. "Aren't you the sweetest little thing?" He lifts her above his head with both hands, which makes her laugh even harder.

The human brings her close to his face and she prods his nose, which makes her giggle again. As soon as he takes her away from his face she tries to reach for his smelling apparatus again. He turns her around so she faces the orange pony and her struggles stop immediately.

Applejack feels the newborns eyes bore into her own even without seeing them. After a couple of seconds the little one starts reaching out for her. DNA puts her down and it makes its way crawling towards her. She looks curious as the little thing as it gets closer to herself. When it finally arrives she hugs her leg.

The farm mare looks first at the thing hugging her leg and than to DNA raising an eyebrow.

He chuckles softly. "She's an empath. She probably felt the distress you felt over the things we talked about and tries to comfort you."

The orange pony looks down at the creature currently embracing her leg and begins to smile. She puts a hoof on the side of the little things head and says, "Thanks, but I'm fine."

It looks up a smile on its face.

When DNA picks her she shrieks in surprise before giggling. He puts her in the nook of one arm and letting her play with the fingers of his hand before turning to the mare, "Shall we go?"


When they reach the family home Applejack goes inside quickly getting Scootaloo who is already sleeping. On his way back DNA sees a royal chariot depart from the tree library in the distance.

He gets a toothy smile as he turns around. "So the prince has departed. It's a bit sad I didn't get to interact with him a bit more. Oh well. We'll meet again soon enough." The human looks down at the two children sleeping in his arms. "Life can change so quickly." He throws a last glance at the silent village behind him before stepping into the Everfree, the shadows swallowing him completely.


The six trainees stand in the lobby facing the stairs. A bit off leans FREEZER against a wall, his arms crossed.

The ponies don't know why they are called, but they are here now. They look up when DNA descends the stairs, carrying a small sleeping creature in his arms. He stops a couple of steps before the bottom. "So," he begins, "The first of your fire trials will now start." His voice is barely over normal converstion volume. The black clad biped turns his gaze especially on Shadow Slash, who sports the surpressor collar. "Are you ready, Shadow?"

He nods and replies, "Yes." His voice radiates complete confidence.

"You are aware that you may very well die here? Do you still want to go?"

Without hesistation the dark green unicorn responds, "Yes."

The human nods. "Very well then."

FREEZER walks without indication up to the other human and takes the small thing in his own arms. "Now then let's get going."

And with that DNA and Shadow Slash leave into the night.

Author's Note:

I realized that the last chapter was a bit short so here.

The card game they played is called Fire (at least in my language).

The creature from the egg is a Ralts if anyone didn't get that. So yeah I committed to the egg. An spontaneous idea I got on the 1st of April actually.

So yeah hope you liked the stuff I wrote.

Oh before I forget it. Applejacks secret has been revealed to DNA. What was it though? But probably the more important question: What did DNA tell Applejack? It's gonna take awhile until we get to that so I hope you stay tuned.